IGNORED

Why I love Everton

jofanon

Lots of people are born into a club because of locality or parental influence.

I live in London and my Dad is a gooner. Not sure how I found Everton - I guess I was chosen.

Don't get me wrong the club drives me mental sometimes but I've been reflecting lately after watching Chelsea's behaviour.

Publicly trying to influence a player to leave

Manipulation of the ref and general cheating

Embarrassing a poor medical professional in public

Etc etc

Compare that to:

Lukaku giving that woman a hug and apologising

Naismith buying unemployed people tickets

John stones was named as the top charity footballer

We may not have the best football club but I wouldn't sell out to be like Chelsea for a 1000 champion league medals.

Hopefully we can do both.

COYB

i love the club too. but in its current state its sad. look at this table

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_competitive_honours_won

Tied for 5th, FUCKING 5th in the whole damn country. and the last one was 1995. we are a massive club (read the chart) and need a board that believes the same thing.

I was chosen by my dad

My dad was chosen by my grandad

I don't love everton. That's an emotion I have for my wife and my family and close friends. It's something different with everton. I don't know what it is.

We have been taken to a higher level of consciousness. Everton is truly in your blood.

I was chosen by my dad

My dad was chosen by my grandad

I don't love everton. That's an emotion I have for my wife and my family and close friends. It's something different with everton. I don't know what it is.

It's a funny feeling isn't it, love isn't the right word, it's sort of engrained in your soul. You can leave your wife, fall out with your family and cut them out your life but Everton are just a constant. At times of your life you don't want to be a part of it, falling out of love is the wrong phrase, you don't want to be a part of it but no matter what you just are. It's there all the time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. It's insude you snd it runs through your blood whether you want it to or not.

The closest thing I can put to it is like a terminal disease that there is no cure for.

Addiction....

Everton is a drug. I need it. If I miss my hit for whatever reason, I scrabble around trying to make up for it. If I get fed up, I try and put it down but always end up coming back.

I don't love Everton. I'm an addict.

Edited by Matt

I became an Everton supporter in about 1943 aged 7. As there was no football during the war I had to survive on stories of pre-war games told by older lads and my Grandad. (My Dad was a Liverpool supporter). Saw my first game in the first season after the war when I was 10 and was hooked. That was 69 years ago and I'm still hooked. My legacy is that my grandson who is 16 and lives in Nottingham is also an Everton supporter and my son takes him all over the country watching Everton.

They did Swansea away and Southampton last week, as well as home games. I have to make do with TV these days.

My grandad was 7 when the leagues started, if he saw his first Everton game aged 10 that would have been in 1891. He wouldn't have gone to see Everton on a regular basis as he played football. His clubs were: Valkyrie FC, Old Xaverians and I think he had a spell with Marine FC.

Edited by johnh

I became an Everton supporter in about 1943 aged 7. As there was no football during the war I had to survive on stories of pre-war games told by older lads and my Grandad. (My Dad was a Liverpool supporter). Saw my first game in the first season after the war when I was 10 and was hooked. That was 69 years ago and I'm still hooked. My legacy is that my grandson who is 16 and lives in Nottingham is also an Everton supporter and my son takes him all over the country watching Everton.

They did Swansea away and Southampton last week, as well as home games. I have to make do with TV these days.

My grandad was 7 when the leagues started, if he saw his first Everton game aged 10 that would have been in 1891. He wouldn't have gone to see Everton on a regular basis as he played football. His clubs were: Valkyrie FC, Old Xaverians and I think he had a spell with Marine FC.

So i'm not the oldest on this forum. :jump for joy: In 1943 i was only four and got shipped off to Anglesey with a label pinned on my coat, along with hundreds of other Kids.

So i'm not the oldest on this forum. :jump for joy: In 1943 i was only four and got shipped off to Anglesey with a label pinned on my coat, along with hundreds of other Kids.

Bill, we got shipped to Bangor but only stayed there a short while. We returned to Liverpool just in time for the blitz! Never found out what that was all about. Returning to Liverpool - not the blitz I mean.

Without being patronising John, when did you start to use a computer? My mum is 63 and she just can't handle it.

You've seen way too many good everton teams in your life.

My Dads 80 next month my boys were messing on Siri on my phone a while back and he said to me " is that some fella they just pay to sit there answering questions all day" :rofl: I still burst out laughing every time I think about it.

I would, sorry mate I'm not disagreeing with your post it's really a belta post but I want us bought out, I want us to be winning titles, champions leagues, buying the very best players etc. i don't care how we get it I want success for the club.

Sell the team's soul to the devil? No way! Prove to the world that it can be done the right way. We don't need to be some selfish billionaire's plaything.

I feel humbled listening to the older lads on here and I feel proud of what we are as a club as mentioned on the original post. I was 9 or so when my stepdad took me to my first game against Southampton. We won 6-1 lineker hatrick. Boom that was it. The quote bill kenwright so eloquently put it sums us up to a tee. However last season killed me. We were so bad I couldn't be arsed watching us and I've never ever felt like that before. Southampton game has inspired me and I want us to keep stones whatever the price and build our team up. Stones,Galloway,browning,garbutt,holgate,McCarthy,Barkley,ledson,besic,Delafou,lukaku is a start. Please please please let's build a team my 5 year old can see grow and tell the stories I do now

This is only my second season supporting Everton. It might still be young love, but I'm head over heals for this club.

This is really remarkable. Cheers.

This is only my second season supporting the club. If I ever have a grandson or daughter, I hope they love Everton too.

The thing I've found along my travels is I'm always asked "why everton" I honestly say I crossed paths with the club because of Timmy Cahill and then my sister somehow married a bloke whose family is also Evertonians. However when I talk to a lot of people about football, your arsenal, chelsea, United even Tottenham fans these days couldn't even tell you the last starting XI , yet claim to be a fan. But when I speak to some of the Evertonians of generations before me, it's truly inspiring the impact this club has had on their lives. As mentioned before, I wouldn't trade any part of our clubs character for success, I'm proud of this club, although sometimes frustrated I will always love it!