IGNORED

Why I love Everton

jofanon

The thing I've found along my travels is I'm always asked "why everton" I honestly say I crossed paths with the club because of Timmy Cahill and then my sister somehow married a bloke whose family is also Evertonians. However when I talk to a lot of people about football, your arsenal, chelsea, United even Tottenham fans these days couldn't even tell you the last starting XI , yet claim to be a fan. But when I speak to some of the Evertonians of generations before me, it's truly inspiring the impact this club has had on their lives. As mentioned before, I wouldn't trade any part of our clubs character for success, I'm proud of this club, although sometimes frustrated I will always love it!

Everton really does get in your blood. I said it a while ago when I was having a burst of Everton love on here but I truly believe we have the best fans.

It's impossible to explain but I am obsessed with them - I've never known anything that can affect my mood so drastically.

I'm pretty fucking drunk but I can't keep from thinking about how much I love Everton. I want to stay up all fucking night just to get to our game against Man City tomorrow morning. I'm being dramatic but Everton has connected with me like no other team. I love this club. I love this club. Let's beat those cunts from Man City and claim our rightful place in the table.

I remember losing to man United in the cup final in 85, it hurt like mad. I was only 9, I was desperate, couldn't handle it.

That was my first experience of real pain losing a game. Up till then it was all so easy. We just didn't lose. I had been watching since the previous November. That was it.

Edited by Hafnia

Without being patronising John, when did you start to use a computer? My mum is 63 and she just can't handle it.

You've seen way too many good everton teams in your life.

Steve, sorry I missed this post. I started with computers in 1967 (mainframes) so I had a head start. These days I don't bother with the technical aspects just want something that does what I want it to do!

Everton really does get in your blood. I said it a while ago when I was having a burst of Everton love on here but I truly believe we have the best fans.

It's impossible to explain but I am obsessed with them - I've never known anything that can affect my mood so drastically.

A case in point is tonight - Everton have got me feeling lower than a dwarf.

However true. Reading that John's potentially put in a transfer request feels like a kick in the ribs. Football is turning into a farse. Quicker and quicker into a game purely about money and headlines, then it is with morals and passion.

Not only am I falling out of love with Everton, ever so sightly but 'the game' itself is becoming less and less appealing.

Edited by tenaciousj

A case in point is tonight - Everton have got me feeling lower than a dwarf.

Not PC that Mark, you mean a small person :yellow CARD: :P .

I love Everton because I perversely enjoy the kind of meltdown people are having today after being on top of the world a week ago.

It's a hell of a ride.

Not PC that Mark, you mean a small person :yellow CARD: :P .

I love Everton because I perversely enjoy the kind of meltdown people are having today after being on top of the world a week ago.

It's a hell of a ride.

What I should've said was fucking dwarf :P.

Enjoy my meltdown, you bastard!

Edited by Romey 1878

Amazing how fatherhood changes your perspective. 12 months ago I would've been much more agitated than I am now. But, addicted as I am, I feel numb. More important things going on, the anger of working so late I didn't see my daughter tonight makes all this rumoured talk about Stones irrelevant.

Edited by Matt

Amazing how fatherhood changes your perspective. 12 months ago I would've been much more agitated than I am now. But, addicted as I am, I feel numb. More important things going on, the anger of working so late I didn't see my daughter tonight makes all this rumoured talk about Stones irrelevant.

Same here matt. Had a few too many pints with my friend last night who's father is about to die of cancer. He just got back from the hospital. Puts it in perspective for you.

Yep. Feeling you there.

Wait until she looks at you with tears in her eyes and says "dad has Stones really put in a transfer request" like Jake done today, you'll fucking despise them at that precise moment, trust me.

Pretty much as with everything in life it's a love hate relationship for me

I wonder if Everton was a woman would she put the bog roll on backwards and constantly turn the kettle handle the other way around (lefty) leave those infuriating hair clips that seem to breed everywhere? Probably and worse

Wait until she looks at you with tears in her eyes and says "dad has Stones really put in a transfer request" like Jake done today, you'll fucking despise them at that precise moment, trust me.

With the game going the way it is, I'm wondering if she'll even be bothered. Its not like I can take her the match every week to cover up the corruption in the game.