IGNORED

Barnsley (League Cup Away)

markjazzbassist

This has made my week guys. Great result and glad we're keeping stones. What a day!

Well, we can't say that for sure. But, it's good to know that we are saying "fuck you" to Chelsea's attempts to pry him away from us. The ball is in our court though, and Roberto, at least, isn't for lying down and taking it from the chavs. It's the intra-club dynamics that may prove the most difficult, if it is true that Stones has said he wants out. Hopefully that all gets worked out and smoothed over. Roberto reiterating what an important part Stones is of our plans moving forward was a big step towards that tonight, I think (well, I hope. It could have just pissed Stones the fuck off).

Fingers-crossed that this will all seem like a bad dream eventually.

Well, we can't say that for sure. But, it's good to know that we are saying "fuck you" to Chelsea's attempts to pry him away from us. The ball is in our court though, and Roberto, at least, isn't for lying down and taking it from the chavs. It's the intra-club dynamics that may prove the most difficult, if it is true that Stones has said he wants out. Hopefully that all gets worked out and smoothed over. Roberto reiterating what an important part Stones is of our plans moving forward was a big step towards that tonight, I think (well, I hope. It could have just pissed Stones the fuck off).

Fingers-crossed that this will all seem like a bad dream eventually.

It doesn't matter what stones wants. He has a contract. Look at Suarez, lewandowski, etc. you have to stay if they refuse to sell. He might not be happy but he will only ruin his career and he's not stupid enough to do that. He can go in the summer and by then will be worth even more and have bigger clubs than Chelsea looking for him.

Both those players and many more were professionals and kept playing well because they are a pro, and because they knew they were playing for a contract.

Edited by markjazzbassist

It doesn't matter what stones wants. He has a contract. Look at Suarez, lewandowski, etc. you have to stay if they refuse to sell. He might not be happy but he will only ruin his career and he's not stupid enough to do that. He can go in the summer and by then will be worth even more and have bigger clubs than Chelsea looking for him.

Hey man, I agree with you a million percent. That's why I used so many qualifiers and caveats, and it's why I haven't jumped to any conclusions throughout this process.

The (apparent) facts are that he's got a contract for four more years and that he's handed in a transfer request.

He's obligated to play out his contract with us, unless we do him a solid and send him on down to London. But, we are saying no to that. There are a multitude of ways this scenario can play out, though. And, everything is now going to take place internally. The only positive thing for Stones to do for his career now, however, is to play and play like he means it for Everton. Or else he could end up dropping off, never getting his dream move, and eventually playing out his remaining years of relative obscurity at Sunderland. So, hopefully, he takes this in stride and sees it as an opportunity to prove his worth. I think he will, as he's got no other way to take it.

I can't believe how different ross looks, it seems like he is finally reaching his potential.

Him and delo did a really great job, makes me excited for the rest of the season.

The difference when we have wingers is massive too, both did well today.

Edited by Parapluie

And, when I said earlier that I feel kind of bad for him regardless of the transfer request, it was this kind of disgusting stuff that I was thinking of:

https://twitter.com/sickmick123/status/636693911742885888

It all kicked off in the concourse at half time over that.

Everton fans fighting with each other over Stones and the Buffoon Union, wasn't a happy place

People with a bit of education, and an element of humanity can have varying opinions and can go about things the right way.

Unfortunately there is a neanderthal element in football support that confuses strong opinion with acting like a complete idiot in order to demonstrate how much you love the club.... well the club and the decent fans dont need you.

Do not embarass us by using foul language directed as at 21 year old who has been put in a position where he is battling with "stability vs ambition vs financial security for his family" - he is a barnsley lad who has no ties to us.

Imagine he was your son, its frankly disgusting that a highly talented kid is being expected to deal with all this, his name mentioned in the media, ex pros telling him he should do this and that. The Chelsea media machine is in the process of destroying him.

People with a bit of education, and an element of humanity can have varying opinions and can go about things the right way.

Unfortunately there is a neanderthal element in football support that confuses strong opinion with acting like a complete idiot in order to demonstrate how much you love the club.... well the club and the decent fans dont need you.

Do not embarass us by using foul language directed as at 21 year old who has been put in a position where he is battling with "stability vs ambition vs financial security for his family" - he is a barnsley lad who has no ties to us.

Imagine he was your son, its frankly disgusting that a highly talented kid is being expected to deal with all this, his name mentioned in the media, ex pros telling him he should do this and that. The Chelsea media machine is in the process of destroying him.

Spot on.

Got to say, when I was at the Bern game the majority of the away fans were fantastic, but there is a small number that simply want to be dickheads. Getting so drunk you drop your pants in the middle of the queue to start pissing for example. Or just throwing your rubbish and breaking bottles everywhere rather than just walking 20m to put it in the bin. Don't know why they have to embarrass everyone.

Glad I wasn't there in the concourse, I would've lost my shit.

Got to say, when I was at the Bern game the majority of the away fans were fantastic, but there is a small number that simply want to be dickheads. Getting so drunk you drop your pants in the middle of the queue to start pissing for example. Or just throwing your rubbish and breaking bottles everywhere rather than just walking 20m to put it in the bin. Don't know why they have to embarrass everyone.

I have learned that idiots exist - the sad reality is that these idiots actually think they are impressing other people and that others just "lack the bottle" to do something "out there" - trying to impress their equally thick mates.

Anyone been to Ladies Day at Aintree? If there was ever a word to describe a day it wouldn't be ladies day, because you would expect every female to be a lady and every male to be a gent.... I will not go again on a friday - its vile. You get 7/10 people happily having a good time - the 3/10 have to be "seen" behaving the way they want to behave, sadly they taint the day, urinating outside the toilets, being sick, fighting etc.

I'd sooner take a deck chair to bangor on dee in my jeans and t shirt and mix with people who want to enjoy a days racing.

As for fans rounding up on a kid - have a word. The majority of them would go and work in the middle east picking up danger money spending months away from their families if the opportunity presented itself. Footballers have a 12 year window of opportunity and making the wise choice is not so easy - if Stones had a career ending injury next week he would be financially secure but not for the lifestyle they become accustomed to.

I still think he should stay, but I think he needs to be afforded the time and the understanding to make the right choice.

You wouldn't have been alone!

When the Kenwright out brigade resurfaced there was a really fractious atmosphere, not helped by the score at half time either. So down in the concourse you had the scallies who booed Stones arguing with normal fans . Then the Kenwright out mob were blaming BK for the first half performance which caused more arguments which predictably led to the Kenwright out knobheads kicking off and before you knew where you were scuffles were breaking out all over the place

You wouldn't have been alone!

When the Kenwright out brigade resurfaced there was a really fractious atmosphere, not helped by the score at half time either. So down in the concourse you had the scallies who booed Stones arguing with normal fans . Then the Kenwright out mob were blaming BK for the first half performance which caused more arguments which predictably led to the Kenwright out knobheads kicking off and before you knew where you were scuffles were breaking out all over the place

Shouldn't be happening that. Great shame.

• 1 month later...

How do you fall asleep on the can for seven hours :lol:.

Having said that I went to an EFC game at Norwich probably twenty-five odd years back with a Norwich supporting mate from London. Arranged to meet him at the station after (1-1 draw) but I took a wrong turning coming out of the ground and got completely lost (drinking continuously from Liverpool Street station at around 9.00am had nothing to do with it :wacko:). Fell asleep on a park bench and got home the next day, not my finest hour but at least I didn't need the fire brigade :D.