IGNORED

Barnsley (League Cup Away)

markjazzbassist

Robles

Browning Stones Jags Barry

Besic Osman

Gerry Mirallas Naismith

Kone

I believe Oviedo is injured? If not slot him in at LB.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/08/23/galloway-injury

"Bryan Oviedo is fully fit and needs a bit of match fitness now. Hopefully we’ll see him on the pitch very soon."

expect him on the bench then....

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/08/23/galloway-injury

expect him on the bench then....

I wonder.

Recalling RM's lexiconary of fitness -- fit, fully fit, match fit, fully match fit -- we are left with no real insight into when Oviedo might play. The most worrisome words here are "hopefully" and "very soon."

It will, yes, be interesting to see whether Oviedo even makes the bench Wednesday night. I'll be surprised to see him play, even off the bench, for the next 2-3 games. Even more surprised to see him start at Barnsley. Which seems to mean Browning or Barry at LB for next few matches.

I wonder.

Recalling RM's lexiconary of fitness -- fit, fully fit, match fit, fully match fit -- we are left with no real insight into when Oviedo might play. The most worrisome words here are "hopefully" and "very soon."

It will, yes, be interesting to see whether Oviedo even makes the bench Wednesday night. I'll be surprised to see him play, even off the bench, for the next 2-3 games. Even more surprised to see him start at Barnsley. Which seems to mean Browning or Barry at LB for next few matches.

I think he'll play but only because we really have no other choice!

It's a stupid idea, I know, but might it make slightly more sense to play our top fullback, Coleman, at LB and let the young lad play at his preferred RB? Browning cannot play left back and I honestly worry about him there even against Barnsley.

To be honest, I thought the same if we've got no other option. Throwing Browning into the LB position when he's a right back reminded me of Coleman against Benfica...

Both stupid calls.

I know let's play a left back at left back. Oviedo Baby

Was assuming Oviedo not fit to play, should have said as much.

To be honest, I thought the same if we've got no other option. Throwing Browning into the LB position when he's a right back reminded me of Coleman against Benfica...

Both stupid calls.

That was a good few years ago and against seriously quality wide play from Benfica. We're not likely to see that from Barnsley.

That was a good few years ago and against seriously quality wide play from Benfica. We're not likely to see that from Barnsley.

Was just pointing out the stupidity of playing a young RB as a LB against quality opposition. I don't worry so much against Barnsley, if no one else is available.

Back to the old stomping ground ms for holgate and stones. Must win for me, we need a cup run.

Robles

Browning Stones Jags Oviedo

Besic Barkley

Gerry Osman Mirallas

Kone

Can't rotate the centre backs cause we don't have any. Besic Gerry and mirallas all need a run out.

back to the lineup real quick i've thought we have a solid bench (barring CB's) and i'm confident if only a couple starters played that we would still do well. Gerry ossie and Besic all have something to prove as does Robles.

I would leave Barkley out. Keep him fresh for Saturday.

My starting XI would be.

..................Robles...................

Browning...Jags...Stones...Baby

Gerry......Besic....Ossie.....Mirallas

..................Naismith.............

...................Kone..............

I would leave Barkley out. Keep him fresh for Saturday.

My starting XI would be.

..................Robles...................

Browning...Jags...Stones...Baby

Gerry......Besic....Ossie.....Mirallas

..................Naismith.............

...................Kone..............

agreed i like that better than my lineup. naisy does need to play more since he's on the bench now for prem matches.

If Stones is gone ......

............................ Robles .............................

Browning ..... Besic ..... Jagielka ..... Oviedo

........................... McCarthy ..........................

Deulofeu ............. Osman ............... Mirallas

................. Naismith ........ McAleny .............

Subs at 60-80 minutes -- Cleverley for Mirallas, McGeady for Deulofeu, Barry for Oviedo