IGNORED

Barnsley (League Cup Away)

markjazzbassist

It goes deeper than that. We obviously have majpr issues with our defensive coaching at Finch Farm. No organisation or leadership.

We actually look quite good going forward imho. The problem is that Barnsley's back four are playing better than our back four!

Who's Barnsley's defensive coach? That lad Roberts at the back has won everything, they clearly know how to teach defending at Oakwell. We nick all their best defenders, might as well have the coach too.

Guest rusty747

Not a single mention of Joel. Shocking goalkeeping. Every player on the field staring at him in disbelief that tells you all you need to know

Agreed. Joel just isn't up to it. Can be good but costs us too much and too often.

That was everything that is wrong with this football team in 45 minutes. Unspeakably bad defending, absolutely no creativity going forward despite having all of the ball, out fought and out thought by a League 1 club.

Barkley, Kone, McCarthy on at half time. Naismith, McGeady, Robles sold.

I'd demand Martinez's head too but I remember how unbearably shite we were under Moyes on more than one occasion in this competition.

Well Martinez..Let's see what you got then.

Let's see if you do have any balls or if you are the pussy arsed muppet most think you are. If you don't make serious changes by 55 minutes or get back into this then I think webhave our answer.

i think there'll be changes. Never seen him walk off before the half is over, especially when the opposition is on the break.

Seemed to talk to Kone and Barkley. Here's hoping.

McGeady could've set the pace...

Guest rusty747

Just seen a replay of the first goal. Stones seems to deliberately jump over the ball after the Barnsley guy shot. Conspiracy theorists will be having a field day. But Stones could definitely have cleared it. He definitely made a conscious decision to leave the ball. Why?

Edited by rusty747

I'd replace one of those with Stones (if he has indeed handed a transfer request). If the "great" John Terry can be taken off, so can Stones for not being good enough

What about Jagielka? Yeah Stones jumped over the ball but Jags missed the tackle before that, then stood completely still near post as the cross came in for the second.

Just seen a replay of the first goal. Stones seems to deliberately jump over the ball after the Barnsley guy shot. Conspiracy theorists will be having a field day. But Stones could definitely have cleared it. He definitely made a conscious decision to leave the ball. Why?

im going with either he got s call or thought he'd deflect it passed the diving keeper.

:clutching_at_straws_by_dirtypai

Edited by Matt

What about Jagielka? Yeah Stones jumped over the ball but Jags missed the tackle before that, then stood completely still near post as the cross came in for the second.

Jags hasn't (allegedly) handed in a transfer request less than a week before TDD and left us with no time to find replacements. Plus stones could have cleared that ball before Jags had to try and make that tackle. As for the 2nd, Robles came off his line tentatively like a little kitten.

Jags has been crap but Stones has other things going for him (or against him in this case)

I get the feeling you don't like Jags do you...come on admit you don't....cone on its OK, we all know ;-)

Guest rusty747

im going with either he got s call or thought he'd deflect it passed the diving keeper.

:clutching_at_straws_by_dirtypai

Fairly sure there was no call and Stones was facing forward and could have cleared the ball straight into row Z. Weird.

I'm not suggesting Stones did anything underhand but I would love to know what was going through his mind to make him leave the ball like that.

Edited by rusty747