IGNORED

Barnsley (League Cup Away)

markjazzbassist

This is precisely why we win fuck all

But your right that more than likely what we will do, I'm already regretting going tonight and I haven seen the teams yet

Do you think an injury ravaged team such as ours can make a serious cup run and stay in the prem after last seasons showing? That's why I said it. I'm all for the cup run but don't want us in the relegation battle to do it.

Do you think an injury ravaged team such as ours can make a serious cup run and stay in the prem after last seasons showing? That's why I said it. I'm all for the cup run but don't want us in the relegation battle to do it.

We are only 3 games into the season so its a bit early to be talking about relegation!

It all boils down to whether you want us to win a trophy , if the answer is yes then the best way of doing that is to take this competition seriously for a change

We are only 3 games into the season so its a bit early to be talking about relegation!

It all boils down to whether you want us to win a trophy , if the answer is yes then the best way of doing that is to take this competition seriously for a change

agreed i'd like to win. i do feel the players others have mentioned are more than capable though. if we need our starters to beat a league one side we don't have a chance to win the trophy anyways!

You almost have a catch 22 situation, plenty of players who need game-time but with a lack of match sharpness and not used to be playing with each other, they are going to struggle a bit.

I watched a bit of the Stoke Luton game last ngiht, Stoke team looked much stronger on paper but due to lack of match practice they struggled and didnt play well as a team.

Let's hope our boys can do better tonight.

Why?

We are a totally different side when we put out our strongest XI

why? because if rotation players can't beat a league one side we don't have a chance in the competition, we can't play the same XI every cup match and league match if we make a run. we'd run them to the ground, you need to rotate.

maybe not as many changes as i have made, but 3 matches in 7 days is gonna be tough with the same XI, they'll be exhausted for Spurs.

Pennington is an interesting one. He looked decent vs Leeds pre-season and was very highly regarded at Coventry - would have been their player of the year had he not just been a loanee was a Cov consensus I saw somewhere. Naturally a centre back but needs to fill out a bit so will be interesting to see how he does as a RB back-up option.

Bit of a strange move to start McGeady when he hasn't even seen bench time. Would've thought it'd be more beneficial to start Deuloreu because he's further along with his fitness.

And, oh my god, Barry isn't even on the bench. He's actually getting a rest! :o

Edited by Romey 1878

Bit of a strange move to start McGeady when he hasn't even seen bench time. Would've thought it'd be more beneficial to start Deuloreu because he's further along with his fitness.

And, oh my god, Barry isn't even on my the bench. He's actually getting a rest! :o

lol didn't even notice that! barry getting a rest, i think RM really is evolving.

just seen on sky RM interview. here's what sky says

So, John Stones does start tonight for Everton despite handing in a transfer request. We grabbed a word with Roberto Martinez, who didn’t shed too much light on the situation but spoke about how “the partnership in the centre-back is vital”. he didn't deny it when asked if Stones' head was in the right place.

but if you actually watch it he says his head is in the right place. F YOU SKY for your propaganda!

Edited by markjazzbassist

just seen on sky RM interview. here's what sky says

So, John Stones does start tonight for Everton despite handing in a transfer request. We grabbed a word with Roberto Martinez, who didn’t shed too much light on the situation but spoke about how “the partnership in the centre-back is vital”. he didn't deny it when asked if Stones' head was in the right place.

but if you actually watch it he says his head is in the right place. F YOU SKY for your propaganda!

thats what I thought!

And, oh my god, Barry isn't even on the bench. He's actually getting a rest! :o

Pits baby steps for Roberto, Barry rested and 2 wingers. Happy with Aiden starting. If were up Gerry on for Kev keep me both freshish for weekend! COYB