IGNORED

Barnsley (League Cup Away)

markjazzbassist

Do me a favour, he's actually looking like a professional football player as opposed to a fuckin passenger. Brilliant???!!! He's reverted to type. We were 2-0 down and he was strolling around, hands on hips. Completely in the back pocket of a league one centre half.

If he's on an island by himself, then what the hell is he supposed to do?

(I don't need you to answer this for me. I've seen this play out enough times on here to know how it goes. But, I couldn't not say it.)

Do me a favour, he's actually looking like a professional football player as opposed to a fuckin passenger. Brilliant???!!! He's reverted to type. We were 2-0 down and he was strolling around, hands on hips. Completely in the back pocket of a league one centre half.

amazing. He gets support from Geri and Barkley instead of AG (mostly) and he's going again. Yes, he should've done better for most of the game, but like I said before; the gap between him (Naismith too, when he was upfront on his own for 5 mins) was enormous

Barkley has changed this game almost single handedly. Geri had a scrappy start but has been great aince

It really is amazing that Naismith can't pass or run with a football, yet he's a millionaire because of it. Maybe this is why he gives so much to charity? The guilt must be unbearable.

I'm overstating it a great deal, I know!

I think you need to look at players who earn £75k a week and cost us a fuckin fortune in transfer money and just can't be arsed.

I will welcome that lads endeavour, attitude, bravery, and spirit. Leave the criticism out for an honest player, we wouldn't be in the game if it wasn't for him, he's the only one who has shown any movement up there.

Guest rusty747

Positives so far? Gerry and Ross. Ross looks great whenever Cleverley is near and offering the short pass or generating space for him. Classic case of 2+2 =6 when those 2 are playing together. Mirallas is playing like a man with a point to prove. Pennington dodn't really do anything wrong and Besic is going to be hard to drop if he carries on playing like that. Naisy has never hidden and will run himself into the ground for the cause. Lukaku looking up for it too now.

We just need to sort our shit out at the back. New 'keeper and can we have the Barnsley defensive coach please.

I think you need to look at players who earn £75k a week and cost us a fuckin fortune in transfer money and just can't be arsed.

I will welcome that lads endeavour, attitude, bravery, and spirit. Leave the criticism out for an honest player, we wouldn't be in the game if it wasn't for him, he's the only one who has shown any movement up there.

I think sometimes you just have to hold your hand up and accept when your judgement is clouded by personal rancour. You're so determined to be right about Lukaku that you're not seeing what's on the pitch. He was excellent second half, along with Geri, Barkley, Mirallas and Naismith. He scored and bullied their back line. Look further back the pitch if you want to have a go at anyone.

amazing. He gets support from Geri and Barkley instead of AG (mostly) and he's going again. Yes, he should've done better for most of the game, but like I said before; the gap between him (Naismith too, when he was upfront on his own for 5 mins) was enormous

Barkley has changed this game almost single handedly. Geri had a scrappy start but has been great aince

Absolute nonsense Matt, whatever happens you win your personal battles, he was flicking out his leg half hearted letting his defender get in front of him.

Has he got some special licence that removes any responsibility from putting in a shift? I counted at least 7 times they came at us after him failing to retain the ball, bother to challenge for it.

For 50 minutes it was the worst performance I had seen.

COYB let's get this in extra time!

EDIT: does the FA cup only get replays? why not the league cup?

It used to, pressure on the calendar due to Euro games put an end to it. FA and league cup used to get limitless replays in the past so teams would play 3/4/5 even six full games to get a winner. No shoot-outs at any stage.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/nov/21/oxford-city-alvechurch-longest-fa-cup

Absolute nonsense Matt, whatever happens you win your personal battles, he was flicking out his leg half hearted letting his defender get in front of him.

Has he got some special licence that removes any responsibility from putting in a shift? I counted at least 7 times they came at us after him failing to retain the ball, bother to challenge for it.

For 50 minutes it was the worst performance I had seen.

I'm not arguing that he wasn't poor, but he was left on his own.

Still, 2 goals after being given an opportunity. Argue that.