IGNORED

Barnsley (League Cup Away)

markjazzbassist

Disagree. Neither have been great, but they've been ok

Both not strong enough. Caught by the flight of the ball to often and switch off as it goes wider than them not just for the goals either.

Loving geri's support for lukaku. Barkley flourishing with runners making space. Hope to see them three start with Mirallas this weekend. Will be deadly on the counter.

He has had the worst 45 minutes I have seen tonight and it was inexcusable but hey if you wanna celebrate the finisher fair play. I will criticize the player. And rightly so.

He can get a pat on the back and punch in the face for tonight, explain that.

I celebrate the goal scoring match winner :P

How much has that taken out of the team for the weekend. Haven't seen anything of it yet (at work) but Everton Radio make it sounds like a real slog. Good fitness exercise for Kev, Bryan and Besic and Gerry I suppose. Not really sure Rom needed to do 120 minutes, at least Kone should be fresh.

How did TC look at the end? Strikes me as the type with a great engine.

Think stones head is else where.

I think we good do with a horrible gnarly bastard in our team.

Deulofeu man of the match,

Just listened to Rom he more or less held his hand up for first half and the team.

If Rom has any decency that champers will be with Gerry.

Guest rusty747

Barnsley deserve a lot of credit. They have tidy players, they are young, they have a game plan and they are well drilled in executing it. Can we sign their defensive coach up please. I really mean that.

Firstly, massive shout to Barnsley. Very impressed with their style of play. Also, they are the youngest team in the league? And cost all of £500k to put together? Good luck with the rest of the season.

Then us. Fuck me. Both defensively and in attack some of our decision making and communication is abysmal. We made it extra hard for ourselves tonight.

One of the pluses is that some 'fringe' players, or players who are returning from lay offs, got some real intense game time that hopefully will benefit us.

Some indifferent performances out there tonight.

Breath a sigh of relief and move on.

First off, let's pay respect to Barnsley. League 1 shows we should have a bright future in this country, I saw Sheff Utd come from 2 down against Spurs last year and scare the hell out of them, and Bradford against Chelsea was on of the all time great FA Cup team performances. Barnsley gave us a real go, played the right way, and are apparently the youngest side in the league. Very, very impressed by them. There's some seriously good players in that league, let's hope Prem clubs realise that and start using that talent instead of looking abroad all the time.

On us... defensively I don't know what to say, it's not just the Stones situation, we've been shambolic for 12 months now and it's getting really worrying. We can't progress until we sort that.

Plus side - after half time, front 5 of Geri, Barkley, Lukaku, Naismith, Mirallas were absolutely superb. Let's not pick holes, we saw some awesome football up front tonight, there is real talent there. Oh, and fair play Martinez, half time subs were inspired.

Edited by nogs

It used to, pressure on the calendar due to Euro games put an end to it. FA and league cup used to get limitless replays in the past so teams would play 3/4/5 even six full games to get a winner. No shoot-outs at any stage.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/nov/21/oxford-city-alvechurch-longest-fa-cup

thank you mike, that makes sense.

glad we got the win and seems like a galvanizing victory for the team, hopefully its the start of a great cup run!!

Apart from some of his shooting, thought Barkley was outstanding when he came. Gerry did great to, but not a lot of tracking back.

Don't know what was up with Naisy today. Usually he's running round like a headless chicken after everything, but he seemed pissed off half the time and a bit disinterested?