IGNORED

Chelsea (Home)

markjazzbassist

No wingers says to me that its a containment job with wingers coming on later later to exploit tired legs. I can see Rom out wide again, unfortunately, or at least making runs to the channels to create space for Barkley and Kone (so expect him to be labelled lazy for "not getting involved enough"). It's a sensible line up, not exactly inspiring.

Really depends on Martinez now. Will he stay stubborn or will he be dynamic.

Just read that Jose has only lost 21 of his 200 Chelsea games, drew 40 something and won 130 something. Frightening.

No wingers says to me that its a containment job with wingers coming on later later to exploit tired legs. I can see Rom out wide again, unfortunately, or at least making runs to the channels to create space for Barkley and Kone (so expect him to be labelled lazy for "not getting involved enough"). It's a sensible line up, not exactly inspiring.

Really depends on Martinez now. Will he stay stubborn or will he be dynamic.

Just read that Jose has only lost 21 of his 200 Chelsea games, drew 40 something and won 130 something. Frightening.

Sensible line up? i may be getting my knickers in a twist a bit early but was there anything sensible about Galloway/Kone against Spurs?

We have no width and will end up playing around the back again. Lukaku will have fuck all service. Just saying.

Sensible line up? i may be getting my knickers in a twist a bit early but was there anything sensible about Galloway/Kone against Spurs?

We have no width and will end up playing around the back again. Lukaku will have fuck all service. Just saying.

cant argue with that, just trying to stay optimistic :unsure:

I know you're trying to stay optimistic :-). i hope i'm so wrong but deep down i'm fuming with that line up.

I wouldve even preferred Lennon but we need to stop Fabragas and Hazard. Those two marked / harried and Costa will get frustrated and hopefully do something stupid.

The thing is this line up has the word CONTAIN all over it.

Chelsea are not at full strength and have been bad this season.

We are playing into their hands.

Go 1 down and then Roberto will bring Naismith on.

also scary because it's so likely.

They like to keep possession, but that worked well for us vs Southampton so who knows. Not expecting anything from the game, if I'm honest.