IGNORED

Chelsea (Home)

markjazzbassist

With the injury to Cleverley it looks like we'll have a change in formation. After all the Stones non-sense nothing would make me happier than beating these lot.

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Oviedo

Barry Barkley

Gerry Kone Mirallas

Lukaku

I'd like to attack them hard.

I would love that line up but it will never happen.

I predict:

Howard

Barry McCarthy

Kone Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Guest rusty747

With the injury to Cleverley it looks like we'll have a change in formation. After all the Stones non-sense nothing would make me happier than beating these lot.

Howard

Barry Barkley

Gerry Kone Mirallas

Lukaku

I'd like to attack them hard.

I like that team. The only thing I might change is Browning in at left back, Oviedo to left midfield and Mirallas moved inside in place of Kone.

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Browning

Barry Barkley

Gerry Mirallas Oviedo

Lukaku

Edited by rusty747

I like that team. The only thing I might change is Browning in at left back, Oviedo to left midfield and Mirallas moved inside in place of Kone.

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Browning

Barry Barkley

Gerry Mirallas Oviedo

Lukaku

Crazy to even consider dropping Kone for me. He was the best outfield player on Saturday and his confidence must be at an all time high (Everton career wise). Has to stay in the team.

Crazy to even consider dropping Kone for me. He was the best outfield player on Saturday and his confidence must be at an all time high (Everton career wise). Has to stay in the team.

agreed he's one of the only ones out there giving it a go. first name on the team sheet for me. glad he's changed opinions and recovered from the injury :)

Guest rusty747

agreed he's one of the only ones out there giving it a go. first name on the team sheet for me. glad he's changed opinions and recovered from the injury :)

I agree about his performance and confidence but could see him coming on as a sub after about 60 minutes and bagging a couple of goals.

Given how poor Chelsea' defense in general and Ivanovic in particular we have to start with Mirallas and Gerry. Kone has been great so he cant be dropped so I would go.

Howard

Coleman, Stones, Jags, Oviedo

McCarthy Barkley

Gerry Mirallas Kone

Lukaku

I would have all 3 swapping roles, but basically have Gerry or Mirallas rip them a new one, or preferably several new ones on the way to giving Chelsea a hiding.

But this wont happen, so it will be:

Howard

Coleman, Stones, Jags, Oviedo

McCarthy Barry

Kone Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

I hope we go out and absolutely maul them. This whole Stones saga has rocketed the plastics up to my most hated fans.

If ever there were a game I would again fly across the world to get to Goodison for it'd be this one. I felt the same about the time Moyes and United came back to Goodison in Martinez' first season, and we wiped the floor with them that day. You scousers best have the ground bouncing that day! I reckon I'll wake my whole street at 3.30am when I roar at Mirallas double footing Terry at 3-0 up :rofl:

Chelsea really couldn't cope with pace of Citeh last week so we have to play lennon and Deulofeu if we want anything out of the game. If not we'll just be pedestrian like we were against Spurs and lose 0-1.

I'd go with

Back 7 as usual

Lennon Mirallas Geri

Kone

Then bring Rom on at 60 mins after those four have worn their defence and midfield out for Kone, Ross on for either Kev or Geri, whoever is flagging at 75m Or double sub at 60 for Geri.

Edited by Matt

Chelsea have conceded at least 2 goals in each game this season so far, with mourinho pushing the blame on the slowing terry. I think we should take advantage and punish them with a rapid counter attacking team rather than play our usual possession play.

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Barry

Besic* Barkley McCarthy Deulofeu

Lukaku Mirallas

*besic to man mark hazard and also to play long passes on the ground through to the attacking three. If he's got hazard covered this will open up Coleman to get forward too.

Barry has the experience to shut out Pedro.

Mccarthy to shift left and Mirallas to the right allowing Deulofeu the freedom to push forward and stop Chelsea from getting compact.

Lukaku, Mirallas and Deulofeu to keep running at the back four. Barkley and besic to bring the ball forward from deep when possible to get matic out of position.

Lennon won't even be close to being match fit so it'd be a bit mad to start him... nailed on he will then :lol:.

Did he end up getting time with the U-21's? I know it was talked about but maybe never came to fruition. Either way, you're right and I still expect to see him in some capacity against Chelsea.

Did he end up getting time with the U-21's? I know it was talked about but maybe never came to fruition. Either way, you're right and I still expect to see him in some capacity against Chelsea.

He was training with them, I have no idea if he actually played any games during that time.

Strikes me as a player who wouldn't struggle with his fitness.

One of those annoying bastards whose naturally fit and trim.

His overall fitness will be fine, but his match fitness will be non-existent so I wouldn't want him facing Chelsea even if they are in terrible form.

so - after the international break we have some pretty good positives.

1. Besic is banned from playing which will keep him fresh

2. Lukaku and Mirallas have been dropped - hopefully this is a wake up call after very lack lustre displays.

3. Barkley is getting plaudits which should result in confidence.