IGNORED

Chelsea (Home)

markjazzbassist

Stones, Barry, Naismith, Barkley all brilliant.

That's the 2nd time Everton and Roberto have totally made me look like a whinging dick before kick off.

will happily carry on if it means putting in performances like that.

Good weekend a head.

In your defence, I still think a midfield three of Besic, McCarthy and Barry was ridiculous at home. Playing Naismith as part of a front 3 with Ross pulling strings in midfield was hardly planned!

Missed the match. Absolutely gutted cause it sounded a brilliant performance. The way Chelsea pursued Stones probably gave our players that extra bit of incentive to win it. Bench looked strong today as well, best it's been for a few years. How was Mori when he came on? Do we think he could potentially become a regular?

Missed the match. Absolutely gutted cause it sounded a brilliant performance. The way Chelsea pursued Stones probably gave our players that extra bit of incentive to win it. Bench looked strong today as well, best it's been for a few years. How was Mori when he came on? Do we think he could potentially become a regular?

He wasn't on long enough to truly judge but he certainly didn't look out of place or overawed.

Mori looked strong in the air and decent with the ball at his feet. Didn't have to do any 1 on 1 defending though

Great game a nervous wreck for the most part until Naisy got his third all of the lads deserve a massive pat on the for today a proper team performance

I bottled it on eighty-one minutes and went upstairs for a shave, barely plugged the thing in when my lad's somewhat jubilant screams brought me back down sharpish :D. Said it a hundred times but one goal up is the most nerve shredding score, specially in such a big game; only when I'm watching on the TV though, if I'm in the ground I'm fine. It's like you feel you can have some sort of influence on the game (which of course, collectively as the crowd, you can).

In your defence, I still think a midfield three of Besic, McCarthy and Barry was ridiculous at home. Playing Naismith as part of a front 3 with Ross pulling strings in midfield was hardly planned!

Naismith coming on was a bit of of luck. You're with me then, that starting line wasn't the best and who knows what might have played out if Besic didn't get injured.

I still want to see at least 1 natural wideman in future line ups.

Geth was 12 or so minutes but headed out a couple corners against costa and the like and wow can he jump. Massive leap on him. Had one really nice run where he took the ball from our third and moved it past a couple Chelsea players into their third and put a pass through to an attacker. Was very stones esque with that. Comfortable on the ball.

Naismith coming on was a bit of of luck. You're with me then, that starting line wasn't the best and who knows what might have played out if Besic didn't get injured.

I still want to see at least 1 natural wideman in future line ups.

Completely with you. I see Besic, Barry and McCarthy as three of a type, I really don't think you can play all of them in midfield and expect to create anything. I want to see Mirallas, Geri and Lennon on the pitch too, but at least with Barkley in midfield with Barry and McCarthy there's a creative link, and you've got to say it's working.You can't argue with Kone and Naismith right now, the wide men will just have to wait their chance.

Decided to celebrate at the L'Arpege 5-star restaurant in the city. The lobster frattata was a tad too delicate, but the Wagyu steak was perfectly rare. Sadly, the wine disappeared too quickly. The accented waiter looked too much like Mourinho, so the '91 Burgundy - oak with a hint of liquorice and blackberry - found its way to his smarmy face.

Mourinho's quote in the Sunday Times:

'The biggest concern is everything is going against us. We know we are making mistakes. Every mistake we are punished. We deserved a better result. We played for a better result and we don't deserve this result. It is too heavy for the way the players start the game, finished the game and play the game..................but I think the players deserved a much better result.'

I think I prefer 'Arry Redknapps view.

I'm still in shock, to be honest. Fucking Naisy - that little bloke is pure magic - nothing more to be said. I've said this before- this team is FULL of fucking ultra-talented players - they just have to learn to how to utilize and harness that talent. Confidence doesn't hurt either, and at the moment it is pumping at full bore!!! What a difference from the start of last year, and if you told me last winter that EFC was going to shred Chelsea in match 5 of next season, I'd laugh in your face.

What a time to be an Everton fan - let's just hope this trend continues. Lads if you're reading this, CONGATS on a stunning performance and keep those heads up high - you are a stunning team at the moment. Also congrats to Roberto and the coaching staff.

(I called the score for this match - I fucking knew this was gonna happen!!) :)

COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No arguments from me mate! Always backed our naisy! Just not as a winger!

Exactly. Moyes used him as a winger and he was ineffective at best. When Martinez used him as a winger last season the whole team looked unbalanced (same too when Barkley was used there). People aren't questioning his worth just how he's used. Yesterday was perfect for him. Sadly there are plenty more examples of where he's been misused.

As always, whether you agree with him or not.

Not the sort of post you want to hit the wrong key on and lose though, I'd do it on wordpad and then copy/paste if it was me.

I almost had a heart attack on one a few weeks ago. It all froze just as I got to the end and I thought I'd lost it all. But the auto save feature came to my rescue!