IGNORED

Manchester United (Home)

markjazzbassist

Don't forget there's an international break now so United will have plenty of time to put the defeat out of their mind.

But it should mean we'll have more or less a full squad to pick from.

Yeah the OS said baines might be back by then as well. He Coleman and stones and we're almost full strength just cleverley out and garbutt.

Agreed what I player. I actually like him at LB. Looks a natural

I prefer him at the moment at LB than CB because:

a) he has no place at CB with Jags, Stones and Mori battling for a starting berth

B) he looks weak if he had to battle physical strikers, and

c) mainly because he is doing great at LB.

I would say Baines has to earn his spot back, because Galloway is only going to improve and his pace and stamina are super valuable. Time to retry the experiment of Baines to CM against weak opposition?

Dropping Galloway will be extremely harsh.

Never said is drop him just that baines would be back. Once baines is in top form I would offer to send Galloway on loan (with chance to recall if we need him) to championship or lower prem side, that way he would still be getting first team minutes.

He's great defensively no doubt but he can't attack and link up like baines and that is integral to our style of play. A fully healthy baines I would take, but until then you're right mike play the youngster.

Coleman on the other hand comes back and slots in immediately, browning did fine but he is no rb. Stones I'm not sure about, Mori is doing decent but John is a class above I believe, he probably goes right back in.

I prefer him at the moment at LB than CB because:

a) he has no place at CB with Jags, Stones and Mori battling for a starting berth

c) mainly because he is doing great at LB.

I would say Baines has to earn his spot back, because Galloway is only going to improve and his pace and stamina are super valuable. Time to retry the experiment of Baines to CM against weak opposition?

If you live on another planet - yes

While it's true that he appears weak because of his frame, he's been winning physical battles up and down the pitch. Some of his best assets are his tenacity, strength and use of his body.

Seeing him outmuscle players constantly, when he looks like a string bean, means that I'm extremely optimistic about his future at CB.

Right now, though, I don't think we should be in any hurry to rush Baines back. Galloway is handling his defensive duties really well, and he isn't dragging down our overall level of play. We've also barely been conceding any goals lately, and they certainly haven't been coming from anyone attacking our left side. So, let's just let Baines heal fully.

I'm not saying Crouch is strong, but you still have to deal with him physically and he's very awkward, but Stones had no trouble with him whatsoever.

I got your point! Crouch is a bloody awkward centre forward. Stones will be world class. He uses all of his attributes well.

If you live on another planet - yes

What would you do to fit in both an aging Baines (but still with a smooth left foot and notable influence on the game) and Galloway who is now superb at LB but faces strong competition from Jags, Stones and Mori who looks like he will start when Jags is gone?

Neither is a LW, one lacks the pace and the other lacks the touch and quality, and both are extremely valuable players.

What would you do to fit in both an aging Baines (but still with a smooth left foot and notable influence on the game) and Galloway who is now superb at LB but faces strong competition from Jags, Stones and Mori who looks like he will start when Jags is gone?

Neither is a LW, one lacks the pace and the other lacks the touch and quality, and both are extremely valuable players.

Galloway needs to push Baines out the side... Anyway that spots Garbutts IMO. Galloway is 19 he'll be happy to "wait & rotate" if he becomes "that" good he'll play anyway. He's a better defender than Garbutt but he's not a better footballer. It's good to have this sort of competition.

good thing we then turn into chelsea and start buying talent and having other teams loan them and pay their wages to groom them to either be in our first team or be sold for a profit. non issue for me.