IGNORED

Manchester United (Home)

markjazzbassist

The only reason I'm still watching is to see how deulofeu gets on as he is the only one who looks like he is capable of assisting any goals. Boring performance, Naismith probably the worst performance I've seen in a blue shirt, Coleman not far behind, apparently he's forgotten how to defend, jagielka and Stones want to be midfielders. Lukaku probably motm for me as his hold up play has been alright. Time to forget about this one and move on. Arsenal next, can't see us getting anything out of that however we have been well on the road. Gutted I genuinely thought we could beat United who this season have been bland but effective.

When Martinez going to wake up to the fact that you cannot tolerate these kinds of defensive performances in top flight footbsll? Its like he doesnt care. This is all down to poor preparation, Coleman and Stones come into the back four after injury and it all falls apart. Shite like this undermines a decent start to the season.

matches like this where i wonder what purpose mccarthy and barry serve. no defensive help, shredded by uniteds midfield and offered nothing in attack to where ross was dropping farther back than barry due to he and james not offering anything there.

try a different formation RM, get subs on earlier. FFS do something.

Really dismayed with Roberto today. Set us up for failure, saw which way the game was going, and did nothing to change the way we were set up. Also, he needs to do a better job of getting the team up for it mentally. Comfort and confidence is great, but we don't seem to look hungry enough until we've had our asses handed to us.

Had three according to the BBC stats, out of eleven in total.(United had seven from ten).

I don't think the result is an accurate reflection of the game personally.

Neither was the derby. 1 point from two home games is the only stat that matters.

Apart from Lukaku no one was arsed or showed any desire.

Embarrassing. And today of all days. The manager and players should be ashamed. I'm furious.

My sentiments exactly

It was a completely gutless performance. United never had to get out of first gear and they still totally outclassed, outthought and outfought us. I seriously doubt they will get an easier 3 points all season

I thought today was the ideal chance to change the formation and give United some problems. Either in a 4-3-3 with Ross McCarthy and Barry in the midfield or play a 4-4-2. We have no left side attacking wise and it leaves us so unbalanced. That's why we went back to pissing about with it at the back again because everybody was coming inside. That's fine if Baines was playing as he can bomb on but Galloway doesn't. Mirrallas needs a run and I'd play him and Gerry against arsenal in a 4-4-2. Drop Barry and play Ross alongside McCarthy. Let's hope this was a one off

I love these hindsight quotes! Nearly everyone one on here would have made the same call

I'd go with form and match fitness over experience. One of my main moans about moyes if you see look at my old posts.

Massive slap in the face to the players filling in initially, but earned their place to stay. Swap for tactics fair enough, but it stinks of favourites for me.

Guest rusty747

Jags, Stones and Barkley all looked like they were carrying hangovers from the international break. I love Nais but I'm surprised he lasted until half time. Could have been subbed after 20 minutes. Howard not directly to blame for any of the goals but a quality keeper would have got a lot closer, not fallen over too soon on the 1v1 and probably have kept us in the game. Barry wass well off the pace, Lennon tracked back well but didn't offer a great deal going forward. The only person who comes out of this with his reputation improved is big Rom. Deserved a goal today. Martinez needs to look at his tactics. We need a left winger.

Jags, Stones and Barkley all looked like they were carrying hangovers from the international break. I love Nais but I'm surprised he lasted until half time. Could have been subbed after 20 minutes. Howard not directly to blame for any of the goals but a quality keeper would have got a lot closer, not fallen over too soon on the 1v1 and probably have kept us in the game. Barry wass well off the pace, Lennon tracked back well but didn't offer a great deal going forward. The only person who comes out of this with his reputation improved is big Rom. Deserved a goal today. Martinez needs to look at his tactics. We need a left winger.

Or play Mirallas for more than 30 seconds