IGNORED

Tim Howard

Is it me or does anybody else find it slightly bizarre that TH is a commentator in the BPL? In the states, he did the West Ham/Man U match yesterday on MSNBC (along with Arlo White). It's just, I dunno, weird. The other annoying aspect is that I don't want to hear a yank calling any BPL games - I hear enough of people every day of my life - Brits need to call the matches! I love the guy, but just stick to saving goals.

Whats the issue? He's not fit to play, why can't he get a feel for a future profession? Managers act as pundits all the time, why should a player be any different? Plus, its more exposure to potential fans in the US for Everton. Really don't see any problems with this at all.

Whats the issue? He's not fit to play, why can't he get a feel for a future profession? Managers act as pundits all the time, why should a player be any different? Plus, its more exposure to potential fans in the US for Everton. Really don't see any problems with this at all.

Like I said, as a yank I don't want to hear Amercians calling the matches. Don't care who it is. Its British teams, a British league, and I want to hear the bloody Brits do it themselves, dammit!!

The other weirdness is he needs to "tapdance" when the discussion turns to Everton, and especially the Derby. Its fucking weird. What can the guy say honestly when its turns to Everton?

If Hazard was calling the match and the discussion turned to Chelsea, then it would be equally as strange. Even my kids noticed it and my son asked why is Tim Howard announcing?

I guess some people don't give a shit, but I am not one them unfortunately.

Like I said, as a yank I don't want to hear Amercians calling the matches. Don't care who it is. Its British teams, a British league, and I want to hear the bloody Brits do it themselves, dammit!!

The other weirdness is he needs to "tapdance" when the discussion turns to Everton, and especially the Derby. Its fucking weird. What can the guy say honestly when its turns to Everton?

If Hazard was calling the match and the discussion turned to Chelsea, then it would be equally as strange. Even my kids noticed it and my son asked why is Tim Howard announcing?

I guess some people don't give a shit, but I am not one them unfortunately.

English mate, not British (Swansea aside) ;)

I don't mind Americans commentating on the games. I get MLS occasionally and its interesting for me to hear the different approaches.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

His whole attitude about this has stunk of arrogance. I hope he doesn't get picked for the US again.

i hope he doesn't as well. i think he might get picked and be on the bench, but i don't see his form being any different/better than guzan or our younger guys.

on a side note if he does get dropped from USA team maybe he'll play better for everton?? we can hope can't we.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Hmm he actually says after speaking with the manager he is going to make himself available again.... Am I missing something?

It's almost as bad as Lukaku talking to the press haha.

he took a sabbatical from the US team. the sabbatical is over and he's ready to come back. before the sabbatical he was a hero from the WC, now he is past it and still thinks he can waltz into the US team. well see what happens.