IGNORED

Tim Howard

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/study-stats-before-criticising-says-10454920

another article where Tim comes across as being completely arrogant.... is he not aware that Robles has performed well on a number of occassions where he has stood in for Tim? He is not the only keeper at the club, he ain't QB1 and this ain't america, so he can stop talking like some high school Jock.

How dare he say “With all due respect, the criticism from fans and media doesn’t mean anything,” what annoys me is that there is "no due respect" in that comment - he has made some really poor mistakes this season and he has the audacity to tell us to compare him to other keepers?

I have backed Tim for some time but really he can get stuffed. He has got away with criticism for some soft important goals (lampards in the fa cup final was one). He is on think ice so he best just keep his mouth shut as the fans will let him know what they think.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/study-stats-before-criticising-says-10454920

another article where Tim comes across as being completely arrogant.... is he not aware that Robles has performed well on a number of occassions where he has stood in for Tim? He is not the only keeper at the club, he ain't QB1 and this ain't america, so he can stop talking like some high school Jock.

How dare he say “With all due respect, the criticism from fans and media doesn’t mean anything,” what annoys me is that there is "no due respect" in that comment - he has made some really poor mistakes this season and he has the audacity to tell us to compare him to other keepers?

I have backed Tim for some time but really he can get stuffed. He has got away with criticism for some soft important goals (lampards in the fa cup final was one). He is on think ice so he best just keep his mouth shut as the fans will let him know what they think.

He's getting to the point where all his years of hard work and good service will only be remembered for being an arrogant arse.

He has made mistakes, it has cost us goals, a real man will admit his mistakes and try to rectify them. Yes, he still pulls off a worldy every now and then but his general goalkeeping is poor. Can't control his area, flaps at crosses and star fishes into 1 on 1's.

Brilliant servant, who can't accept that his time is nearly up.

He's getting to the point where all his years of hard work and good service will only be remembered for being an arrogant arse.

He has made mistakes, it has cost us goals, a real man will admit his mistakes and try to rectify them. Yes, he still pulls off a worldy every now and then but his general goalkeeping is poor. Can't control his area, flaps at crosses and star fishes into 1 on 1's.

Brilliant servant, who can't accept that his time is nearly up.

I think it would be interesting to see how he behaves around finch farm and the dressing room - something tells me that he is OTT and irritating. Like a goal keeping version of Phil Neville.

You ain't impressing or fooling anyone Tim. Many of us were fortunate enough to see Neville Southall in his prime - and we witnessed his decline, we also got to see Nigel martyn too, both were far better than you could ever dream of being.

Everton fans have a very good idea as to "what good looks like" in goal - we also know what a keeper on his decline looks like. You are on the decline - there is a young lad waiting in the wings who is far more agile than you, be a good lad and help him through rather than spouting this nonsense.

Embarrassing.

• 2 weeks later...

Deary me Tim, the correct response should have been:-

"our away support has been excellent and you can see how much it meant to the fans after we got out of jail having lost a 2 goal lead. It would be wrong to blame the fans as we should have wrapped the game up and they have travelled a long way to be let down by that second half performance"

Oh dear. This from the man who absolves himself of all blame even when he's fucked up? Can't wait til this clown is gone.

I have gone from being a big admirer of his to disliking everything about him. From what I can gather most of the fans are starting to feel the same. On twitter I get the feeling Big Nev ain't a fan.

Maybe this statement: "When I came, the cloud that hangs over this club with Neville Southall was apparent" to which he followed by saying he's a legend blah blah blah and finishing on "its a good marker to have a character like that" by making us think that he believes he can aspire to reach those sorts of levels.....

Dear Mr Howard - you having Neville "cloud hanging over club" Southall as a marker is like Darron Gibson coming out and saying "when I first came to the club the name Alan Ball was still lingering, I hope a few good performances will put me in a similar standing"....

Howard is an average keeper who has had the odd good game and a good smattering of costly mistakes. Maybe we shoul;d send him a tape of the 1995 fa cup final, the save from Mark Falcao in 84/85, the save from a John Barnes volley from 10 yards. Thats should put the "cloud" into perspective.

In the hall of goalkeeping fame at Goodison, Howard's name is way down the list. I think the big problem was the World Cup where he happened to make a couple of good saves. He was then idolised in the States which gave him an unrealistic sense of of both his abilities and his importance. The situation is not helped by Roberto who seems to pencil his name in first on every team sheet. On a couple of occasions this season, he should have been dropped. It might have brought him back to earth and improved his performance.

Guest rusty747

The three goals he conceded at Bournemouth may not have been howlers but a top class keeper would have had his back four better organised - particularly with the third goal.

As I write this, we are 11th, with a game in hand on most teams above us. If we had won at Bournemouth we would have been sixth, with a game in hand on all the teams above us.

We need Butland in January and we should break the bank to get him.

The three goals he conceded at Bournemouth may not have been howlers but a top class keeper would have had his back four better organised - particularly with the third goal.

As I write this, we are 11th, with a game in hand on most teams above us. If we had won at Bournemouth we would have been sixth, with a game in hand on all the teams above us.

We need Butland in January and we should break the bank to get him.

Even though you've never mentioned him before now I get the impression you rate Butland quite highly... ;).

Guest rusty747

Butland is young, big, agile, a leader and English. The confidence he would bring to our back four would be worth 10 points a season. And thats the difference between 7th and Champions league.

Guest rusty747

So why not Robles?

Well, on current form he is better than Howard, I agree. But I just dont see him as a Southall or a West. I really think Butland could be something special for Everton for a decade or so.

Well, on current form he is better than Howard, I agree. But I just dont see him as a Southall or a West. I really think Butland could be something special for Everton for a decade or so.

Rust butland is 23 and Stoke will want £18-20 mill. We will not pay that. Granted I rate him just as highly as you and was astounded we didn't get him from Birmingham for £2.5 mill. The ship has sailed and if de gea goes he will go there or Spurs who have dough. I would rather sign a kid like Bentley from Southend and let their be genuine competiton with him and Robles for years