IGNORED

Tim Howard

But didn't he say ye is making himself available for selection....I just don't see that as him doing anything wrong.

he didn't do anything wrong you're right. he talked to the coach, took a sabbatical, and is now done with said sabbatical. you're also right that he said he's available for selection. i'm saying that doesn't mean anything (being available for selection) because his club form hasn't been great, and guzan is 6 years younger and the more likely of the 2 to be playing at the 2018 WC when howard would be 40/41 years of age. Some think he'll waltz back into the first spot, i highly doubt it though. Juergen is not like that, Donovan left of the WC for his sabbatical, i don't think he'd favor tim here.

Yeah, Guzan just showed why he got dropped by Villa last season.

Yes and no for me: back 4 more to blame. Howard's form is poor and Rimando is average. For me it's either stick with Guzan and let him get it under control or go with the hottest young guy and let them play through to 2018. Keepers need time to get acclimated.

Maybe Howard gets 1 friendly send off goodbye match. Would be nice.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Yes and no for me: back 4 more to blame. Howard's form is poor and Rimando is average. For me it's either stick with Guzan and let him get it under control or go with the hottest young guy and let them play through to 2018. Keepers need time to get acclimated.

Maybe Howard gets 1 friendly send off goodbye match. Would be nice.

Howard has always been good for the Nats irregardless of form. And yeah, maybe the back four is more to blame, but there is still blame on Guzan as well.

I will say that I don't like how Howard took a sabbatical. Klinsmann better show some consistency and make him work his way back like Donovan.

I still think Guzan should remain number 1, but he's just an average keeper to me.

Howard comes back in if Jurgen isn't a dildo about his sabbatical. And when he comes back in he continues to start, because he's the best the U.S. has. He's not perfect, like many of my fellow Americans tend to think. But, he gets more flack than he deserves from Everton fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. He was truly dismal last year and some people thought we'd been harsh on him.

On his own, as the goal keeper, he cost us 12 (?) Points roughly. IMO.

(In Martinez' voice) Tim could've cost us many more points, but sometimes after losing his head and gifting a chance or doing a star jump the striker was poor and missed the target. So there's definitely room for improvement if the strikers can hit the target next season.

• 3 weeks later...

There's another 3 points he has cost us. How the fuck does he get beat at that angle at his near post then gets lobbed in his 6 yard box.

Please nobody post he'd had a good game other than that though, please spare me that line guys.

Why are players allowed to shoot at him from 6 yards out.... Not looking to have a Barney with you here Paddock but your way off here.

Why are players allowed to shoot at him from 6 yards out.... Not looking to have a Barney with you here Paddock but your way off here.

Did you go MC, you must have seen the angle better than me from the Park End, he should never of let that in. Players are going to get shots in it's what he's there to stop ghem. Woeful keeping MC absolutely woeful. Kolorov ran right past me after the goal with Sterling he was laughing his head off and looked like he'd just won the lottery.

First goal was both poor defending with Howard also showing poor keeping. Second goal was again poor defending. Some of our defenders had some really sloppy moments today and Howard bailed them out in some of those moments. I honestly think that some on here are just going to blame the goalkeeper regardless, so I don't pay attention to them.

Did you go MC, you must have seen the angle better than me from the Park End, he should never of let that in. Players are going to get shots in it's what he's there to stop ghem. Woeful keeping MC absolutely woeful. Kolorov ran right past me after the goal with Sterling he was laughing his head off and looked like he'd just won the lottery.

I was in the top balcony mate next to the park end so I had a very good view of both goals. Any chance to shoot at such close distance is 9/10 going to result in a goal.

I was in the top balcony mate next to the park end so I had a very good view of both goals. Any chance to shoot at such close distance is 9/10 going to result in a goal.

I watched it at home and the cameras zoomed, paused, etc, showed the positions of other players (stones let sterling get the ball away too easy)

The analysis was that it was clever by kolorov, gave the eyes for the cut back and made Howard look daft.

Funny enough my mate text me who was sat in park end to ask if Howard was at fault.

I've only just watched a replay of their first... It was horrific in all honesty. But he also made some brilliant saves to give us a chance of rescuing the game.

So I'm left wanting to feed him some really nice ice cream with a spoon and then wanting to beat him to death with that spoon :lol:.

I would love a courtois or neuer, the reality is we have a mid level keeper who isvery experienced.

I actually think Howard has lost a few pounds and seemed more agile. His general performance was solid. Just gets the stick for the goals.

I've only just watched a replay of their first... It was horrific in all honesty. But he also made some brilliant saves to give us a chance of rescuing the game.

So I'm left wanting to feed him some really nice ice cream with a spoon and then wanting to beat him to death with that spoon :lol:.

A premier league keeper should not let a goal in like that, it's so infuriating because up till then I'm thinking "these are having a mare in front of goal today" and " Howards having an excellent game he's been solid" and he does that. It nullifies all the good work he's done up to that point. We lose because of his misake. He may as well of saved that and let a more difficult chance in, same outcome. A top keeper gets MotM today there and stays solid.

Every fucking time at his near post.

A premier league keeper should not let a goal in like that, it's so infuriating because up till then I'm thinking "these are having a mare in front of goal today" and " Howards having an excellent game he's been solid" and he does that. It nullifies all the good work he's done up to that point. We lose because of his misake. He may as well of saved that and let a more difficult chance in, same outcome. A top keeper gets MotM today there and stays solid.

Every fucking time at his near post.

So Courtois and De Gea keep a clean sheet today, but no other Premier League keeper would. Don't go spouting that Tim Krul or Begovic are world class keepers and that Howard is no better than Iain Turner or Dick Wright.

No they don't MC from right in front of goal maybe or the ball deflects to their player and he is caught flat footed but the ball is worked down that side he is set for the shot at his near post he knows it's coming. You could just about slide a corner flag between Howard and his near post and a ball gets past him. It defies fucking physics that ball gets past him. Alls he has to do is stand still and it hits him.

So Courtois and De Gea keep a clean sheet today, but no other Premier League keeper would. Don't go spouting that Tim Krul or Begovic are world class keepers and that Howard is no better than Iain Turner or Dick Wright.

He had to deal with a big work load today,

sometimes you just need to accept that there is a special role for the likes of Howard, osman, naismith, kone, Barkley, mcgeady - it's that when they do something that isn't great, they get shafted more than the average player.

What the fuck are you talking about? Where did I say Courtois or De Gea would have saved it? I said a world class keeper keeps a clean sheet and they do because they don't get beat like a teat at their near post ALL THE TIME. Why are you tslking about Krul or Begovic you're talking nonessnse.

The point I'm making is if we had a better keeper that gets saved today and it's a different game. Howard makes 10 or more of these a season. We need a new keeper and have done for 3 years now, probably more.

What the fuck are you talking about? Where did I say Courtois or De Gea would have saved it? I said a world class keeper keeps a clean sheet and they do because they don't get beat like a teat at their near post ALL THE TIME. Why are you tslking about Krul or Begovic you're talking nonessnse.

The point I'm making is if we had a better keeper that gets saved today and it's a different game. Howard makes 10 or more of these a season. We need a new keeper and have done for 3 years now, probably more.

We're not going to bring in a world class keeper that keeps a clean sheet. Everton couldn't attract one of the top 10-15 keepers in the world.

Secondly, I'm not sure we could attract someone much better than Howard. I think whoever we'd bring in would probably make the same sorts of howlers that Howard does.

We're not going to bring in a world class keeper that keeps a clean sheet. Everton couldn't attract one of the top 10-15 keepers in the world.

Secondly, I'm not sure we could attract someone much better than Howard. I think whoever we'd bring in would probably make the same sorts of howlers that Howard does.

He was THE worst keeper in the league last season, he had THE most individual errors and after 3 games he has arguably let 3 in but defo one that I could have saved and he will continue to do it this season. He is a liability and should be either dropped for Robles or have a replacement brought in.

There's another 3 points he has cost us. How the fuck does he get beat at that angle at his near post then gets lobbed in his 6 yard box.

Please nobody post he'd had a good game other than that though, please spare me that line guys.

The first one was horrendous. He obviously decided a cross was coming. I couldn't believe he scored from such a tight angle.

The 2nd...think it's harsh to blame him.

And as for costing us 3 points. That's definately harsh and OTT.

The first one was horrendous. He obviously decided a cross was coming. I couldn't believe he scored from such a tight angle.

The 2nd...think it's harsh to blame him.

And as for costing us 3 points. That's definately harsh and OTT.

He saves Kolarovs effort it's a different game. They get that econd because we're pressing. He got lobbed in his own 6 yard box Newty.. Wtf?