IGNORED

Tim Howard

Someone explain all this super draft nonsense?!!

LOL. MLS does a draft like NFL where all the college kids who play soccer and graduate or leave school the teams draft in order of worst teams to best. so the worst get first pick and hopefully helps them to be not so bad next year.

Anyways point of the article is Colorado wants a US international, they have money and the rights to acquire one. They want Howard. We need to make this happen now or this summer.

Getting a fee for a 37 year old keeper would be a smart piece of business no matter how small.

Edited by markjazzbassist

LOL. MLS does a draft like NFL where all the college kids who play soccer and graduate or leave school the teams draft in order of worst teams to best. so the worst get first pick and hopefully helps them to be not so bad next year.

Anyways point of the article is Colorado wants a US international, they have money and the rights to acquire one. They want Howard. We need to make this happen now or this summer.

Getting a fee for a 37 year old keeper would be a smart piece of business no matter how small.

The draft idea is actually pretty cool!

Now what do you mean 'the rights to acquire one'?

The draft idea is actually pretty cool!

Now what do you mean 'the rights to acquire one'?

so MLS is crazy. instead of each team in europa negotiating for players the league does it. they say they do it to make sure parity is kept within the league so teams don't become so lopsided strong and weak. so basically there is a list of who gets the next "international big star" player. Colorado traded with that team to acquire those rights. That means if any star/big player comes to MLS they get first chance to sign them.

Their getting the rights signals they want a US international. They tried to get Alejandro Bedoya who plays for Nantes in Ligue 1 but they turned them down and said he's not for trade. So their next target is Howard. If Everton say no to jan or this summer they will go elsewhere, but the hope is they reach a deal for him to leave this summer.

so MLS is crazy. instead of each team in europa negotiating for players the league does it. they say they do it to make sure parity is kept within the league so teams don't become so lopsided strong and weak. so basically there is a list of who gets the next "international big star" player. Colorado traded with that team to acquire those rights. That means if any star/big player comes to MLS they get first chance to sign them.

Their getting the rights signals they want a US international. They tried to get Alejandro Bedoya who plays for Nantes in Ligue 1 but they turned them down and said he's not for trade. So their next target is Howard. If Everton say no to jan or this summer they will go elsewhere, but the hope is they reach a deal for him to leave this summer.

Unique set up. Time will tell if it holds the game back over there. At the moment, you guys are only getting 'stars' towards the end of their career. Without those regulations, USA would be a top choice for players and their families.

I suppose on the flip side, it gives US homegrowns a chance to thrive.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2789488/colorado-rapids-trade-away-clint-irwin-amid-tim-howard-link

this might have more legs than we thought. they just traded their starting keeper away for draft picks and allocation picks (international star pick). they have no keeper. seems like they are banking on this going through. could already be agreed?

Can't see it.

Sell our senior keeper without a replacement?

Robles could step in, but then we're down to U21 keepers.

Unless we have someone lined up?

good point. marshall was mooted but for 10m no thanks for me. think we could get Krul at the end of the season from newcastle if they go down and robles doesn't do well.

Won't believe it until I see it. If he does go, I'll wish him nothing but the best, a solid player for us over most of his time...

He has been and its sorry that it has come to this, he has been extremely poor ever since he came back from the World Cup and should have gone gracefully a long time ago

Howard has been a great keeper for us, he has won us numerous points over the years. He has also been passionate about the club, and a true Evertonian.

That being said his form has declined over the last two years, and he should have left after the world cup, and part of that is RM's fault for not moving him on.

Good if he goes now, gives the new keeper a chance to settle in before next season starts.

For me he allowed his arrogance to over rule his pride and grace.

Rather than hold his hands up and say "you know what, that's not good enough" he has decided to quote history. A very defensive approach which placed his ego above that of the team.

I was completely full of admiration for Gary Neville and the way he quickly realised that his level was not good enough after 1 or 2 games of finding his legs had gone. No bitching, no fishing for compliments, just "that's it folks".

Tim will be remembered for the wrong reasons, unfortunately. He was a solid keeper for us but the past 18 months have been torrid.

Does that mean I'm no longer the only one one putting the majority of the blame on him?

(Still not suggesting Stones is blameless)

I'd say so. At the time I thought it was entirely on Stones but I've just watched it back 5 or 6 times and I'm at a complete loss as to how to explain just why he's so fucking slow to react. And then why the hell once he realises he's been too slow he STILL decides to give Ayew a good hard kick! He could've just tried to shield the goal with his body and try and shepherd Ayew further towards the touch line. Or, heaven forbid, let Ayew take a shot from a tough angle and use his bastard hands to stop the shot.