IGNORED

Tim Howard

• 2 weeks later...

The only excuse I would give martinez is that Robles is not exactly Neville Southall.... does he hold this lad in high regard to the point that he doesn't want to destroy his confidence by throwing him in when he's not entirely comfortable?

Regardless, now he has proven to a degree that he is up for the challenge - he has to play.

I don't know Robles, but I would think at this point would be comfortable and willing to play in any match - its what he has spent his entire life working at. Maybe I'm wrong - who knows? In any event it would be ridiculous not to play him. A real confidence booster for him would be to start him over Howard when the bald starfish is fit - correct me if I'm wrong but that hasn't happened (outside of cup matches), yeah?

I know this is naughty, from GOT.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/attachments/image-png.17395/

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/attachments/image-png.17396/

Howard doesn't move toward the ball at all. During the entire length of the pass back. More I see it, the more I look at Tim as the one most at fault.

If he'd had dived at it, with his hand, he may have been able to get a touch on the ball or at worst, convinced the ref he covered the ball before the player makes contact. Either way, the fact he went to kick it SOO late, shows how inept he is at decision making.

I don't even think Tim sees Ayew until it's too late. I think his struggles are a combination of losing his quickness and reaction time and compensating by focusing too much on individuals rather than seeing the whole pitch.

Tim will go down as a very good Everton player and great servant to the club. But he knows that he should have left 2 years ago when his ability started to wain. We get pissed off at his performances costing us points and unsettling the defense, and he gets pissed off at his mistakes and us.

As the old adage says, "Always leave them wanting more", alas Tim has left us wanting allot less.

On a good news front Martinez has confirmed Tim is off in the summer, and that therefore he needs to give Robles a run till the end of the season.

Edited by London Blue

• 2 weeks later...