IGNORED

Tim Howard

Watching that you can really see how finished the guy is.

The worst thing is the number of goals conceded where he is rooted to his line when the scorer is on the edge of the six yard box. He stands there waving his arms about but absolutely clueless as to what is happening. Any decent goalkeeper will dominate his six yard box. Anything crossed into there is his.

Geth - that's shocking. Dunc might be right, he's probably cost us more than 8 points. Jesus.

Man of the match by a street in away draws at City and Spurs though so it could easily said he's gained us two :). Only Lukaku, Deulofeu, Barkley and Barry have more MOTM points over the season in fact (although to be fair fifty-eight of his sixty points come from those two games :P).

I think he is professional enough to care even if he is leaving. He has been a good keeper for us over the years....don't let his decline take that away.

Though I do agree that if he is going then he should move over and give Robles the chance.

Hopefully we have someone lined up as either his replacement or Robles back up.

We can't get rid of him until we get a replacement.

Last night Robles played.

Conceded 3

Top frameworks hit.

And no telling saves to talk about.

Balls came in under the bar and he was challenged by the giant Aguerro....he slapped at it just like Howard.

A search for a keeper is a must now.

Conceded 3

Top frameworks hit.

Balls came in under the bar and he was challenged by the giant Aguerro....he slapped at it just like Howard.

Well, he had one really good save and another ball he got to early in the first half with great positioning. But, yeah, it wasn't exactly inspiring.

I don't know how much our failures are due to our keepers though. There are so many goals that we've conceded because of defensive breakdowns, many of which start in midfield. Our center backs sometimes doddle and ball watch. So many have been conceded because someone can't follow their man or we can't defend as a team, but rather, as individuals. So many goals that our keepers never had a chance at and balls that shouldn't have come their way in the first place.

Some argue our defense is shit because Howard doesn't inspire them. I think it's more to do with our lack of a defensive system. I don't know that we can blame the keepers for the failings of those in front of them (Howard has been a culprit several times on his own, and that warrants discussion, I know). I don't know that it matters who we have in goal at the moment, in all honesty.

Conceded 3

Top frameworks hit.

1 match after riding the bench for 2 season doesn't really give you license to "rate him". he needs a run out before we can judge him like we do howard, it's that simple.

1 match after riding the bench for 2 season doesn't really give you license to "rate him". he needs a run out before we can judge him like we do howard, it's that simple.

Yes that is true.

I have just not witnessed anything That warrants him replacing Howard that's all.

I would much rather see us buy someone solid.

Guest rusty747

I think Robles is getting better and better but I am not sure if he is a top six team's keeper and that is what we need. If we cant unearth another Southall from Bury then we need to splash the cash and get a big name, soonest.

I think you are all too harsh on Timmy. He has given us alot more than he has taken.

Ok he isnt at his best anymore but he deserves to be remembered in a good way and not be told to get on his bike.

We need a new keeper asap

Haha, im not sure meant that to be funny but that was!

I think Tim is 100% in the US in June. I know we want him to go now, but June is probably better. I hope RM gives Joel a look. And if RM is going to be around for awhile, I hope he's looking at our youth keepers and keeping the scouts looking around too. For my money, I like Ethan Horvath at Molde. He's young (20), tall (6'4"), and got his side into Europe. He's American, but keeper is the only position America is ever good at. I think he's worth a look.