IGNORED

Tim Howard

Will we lose a bit of American support now he's gone?

Those of us that came to Everton because of Howard have become evertonians as well. Some may drop off but I imagine most follow the club regardless like myself.

I think such a vast untapped market it might be wise for the new owner to buy a young US prospect so we get coverage in the us and the like, but that's just personal for me.

Will we lose a bit of American support now he's gone?

Doubtful we'll lose support, but he was a big selling point for gaining new American supporters. Most of America is uncommitted as far as an EPL side goes, but I am starting to see more and more EPL shirts/kits/t-shirts than I can remember seeing.

Those of us that came to Everton because of Howard have become evertonians as well. Some may drop off but I imagine most follow the club regardless like myself.

I think such a vast untapped market it might be wise for the new owner to buy a young US prospect so we get coverage in the us and the like, but that's just personal for me.

This. There'll be a few that'll drift away but the vast majority will stick around.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd consider myself a Tim Howard fan and still think this is happening maybe two years too late. Had the opportunity arisen to sign a replacement, I think he'd have been sold.

He's going to be a 'Designated Player' (higher earner) too.

http://www.coloradorapids.com/post/2016/03/20/colorado-rapids-acquire-us-international-tim-howard-designated-player

That was really nice- never saw that before. Next call will come from President Trump, and I'm sure the majority of the call will consist of him reminding them to check for any stowaway Mexicans that may be hiding in their luggage.

• 1 month later...