IGNORED

Tim Howard

The second before the cross came in I was screaming at coleman to close the man. There is a point here. Yes I actually think howard is shot but let's not erase others mistakes too.

Wow, is this sensibility that I see, regarding us shipping goals?

Just as I was starting to expect the Spanish Inquisition...

Someone remind me; is his contract up at the end of this season, or the one following? I'm crossing everything in hope that, at the very least, this will be his last season with us. Sorry Tim.

Howard's contract expires 2018. The 2016 contract expirations are Gibson, Oviedo, Pienaar, Osman, and Hibbert.

http://toffeeweb.com/season/15-16/squad.php

• 2 weeks later...

Luke as usual nails it on the head. great article well written and brought up some great points. here was my favorite:

Howard's flaws are in plain sight: near post concerns, defending balls into the penalty area and overall command of his goalmouth, to name but a few. But there is a point when action is required from the sidelines.

Luke as usual nails it on the head. great article well written and brought up some great points. here was my favorite:

Howard's flaws are in plain sight: near post concerns, defending balls into the penalty area and overall command of his goalmouth, to name but a few. But there is a point when action is required from the sidelines.

To be honest, all that article has done is rephrase all the key points that have been said a thousand times over in a different way. Its correct, but it's nothing new.

I've been one of Howard's most intense critics - the guy had an amazing match. Good for him - credit where credit is due. The moment he starts sucking ass again and then has the balls to show his arrogance along with it, then he'll get stick again. Until then he is on my good side. Way to play Howard - you had a balls-to-the-wall match and you saved out hide tonight. A pint raised to you tonight.

Taken a lot of stick from people lately, myself included, but he was the main reason we got out of there with a point tonight. Brilliant shot stopping.

That's never been the issue though, it's always been his saving grace. I understand why people are pleased with him, but his same old antics when the ball came in were there to see which is why he didn't get my MOTM. Anyone else and people would be saying "thats his job though".

Stuck to his line when the ball came in, made me nervous. I've never been worried about his shot stopping

He was much more willing to come off his line last night. There was an occasion where he came to punch a ball and went right through the City player to do it. That's something we've been wanting him to do.

Edited by Romey 1878

He was much more willing to come off his line last night. There was an occasion where he same to punch a ball and went right through the City player to do it. That's something we've been wanting him to do.

I didn't see it that much, but then my stream would freeze and skip. I'll withdraw my criticism.

Will there now be calls for Tim Howard to play in the upcoming cup match against City?

It has to be really tough for a manager. You decide to play Howard in the league and Robles in the cup. One or other plays a blinder or a howler. Do you stick to your guns or change your mind every few weeks? Personally, I hope Robles still gets to play in that match.

Will there now be calls for Tim Howard to play in the upcoming cup match against City?

It has to be really tough for a manager. You decide to play Howard in the league and Robles in the cup. One or other plays a blinder or a howler. Do you stick to your guns or change your mind every few weeks? Personally, I hope Robles still gets to play in that match.

my understanding is Robles plays all the cups regardless of match importance. that's how he did it at wigan, he played in the final there.

Not from me - I appreciate Howard's performance yesterday but ultimately the future of this club in the goalkeeping department doesn't involve him, but it does involve Robles and hopefully other players that we are not yet aware of. I think Robles has done a stellar job for the little playing time he has had, and given a decent run of matches he will only get better. But of course that is not going to happen so the best that we can do is to hope for more performances from the bald man like yesterday. Does he have it in him? I have no fuckin' idea but his recent performances suggest maybe not.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2787394/colorado-rapids-want-to-bring-tim-howard-to-mls-sources

The Colorado Rapids are attempting to acquire Everton and U.S. goalkeeper Tim Howard, sources say, after being rebuffed in their attempt to land midfielder Alejandro Bedoya.

The Rapids acquired the top spot in the MLS allocation order from the Chicago Fire during Thursday's MLS SuperDraft, meaning that among MLS sides, they have the inside track to land the veteran goalkeeper.

HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH