IGNORED

Sense of excitement building

Had time to think about this one, it would be easy for me to get pissed off and argue with a childish prick who just seems to want to troll. Let's face it, we are all pretty pissed off as "fans" right now.

Here's some thoughts:-

Martinez:- has built a very good team, he deserves the chance to manage this team. Does this mean he is above the risk of sacking or criticism? Absolutely not, as per my rationale with Rom, no one is too big for criticism whether you are a free signing or a record signing.

A few sticking points roberto... stop being a stubborn prick! You've clearly had issues with some players and you are clearly in debt to a few who stuck by you. Move on, get the best 11 in the right positions. Drop barkley, he needs it. Tell Rom a match is over at 90 minutes, not 45. Find a leader and get some balls.

In periods we look good but there is no urgency, the tempo needs upping. We need someone Barking at the players. There is a smarmyness to our play when we are ahead, like we are gonna coast it. Need to get nasty.

The critical part is the leader who won't stand for any shit. Too many nice guys. Rooney will be ideal, the likes of Barry and jags should be that person but they aint. The likes of a keane, viera, Adams, the player that makes the others think "he's pissed off, better get moving"

For me Gerry has been the player of the year, without him our goals would be so much less. Get the best out of him and we will make a move on top 4. Just difficult to be optimistic at the moment the as we look weak.

Had time to think about this one, it would be easy for me to get pissed off and argue with a childish prick who just seems to want to troll. Let's face it, we are all pretty pissed off as "fans" right now.

Here's some thoughts:-

Martinez:- has built a very good team, he deserves the chance to manage this team. Does this mean he is above the risk of sacking or criticism? Absolutely not, as per my rationale with Rom, no one is too big for criticism whether you are a free signing or a record signing.

A few sticking points roberto... stop being a stubborn prick! You've clearly had issues with some players and you are clearly in debt to a few who stuck by you. Move on, get the best 11 in the right positions. Drop barkley, he needs it. Tell Rom a match is over at 90 minutes, not 45. Find a leader and get some balls.

In periods we look good but there is no urgency, the tempo needs upping. We need someone Barking at the players. There is a smarmyness to our play when we are ahead, like we are gonna coast it. Need to get nasty.

The critical part is the leader who won't stand for any shit. Too many nice guys. Rooney will be ideal, the likes of Barry and jags should be that person but they aint. The likes of a keane, viera, Adams, the player that makes the others think "he's pissed off, better get moving"

For me Gerry has been the player of the year, without him our goals would be so much less. Get the best out of him and we will make a move on top 4. Just difficult to be optimistic at the moment the as we look weak.

Tell that to Ross and Kone too ;)

Agree with the rest

Edited by Matt

Tell that to Ross and Kone too ;)

Agree with the rest

I actually said Ross needs benching. I called him a disgrace in the match thread.

Kone is not capable of 90 minutes, clear as day, he should only play 45. His effort levels are very good, the mind is willing the legs aren't. That is understandable, he has knees that require him to limit training = less stamina.

Again Matt, you don't have to defend lukaku, it's a valid point. The periods when he is involved he is impressive. But that doesn't grant him immunity for the periods where let's just say he coasts a bit. Some games he puts in a full shift, against norwich he didn't. We can't have a salesmans mentality "I've done my bit for the month, targets hit... foot off the gas now" that goes for everyone.

Edited by Hafnia

I actually said Ross needs benching. I called him a disgrace in the match thread.

Kone is not capable of 90 minutes, clear as day, he should only play 45. His effort levels are very good, the mind is willing the legs aren't. That is understandable, he has knees that require him to limit training = less stamina.

Again Matt, you don't have to defend lukaku, it's a valid point. The periods when he is involved he is impressive. But that doesn't grant him immunity for the periods where let's just say he coasts a bit. Some games he puts in a full shift, against norwich he didn't. We can't have a salesmans mentality "I've done my bit for the month, targets hit... foot off the gas now" that goes for everyone.

Yup, you did, but the point is still valid for all 3 but only 1 got mentioned for not playing a full game. I wasn't defending him, was I pointing out a lack of balance again.

Yup, you did, but the point is still valid for all 3 but only 1 got mentioned for not playing a full game. I wasn't defending him, was I pointing out a lack of balance again.

One balance I think calling Ross a disgrace and stating Rom needs to work for 90 minutes is certainly fine.

Kone actually got my man of the match as he was the only one making runs and pressing. So I disagree that he was due criticism for that game.

But yes my comment remains Rom was anonymous in second half and it's not because of the other players, he stopped working. Simple as that, feel free to disagree.

Rom had the useless 2 behind him in the second half, was given fuck all. You can criticise Lukaku for not killing them off in the first half, but he had absolutely nothing to work with in the second.

It's a recurring pattern. Second Hal we don't play. It can only be down to fitness levels

If Rooney is available we need to go and get him. He would have gone berserk at the other players. He would have barkley sorted too, he would be his mentor and lukaku would not get away with half jogged pressing. He would have Gerry making sure he doesn't get complacent.

In short he would be the difference between drawing and winning 4-1.

Out inability to finish off teams is worrying me. We are battering teams but drawing.

I think that is a fundamental bit of mismanagement by Martinez. He should know how to close out a game and also should be working 24x7 on how to defend bloody set pieces,

It should be exciting but we are mid table still...

There is a smarmyness to our play when we are ahead, like we are gonna coast it. Need to get nasty.

This entirely. Sums up my frustration with the way we're playing entirely. I don't mind playing with cockiness or arrogance - as long as we can back it up by smashing opponents ruthlessly. There's no killer instinct, and that means the kind of too-cool-for-school showboating Stones, Barkley, Lukaku and Deulofeu indulge in just ends uo looking stupid when teams get up and at us. The second half against Norwich was an embarrassment, we had no answer to their intensity.

For me that is a huge flaw in Martinez. Sometimes teams need a rocket for only being 1-0 up at half-time, and players certainly need a rocket for fucking around with the ball 30 yards from their own goal. But Martinez loves it, his youngsters play nice pretty football and enjoy themselves and he gets lauded for his team being so pleasing on the eye. But what he is not teaching those youngstersis how to be winners, and I don't think he has that in them.

Imagine what Kendal would have done with this lot!

How long do we wait? This is not his first or second season. We can't afford to give him another 2 or 3 years because the quality young players we have will not wait around.

What concerns me is the idea that we have to be in dire straights before we will sack the manager.

Can we not make a change for the sake of progression?

We have managed 5 wins out of 16 in the league this season and taken 10 of the last 24 points.

Last season was certainly no better.

By no stretch of the imagination are we in trouble, and I'm sure Martinez will comfortably steer us to a top half finish to go with our cup semi final. At times we will play some great football.

If you are happy with that then so be it.

I personally think that with the squad we have we should be seriously challenging for a Champions league position, especially this year when most of the sides above us are throwing away points.

I say this even though I know it will be unpopular because I don't see Martinez changing and without that change we will not succeed.

It's about Everton not Martinez.

But we're supporters, it always looks bleaker to us.

Many neutrals think we are slowly and steadily moving forward. Our football is exciting and we are building a young and exciting team.

RM may have a long term vision.

Not saying he can fulfill it or not, just that it's not as bad as the last 3 results suggest.

Leicester will be a good benchmark of how we are progressing.

I work in Manchester and believe me we are the team United/city want players off. We are on the right path but we need to either win a trophy or get top four. I am adamant there is only arsenal and city better than us

And this is something else we need to be aware of, looking over our shoulders at who is going to swipe our best players. We'd have been sunk without Geri and Rom the past two months, can you see either hanging around without the carrot of European football next season? With the way the league is this time out, we've got to take our chance or risk losing the core of this exciting young squad.

I know there is still plenty of time, and the football we're capable of gives plenty of room for optimism. But that's what makes taking 3 points from Bournemouth, Palace and Norwich so frustrating! Huge game Saturday anyway, COYB.