IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur (Home)

markjazzbassist

Awful first half. One of the worst halves we've put in this season, and there have been some seriously shit ones!

We were OK for most of the second half, but really stepped it up the last 15minutes or so when we showed we are more than capable of going toe to toe with Spurs.

Agree.

Notes:

- Howard reacting to a heckler in the GS early on. He's really not doing himself any favours.

- Besic congratulating Stones after he turned up into his own arse in our 6 yard box.

- Several times Lukaku was surrounded by 6 players and our wide men weren't drawing their full backs at all, let alone supporting him.

- Martinez made early sub's!!! So happy.

- Still no leaders. Barry does it with play but no one grabs underperforming players by the scuff and gets them riled.

Agree.

Notes:

- Howard reacting to a heckler in the GS early on. He's really not doing himself any favours.

- Besic congratulating Stones after he turned up into his own arse in our 6 yard box.

- Several times Lukaku was surrounded by 6 players and our wide men weren't drawing their full backs at all, let alone supporting him.

- Martinez made early sub's!!! So happy.

- Still no leaders. Barry does it with play but no one grabs underperforming players by the scuff and gets them riled.

I think Besic could have that captains role within a few years. He has the attitude and passion for it. I mean, he has to play first of course!

Funny old game, we were totally outclassed, outplayed and outfought in the first half but then scored completely against the run of play . Much better in the second half and could even have nicked it but overall Ive got to say I was more then happy to pinch a point . Makes a change from us outplaying teams and losing

Funny old game, we were totally outclassed, outplayed and outfought in the first half but then scored completely against the run of play . Much better in the second half and could even have nicked it but overall Ive got to say I was more then happy to pinch a point . Makes a change from us outplaying teams and losing

Was role reversal time for sure.

Overall Spurs looked the better team but let's not spunk all over them. There loads of clubs that we played and thought we looked like the globe trotters and ultimately we got a drawer. I think if your going for a direct comparison we now have played them twice and had two drawers. Again, I think they have shown they are the better team. Not by individuals but they are a team. Stones will not be here next year, love the bones of him but you saw him say "fuck me" and notion to the crowd. He should never have put that request in but I loved watching him with a forward up his arse and trying to beat him. He is that good on the ball why should he lump it? Let him take the piss if he can.

Made a flap at a punch out. Other than that he only had shots straight at gim to deal with. Hard to judge.

Agreed. His distribution did leave a lot to be desired though. Not so much when he'd punt it up the field, but he often gave the ball short to a player who was immediately under pressure.

Overall Spurs looked the better team but let's not spunk all over them. There loads of clubs that we played and thought we looked like the globe trotters and ultimately we got a drawer. I think if your going for a direct comparison we now have played them twice and had two drawers. Again, I think they have shown they are the better team. Not by individuals but they are a team. Stones will not be here next year, love the bones of him but you saw him say "fuck me" and notion to the crowd. He should never have put that request in but I loved watching him with a forward up his arse and trying to beat him. He is that good on the ball why should he lump it? Let him take the piss if he can.

Don't want to be a :Grammar Police: Finn mate but a "drawer" is where you keep your socks, when you get the same score as the opposition it's a draw.

Hate to "correct" but that one is a real :major overreaction alert: for me.

Coleman was shite today. He got nearly every element of basic defending wrong. Stands off his man, he lost his runner for their goal. The bit where he nearly fell over the ball twice and then tried to beat his man then lost it pissed me off.

Final note, please stop praising stones for having the "composure" to fuck about with the ball, he actually ran it into our 6 yard box with 2 minutes remaining at 1-1... it was ridiculously arrogant and showed nothing but cockyness. I get the impression he feels like he is doing us a favour.

Howard didn't have a great deal to do. No chance with the goal. He punched one cross when under no real pressure (which he could have caught comfortably) the ball went straight to a Spurs player on the edge of the penalty area but, fortunately, it came to nothing. He should kick from hand more. On several occasions when he opted to drop the ball and kick from ground, he was put under pressure by a Spurs forward and ended up kicking it anywhere. It did seem that Spurs had decided to pressure him at every opportunity.

What are peoples opinions of Howards performance today?

He did fine, although his flap at the ball near the end wasn't good. Maybe its me but his reflex time just seems slow also - he is definitely not what he was a few seasons ago. His agility just seems to have a few gray hairs these days. We can do a LOT better.

Edited by chalkpie

Guest rusty747

We are still unconvincing at the back and either waste too many chances or lose possession in good build up positions when going forward. I think some of that is down to not having a couple of 'missing links' in the team but most of it is down to Martinez and the way he sets the team up.

One thing to note is that Howard wasn't required to make any saves other than balls straight at him.

They hit the post and the bar but didn't really test our keeper other than that.

Lloris made a couple of pretty good saves, one a top class save from Besic.

But then both Lukaku and Ali probably should have made more of a cross each.

Barkleys effort at the end could also have gone in.

Best second half from us on a long time.