IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur (Home)

markjazzbassist

What an end!!! Was like 2 tired boxers going full on in the 12th!!!

Good 2nd half. Probably the right result on the balance of things. Although Spurs will probably feel they edged it.

Besic was all out when he came on. Not sure if he could do that for a full 90? Or if he'll ever get the chance.

Still look dodgy with how we like to take chances at the back there. That needs to be sorted.

Good subs made...quietened Spurs down and got us looking more lively.

Enjoyed that in the end!!!

Draw a fair result. Could have been 3 - 1 down at half-time, a lot better second-half. When Jags is back and Besic instead of Cleverly things should improve. We need to play 90 minutes like we played second-half today.

Edited by johnh

Guest rusty747

Besic looked very good and only a worldie from Lloris kept him off the score sheet. Stones needs to stop the fancy Dan tricks in his own pen area. Doesn't matter how good you are, or think you are, you just don't do that. It is stupid.

Kone looked off the pace and was rightly subbed. I thought Lennon, apart from his goal, was ok but Del boy brought an extra dimension when he came on. Cleverley seemed to fade - I think he might have been soldiering on with a knock.

We need Jags back. But who does he replace? On current form I would start Jags and Mori and give fancy Dan a reality check.

Draw was about right in the end. Though Spurs could have blown us away in the first 20 minutes. Howard had a couple of dodgy moments and has done nothing to improve his standing in my view. Big few weeks coming up now.

Kone and Baines was a bad joke today. Good thing Tottenham focused on the other wing.

Besic is a star. Him and Cleverley could do us wonders setting the tempo.

Barry has ran our midfield the last few weeks. Big fan of besic though and glad to see him do well.

Our most valuable players in terms of crating chances today were Baines (my MOTM) and Deulofeu.

Green arrow = succesful assist

red arrow = unsuccessful assist

yellow arrow = chance created

Deulofeu:

YpioifB.png

Baines:

yFIgI91.png

Baines was really involved in passing, of which only 5 didn't arrive (red arrows):

kkEjRAb.png

Let's compare that with Mori's passing map:

Jv9czLu.png

wow... Mori has some homework there.

Baines performed 2 succesful tackles, no unsucessful ones. He intercepted 3 Spurs passes, did 3 clearances and conquered the ball 5 times from duels. Overall, he was less involved in defending than the other 3 defenders, but he was far more involved in setting up counter attacks and creating chances.