Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I said year’s ago our immigration will increase from countries in South America and Africa, my point then was for all those who’s only reason for voting Brexit was because they wanted control of their borders and who was coming in it would be worse with less control if you voted Brexit. 
Firstly the people who are coming in now a lot are from countries that are lawless compared to ours and there beliefs morals  and standards of what is right and wrong for that reason aren’t as high, the migrant workers who were coming from the EU mostly had the same laws and standards as us and could be checked out with the countries they came from. 
What a sorry state Brexiteers have got this country into, because of there narrow minded and short sightedness spurred on by pure racism. 
Well Boris lied to you prayed on your prejudices and you fell for it, your borders are more open than ever with less knowledge and control of who comes in, well great work Brexiteers you must be proud of yourselves, personally I think you’re beyond all normal and reasonable help but you all know that anyway. 

Yes i see all the students from china and India coming here and paying for education, unlike all the eastern EU block who come here and start drug wars and turn London in to the most violent city in Europe, yes i see your point, and i voted remain.

6 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Yes i see all the students from china and India coming here and paying for education, unlike all the eastern EU block who come here and start drug wars and turn London in to the most violent city in Europe, yes i see your point, and i voted remain.

That's just laughable. Can you link a reputable source to back it up? My little cul-de-sac the nicest people are the eastern Europeans who rent here. Don't wish to be harsh but that post is racist pure and simple, you're effectively defining tens of thousands of different people like they're all the same. I despair.

3 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

There are more people from China and India in this country that shouldn’t be here, working underground who got into this country under fictitious student visas then disappeared, than those who are here legitimately. 
Show me the evidence that attributes the majority of London crime down to the Eastern European’s, your think that was a walk in the park when you start to feel what’s coming our way with the nationalities we are letting in, it’s not organised crime it’s gangs roaming our streets making no go area’s for our children, there are Somalians were I live who terrorising and stabbing people, because it’s part of who they are. 

14 hours ago, MikeO said:

That's just laughable. Can you link a reputable source to back it up? My little cul-de-sac the nicest people are the eastern Europeans who rent here. Don't wish to be harsh but that post is racist pure and simple, you're effectively defining tens of thousands of different people like they're all the same. I despair.

The old racist card if people dont agree with you, your cul de sac does not represent whats going on.

11 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Smearing is a common tactic of the left as it stifles debate. People form their views based on their own experiences. If your experience of Eastern Europeans is bad due to criminal gangs then you are going to naturally form that opinion.

Of course not all Eastern Europeans are criminals and it is ridiculous to suggest otherwise, but enough of them are to have a negative impact on your life so that you make an assumption. If your only experience of muslims is grooming gangs and roaming thugs in Rochdale then you are going to form negative opinions about them also.

The left then smears you for this. It prevents debate and allows the criminals to continue under the protection of a complicit population.

You cannot debate with the left, they do so from a disingenuous position. Their beliefs are dogmatic and they suffer from a purity spiral. The left eat their own. Martina Navratilova, a darling of the left, is now outcast for speaking out against trans athletes. It's how the left are.

The left never used to be about this, it was about worker's rights. The old left would have been against a European Union and against mass migration as a form of wage suppression. That argument is stifled under "racism". The globalists get their way and reap massive profits off the back of what amounts to modern slaves.

We're all nazis now.

Couple of points. If Tonsta had said, "unlike all the blacks who come here and start drug wars and turn London in to the most violent city in Europe" would you not consider that racist?

Secondly I'm not I'm not left wing, I've never voted Labour in my life, not even "new" labour; I'm a liberal and left of centre for sure but I've never called anyone a nazi (other than those that wear the badge with pride).

You say yourself, "Of course not all Eastern Europeans are criminals and it is ridiculous to suggest otherwise, but enough of them are to have a negative impact on your life so that you make an assumption." I disagree, you don't make an assumption unless you are want to, if you're a sensible human being you look beyond your prejudices and try to find the truth.

20 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Negative emotions are always more pronounced. You will remember a bad meal more than you will remember a good one. That's just how it is.

And no, I would not call Tonsta racist for saying "all the blacks" I would say it is incorrect but I would understand that London has a particular problem with young black males who are involved in street crime and that would create animosity.

Most people don't know what racism really is. Tonsta's post does not fulfil the requirements to be classified as such. 

So you think having negative emotions about a small sample of people justifies making assumptions on the rest of their race/creed/colour? Not for me.

A significant number of Catholic priests have been exposed as paedophiles but that shouldn't mean anyone can assume they all are/were.

23 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Nobody really bothered with the EU until the refugee crisis hit and millions of Africans decided they would masquerade as Syrians and hapless European nations just decided to let them all in. The EU was a big proponent of mass migration, Merkel was their poster child. 

The President of Ghana recently spoke about migration and how Africa will never prosper if it's young men just leave for Europe and Europe just keeps taking them.

You're absolutely right that Boris will just replace European migrants with African or Asian migrants. He's still part of the globalist cartels that control the country.

The problem with the EU is the €. Take the coronavirus crisis for example. Europe has been completely disjointed over it. Countries like Italy, Spain and Greece could really do with a round of quantitative easing to boost their economies. The negative impact of currency devaluation would benefit them as they are tourism heavy economies. Cheaper pesetas or lira means cheaper holidays and that's good for their economies.

As it stands they have no control, it's all done in Germany. We are able to QE through the Bank of England and that makes our current "debt" of £65b as it stands totally irrelevant. Everyone else needs to QE as well so the impact on the currency is negligible. However the southern states can't tailor their easing to meet their economic needs.

I voted Brexit and would vote again. The EU is broken and needs to reform. I don't believe it is capable of reform in it's current state. 

I’ve got past the fact we’ve left the EU, but I will admit it leaves a bitter taste. 
My post was aimed solely at people who’s main objective was to vote Brexit just to stop any foreigners entering this country, the article posted by Matt is evidence that that was never going to happen it’s got worse, and everyone of those people who were allowed to enter this country from Asia, Africa, North and South America, Australasia, and some of Europe, could have been stopped at the borders and turned away, but they haven’t because Johnsons lies prayed on the prejudices of people who didn’t want foreigners in this country, and they fell for it. 
All that’s happened is we have traded EU workers for people from all over the world, and we will get nothing back in return. 

43 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

So you're saying

So you're saying

Twisting words. I did not say it justifies it, I said it explains it and I understand it. Again with the disingenuous arguments.

If someone has a bad experience they are going to express things that way. You have to accept that people are just going to do that and you should appreciate that perhaps a bad experience or even a series of them has coloured their perception.

And you are left wing, you are specifically of the new left irrespective of who you voted for. A liberal, a globalist, a progressive, these are now the defining traits of the left. Worker's rights being a long distant memory

If you look up "justify" in a thesaurus you'll find "explain" as a synonym and vice versa. Again with the disingenuous arguments. You do like to put people into boxes don't you? I'm an individual who looks at the World and comes to my own conclusions, simple; I won't be defined by you or anyone.

You are all fucking stupid. People are people; they have skills and flaws. They will be always come to protect their own.  tSome are pricks some are great people. United we stand, divided we fall, despite ignorance. That’s how we survive. 

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

You are all fucking stupid. People are people; they have skills and flaws. They will be always come to protect their own.  tSome are pricks some are great people. United we stand, divided we fall, despite ignorance. That’s how we survive. 

Shouldn’t that be we are all fucking stupid 😁

23 minutes ago, johnh said:

You must have missed the latest news on this as I'm sure you would have posted it if you hadn't.  Nissan are closing their Barcelona plant and moving it to Sunderland.

Good news probably but it's not quite as black and white as you describe it John.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/may/28/nissan-sunderland-factory-safe-but-plant-in-barcelona-will-close-coronavirus

The decision will mean the loss of 2,800 jobs in Spain but removed a short-term threat to most of the 6,700 jobs at Nissan SunderlandBritain’s biggest car plant in, .

However, the carmaker said it would seek to “improve efficiency” at the factory in the north-east of England as it revealed a plan to reduce annual spending by ¥300bn (£2.3bn) worldwide.

“In western Europe we will maintain production of our core models in Sunderland and improve efficiency,” said Makoto Uchida, Nissan’s chief executive, through a translator.

Unite, the trade union representing British Nissan employees, demanded assurances that the plans for efficiency savings at Sunderland did not include job cuts or changes to workers’ contracts.

Steve Bush, Unite’s national officer for automotive, said: “We are seeking clear assurances from Nissan that the cost-cutting measures spoken about will not impact on our members’ jobs, terms and conditions or other benefits at Europe’s most efficient plant, Sunderland.”

Nissan has previously warned that jobs at Sunderland could be under threat. A no-deal Brexit would jeopardise the “entire business model for Nissan Europe” because of the threat of 10% export duties on the majority of the plant’s production.

David Bailey, a professor of business economics at the University of Birmingham, said options for Nissan in the case of a no-deal Brexit could include refocusing on the UK market.

The plant could also bid to build vehicles for Renault and even Mitsubishi under their three-way carmaking alliance. The three alliance partners on Wednesday said they would employ a “leader-follower” model, with Renault the leader in Europe.

Nissan is in talks over a proposal to build two models for Renault at Sunderland, according to the Financial Times. However, Bailey said the French government’s €5bn (£4.5bn) emergency loan guarantee to help Renault through the pandemic may mean it is less likely to allow production to move to the UK. The French government owns 15% of Renault’s shares.

“[Sunderland] will still have to compete for investment,” Bailey said. “That will be a brutal competition.”

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I’d love to agree, Mike, but streamlining is what every company has been doing for 10 years. Can’t pin that on Brexit. 

I'm not pinning it on Brexit, I was just pointing out that they're not, "closing their Barcelona plant and moving it to Sunderland" as John suggested.:)

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I'm not pinning it on Brexit, I was just pointing out that they're not, "closing their Barcelona plant and moving it to Sunderland" as John suggested.:)

Mike, I note that your extract is from the Guardian.  Just to provide 'balance', The Telegraph starts its article 'The Japanese company announced its Spanish factory will shut to save costs.  Sunderland will become Nissan's European manufacturing hub as a result'.     Sounds like 'closing their Barcelona plant and moving it to Sunderland' to me.

2 minutes ago, johnh said:

Mike, I note that your extract is from the Guardian.  Just to provide 'balance', The Telegraph starts its article 'The Japanese company announced its Spanish factory will shut to save costs.  Sunderland will become Nissan's European manufacturing hub as a result'.     Sounds like 'closing their Barcelona plant and moving it to Sunderland' to me.

Your interpretation of it suggests that Sunderland is somehow going to benefit from it whereas even the Telegraph makes clear that all it'll do is hopefully keep what they already have.

"Sunderland will become Nissan's European manufacturing hub as a result - making it highly likely to stay open and protecting 6,000 workers, along with another 27,000 jobs in the supply chain."

Great news for them without a doubt.

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Nissan has a free trade agreement with the EU meaning that there is no need to maintain factories within Europe and can repatriate back to Japan as there will be no tariffs.

The UK may potentially have tariffs and so it is a sensible move to keep production in the UK, particularly as it is a large market for them.

70% of Nissan cars made in Sunderland are exported to the EU.  The UK market is way too small to sustain the plant.

My guess, Nissan is crossing their fingers for no tarriffs on cars between EU and UK on cars; doesnt look likely though.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Your interpretation of it suggests that Sunderland is somehow going to benefit from it whereas even the Telegraph makes clear that all it'll do is hopefully keep what they already have.

"Sunderland will become Nissan's European manufacturing hub as a result - making it highly likely to stay open and protecting 6,000 workers, along with another 27,000 jobs in the supply chain."

Great news for them without a doubt.

They may even get to build 2 Renault models as well, now that would piss the EU off if that were to happen. 

Because Nissan Renault and Mitsubishi are in a alliance, and I’m not sure if they built any Renaults in the Barcelona plant that is shutting, but it was reported that 2 Renault models could be built in Sunderland so I assumed they might be being built in Barcelona at the moment. 
So if this were to happen I don’t think the EU are going to be very happy that Renault have been involved in putting a non EU state in front of a EU state, and would consider building 2 of its models in a non EU state, if this did happen which is a real possibility do you think it would go down well with the EU members, even though for the companies concerned it financially makes more sense for them, taking into account they lost 6.2bn last year and Barcelona was a poor performing factory, and Sunderland was one of their best performing factories?