Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Since Brexit is apparently binary, and if you’re still a believer, and don’t believe that it hasn’t evolved into something that into more than “leave means leave”, then I assume you’re in the same boat as this guy? 

Wondered what had happened to the Monster Raving Loonies, thanks for clarifying it for me Matt.

• 2 weeks later...

Now the years of uncertainty begins, begging and being held to ransom would seem to be the future for Britain, being dictated to by the EU were we have no choice but to accept there demands, and now the USA as well who will be trying to flood us with substandard food and overly expensive drugs.

The next few years will be the years that crush the Tories as there lies start to come to the fore over Brexit. 

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Now the years of uncertainty begins, begging and being held to ransom would seem to be the future for Britain, being dictated to by the EU were we have no choice but to accept there demands, and now the USA as well who will be trying to flood us with substandard food and overly expensive drugs.

The next few years will be the years that crush the Tories as there lies start to come to the fore over Brexit. 

Trump can't wait to be your pimp.  I personally am looking forward to the pound plummeting so i can finally get over to Goodison.

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Wish I could find the article that I read a few days ago about a financial analyst who's made his clients a fortune predicting exchange rates in the last few years, he's only a twenty-something. He said (rightly) that the £ would be strong against the €/$ following a Tory win but has also predicted that the £ would dip below parity against the € in the near future, we'll see. Personally I'm changing up £1000 to €uros tomorrow to cover next year's holiday, gamble but think it's worth taking.

7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Trump can't wait to be your pimp.  I personally am looking forward to the pound plummeting so i can finally get over to Goodison.

When my dad was doing business trips to America in the 1960's he was getting $4 to £1:). From your perspective though I hope you get your trip.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Wish I could find the article that I read a few days ago about a financial analyst who's made his clients a fortune predicting exchange rates in the last few years, he's only a twenty-something. He said (rightly) that the £ would be strong against the €/$ following a Tory win but has also predicted that the £ would dip below parity against the € in the near future, we'll see. Personally I'm changing up £1000 to €uros tomorrow to cover next year's holiday, gamble but think it's worth taking.

You sound like a trader Mike I might have some of that. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I’m waiting for the £ to tumble so I don’t get bent over if I move my pention back

19 minutes ago, johnh said:

Mike, in the 1960's the exchange rate was $2.80 to the £1.  I know this because I worked for a Caterpillar Dealer and we had to buy US manufactured products in US dollars.  It was $2.80 for many years and is burned on my brain.

The dollar is about 1:1 with the CHF at the moment. I could make a fortune moving over there, but the idea of never really being sure my daughter will come back from school is just too much for me to cope with. 

24 minutes ago, johnh said:

Mike, in the 1960's the exchange rate was $2.80 to the £1.  I know this because I worked for a Caterpillar Dealer and we had to buy US manufactured products in US dollars.  It was $2.80 for many years and is burned on my brain.

Memory must be playing tricks on me John, or maybe dad was! He was a PanAm "VIP" so always enjoyed his trips there and always bought us back brilliant gifts like baseball jackets, New York Mets ones I remember in particular although he always said his favourite city was Chicago. Happy memories apart from my mum crying whenever she got off the phone to him. She did get to go with him once though and they had a helicopter ride off the top of a skyscraper in NY and a week in Barbados after; we stayed with my aunt and were picked up by a chauffeur in a limo to take us to meet them when they got back to Heathrow. Amazing thinking about it now.

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Memory must be playing tricks on me John, or maybe dad was! He was a PanAm "VIP" so always enjoyed his trips there and always bought us back brilliant gifts like baseball jackets, New York Mets ones I remember in particular although he always said his favourite city was Chicago. Happy memories apart from my mum crying whenever she got off the phone to him. She did get to go with him once though and they had a helicopter ride off the top of a skyscraper in NY and a week in Barbados after; we stayed with my aunt and were picked up by a chauffeur in a limo to take us to meet them when they got back to Heathrow. Amazing thinking about it now.

Nice memeory

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, MikeO said:

I own a Villa in Spain and go there regularly, and in the next year or two plan to spend longer stays, I would definitely sign up if given the opportunity to be a associate member of the EU and join the block. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51271287

"The StandUp4Brexit group says the £272,000 raised...."

What's the betting speedo Mick will beat that total on his own? Started with a £50,000 target and already on £158,487.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/speedomick-1000-ml-charity?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

26 minutes ago, MikeO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51271287

"The StandUp4Brexit group says the £272,000 raised...."

What's the betting speedo Mick will beat that total on his own? Started with a £50,000 target and already on £158,487.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/speedomick-1000-ml-charity?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Be fair Mike, speedo Mick has got all us Toffee's behind him. - no contest.

1 hour ago, barryj said:

Today’s the day then. Three years of arguing, division and constant news reporting and now it feels like we are quietly leaving.

I see two reasons for this:

1) UK leaving the EU on January 31 was decided by the December 2019 election, so the real 'elation' for brexiters was when the election result became clear.  Today is just an inevitable consequence of that result.

2) for all pratical purposes, the UK will still be an EU member until January 2021.  It is only from 2021 on, that your every day life will be impacted by Brexit.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

She deserves every she gets. Utter scum of a human being. 

I agree she's utter scum, just the treatment doesn't sit right with me. That said if we had capital punishment for pushing hate I'd not bat an eyelid if she was given a lethal injection.