Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

19 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

it's funny matt, the uk voted leave, and now are mad stuff like this was happening.  as if they didn't think the EU would be petulant about them going.  of course they would.  if it was a whole shipment of meat you get it, but the sandwich?  they were just fucking with them to prove a point, get a headline, and insult the uk some more.  i think its hilarious.  you reap what you sow.  brexiteers eat your hearts out 

lighten up, i laugh at the US stuff like this as well.  it's messed up, no doubt, but some of it is so ironic/comical you just have to laugh.  i laugh everytime a repub congress/senator gets covid from not wearing a mask.  i also laugh when i see those same no mask people getting a vaccine.  it's political theatre, enjoy the show

The UK never. The whole of Scotland voted to remain. Unfortunately the racists and idiots in England and Wales outnumbered them.

On 12/01/2021 at 15:30, pete0 said:

The UK never. The whole of Scotland voted to remain. Unfortunately the racists and idiots in England and Wales outnumbered them.

If the whole of Scotland had indeed voted to remain, the referendum result would have swung the other way! 38% of Scotland voted to leave (1,018,322) so there were, in fact, more leavers there than in Wales (854,572). London could feel equally aggrieved as 59.9% wanted to remain. There was also a national turnout of only 72.2%. The 27.8% could have swung it for remain.  

2 minutes ago, Formby said:

If the whole of Scotland had indeed voted to remain, the referendum result would have swung the other way! 38% of Scotland voted to leave (1,018,322) so there were, in fact, more leavers there than in Wales (854,572). London could feel equally aggrieved as 59.9% wanted to remain. here was also a national turnout of only 72.2%. The 27.8% could have swung it for remain.  

while every council in Scotland saw Remain majorities

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

How could Scotland have done anymore?

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

while every council in Scotland saw Remain majorities

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

How could Scotland have done anymore?

Not much! I was merely drawing attention to the fact that there were many leavers up there, too, and that, in a system where each vote counts, that was as decisive as leavers in Wales and England. London, as I said, can feel equally aggrieved - and probably does!

22 minutes ago, Formby said:

Not much! I was merely drawing attention to the fact that there were many leavers up there, too, and that, in a system where each vote counts, that was as decisive as leavers in Wales and England. London, as I said, can feel equally aggrieved - and probably does!

You said if the whole of Scotland voted remain it could have swung it. Yet every council did vote remain. Every single one. The whole of Scotland. 

You vote brexit by any chance? 

12 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You said if the whole of Scotland voted remain it could have swung it. Yet every council did vote remain. Every single one. The whole of Scotland. 

You vote brexit by any chance? 

Wordplay Pete. @Formby is right in saying that if the whole of the Scotland vote (2,679,513) had been for remain remain would have won; it was decided on individual votes so which way any council or constituency voted was irrelevant.

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

Well that’s going to force us to buy British and hurt EU manufacturers, just a shame our manufacturing sector was destroyed years ago, where all be back in shell suits before we know it. 

Which is the long term goal anyway, which I understand. But not making people more aware (for me it was obvious) and not having business les ready is just incompetent 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Which is the long term goal anyway, which I understand. But not making people more aware (for me it was obvious) and not having business les ready is just incompetent 

Spot on the reality is worse than the pipe dreams of the misled and gullible. 
And many will learn the hard way that the grass is not always greener on the other side, but it’s all been said before. So my final word is fuck the Brexiteers and their far right ideology, personally I wouldn’t be able to look my kids and grandkids in the face if I had voted out. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Spot on the reality is worse than the pipe dreams of the misled and gullible. 
And many will learn the hard way that the grass is not always greener on the other side, but it’s all been said before. So my final word is fuck the Brexiteers and their far right ideology, personally I wouldn’t be able to look my kids and grandkids in the face if I had voted out. 

I don’t think it’s far right to want to focus on your own, it’s just naive and selfish in varying degrees. 

also looks like I’ll have to pay vat on all my possessions that I’m moving back too, which is baffling (and not going to do), although I can claim “benefit” for the move to balance things out. Fucking mess. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don’t think it’s far right to want to focus on your own, it’s just naive and selfish in varying degrees. 

also looks like I’ll have to pay vat on all my possessions that I’m moving back too, which is baffling (and not going to do), although I can claim “benefit” for the move to balance things out. Fucking mess. 

It’s frustrating and makes me angry 😡, so I will have to stop discussing it or it will be another ruined day in my life of not many days left as I would like. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

That’s because that is exactly what it is, and the way it was always going to be. 

But without taking the moral high ground as a remainer and saying I told you so, don’t you find it pitiful damming and utterly embarrassing what Brexiteers have condemned us to, and for what because I have no idea, maybe any Brexiteers on here can answer that and enlighten me with their wisdom. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

But without taking the moral high ground as a remainer and saying I told you so, don’t you find it pitiful damming and utterly embarrassing what Brexiteers have condemned us to, and for what because I have no idea, maybe any Brexiteers on here can answer that and enlighten me with their wisdom. 

Not a single one of them can answer because not a single one knew what they were voting for. They voted for what they thought it meant but, since it was never defined, whatever they thought it meant was irrelevant. And lo! The clusterfuck was spawned. 

fuck the moral high ground. Something was stolen from me and now everyone is suffering the fate that was clearly going to happen because there was no plan, no definition and no care of what happened outside of a few lining their pockets.