Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58462351

"The new rules mean lorry drivers importing goods will need some 700 pages of documents."

But we've taken back control so all is great.

I overheard someone in sainsburys shouting "fucking EU" after the shop staff told him the shelf was empty as they'd not had a delivery due to the staff shortage :doh:

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58462351

"The new rules mean lorry drivers importing goods will need some 700 pages of documents."

But we've taken back control so all is great.

Mandy and myself have eventually got a Spanish Residency it’s taken about 5 months and a lot of frustration and paperwork, it’s not a full residency and we can keep our British Citizenship and our tax affairs will be held in Britain, we have to deposit €400 a week into our Spanish bank account and can come and go as we please with no time restrictions on how long we can be in the country. If it goes well we may live there full time for a few years this country has gone pear shape since the Brexit deal was so brilliantly and clearly negotiated by Boris to give us a better deal at no cost. 

4 hours ago, patto said:

So someone tell me where all these so called temporary workers are going to live are they going to be put up in hotels like the illegal immigrants at the moment we can’t find homes for our grandchildren there’s people in Liverpool have been on the housing list for in excess of 3 years. 

Maybe back in the houses they owned and maintained on their own before Brexit? Especially with HGV wages expected to be so high.

7 hours ago, patto said:

So someone tell me where all these so called temporary workers are going to live are they going to be put up in hotels like the illegal immigrants at the moment we can’t find homes for our grandchildren there’s people in Liverpool have been on the housing list for in excess of 3 years. 

Where they were living before they all left I would guess, unless of course British on the social who don’t want to work have moved into these properties, then I could see a problem. 

17 minutes ago, patto said:

Do you seriously think European HGV drivers owned property’s in Britain they lived and slept in their cabs which is wrong. 

I'd say with a pretty much 99% level of certainty that the vast majority of eastern Europeans rented in the private sector so had no impact whatsoever on local authority waiting lists, they'd never have got on the lists in the first place so your point is just daft. Blame the councils and the government for not providing enough social housing (fair enough), not the people.

1 minute ago, patto said:

So we can blame British people for requiring somewhere to live. 
it’s easy for people to dismiss other people looking for somewhere to live  maybe you aren’t in a position where you have family looking for a home to live in, but as far as I’m concerned my family come above any immigrants who come here legally or illegally. 

As far as I’m concerned anyone who wants to come here legally and work and contribute to the coffers of the country are more than welcome to come, I have more respect for them than work shy Brits who just milk the system. 
We need migrant workers in this country without them we would be fucked, so tell me why someone who doesn’t work through choice should be entitled to more than someone who does work and contribute to the country instead of just taking, just because their British and the other person is a migrant. 

9 minutes ago, patto said:

It’s not absolute bollocks I don’t even read tabloids listen I see it happening where I live on my estate tell me how immigrants are being housed ahead of local people what is the reason the reason is it costs too much to keep them in b n b and hotels. 
so far they reckon 17.000 immigrants have come to Britain and not all legally that’s this year alone how can we possibly accommodate that many without it affecting the people on the housing list. 

So if you're not reading it but living it on your estate how do you get to the 17,000 figure? Are they all trying to join you? That's press numbers, tabloid or otherwise; and who are "they" out of interest?

47 minutes ago, patto said:

Well you did say tabloids ?

see the thing is if it doesn’t affect you or palfy it doesn’t matter as they say not in my back yard the problem is we haven’t a clue who is coming into our country how long before we have another Manchester arena incident. 

The Manchester bomber was born in this country he wasn’t an immigrant, what he did has nothing to do with immigration. There are plenty immigrants and migrants where I live, they keep the Hospital’s running, Construction industry relies heavily on them as does the Hospitality industry and the retail industry. There are more job vacancies than people claim the dole since we left the EU and thousands returned to their own countries, yet we still have hundreds of thousands who could work sat at home on their arses doing fuck all. There are area’s and families all over the country who have no intention of working and unfortunately a lot of their kids are following in their foot steps yet they want more and more for doing nothing. 

2 hours ago, patto said:

Well you did say tabloids ?

see the thing is if it doesn’t affect you or palfy it doesn’t matter as they say not in my back yard the problem is we haven’t a clue who is coming into our country how long before we have another Manchester arena incident. 

Right. You're on a timeout. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

You’ve got it bad haven’t you 

so with all the vacancy’s that’s about why are you picking on the British for not working when there are many thousands of none British people claiming benefits why can’t they take the jobs you say the lazy British won’t do. 

I haven’t got it bad at all there should be no reason for anyone who can work not to work, but the biggest majority unfortunately are British. But anyway what has the British Manchester bomber got to do with immigration when he was British you haven’t answered, in fact most atrocities committed in this country in the name of religion were by people born in this country or who were British citizens. 

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

I haven’t got it bad at all there should be no reason for anyone who can work not to work, but the biggest majority unfortunately are British. But anyway what has the British Manchester bomber got to do with immigration when he was British you haven’t answered, in fact most atrocities committed in this country in the name of religion were by people born in this country or who were British citizens. 

Three of the four London 2005 bombers were British born as well, the fourth was born in Jamaica; not exactly known as a hotbed of potential terrorists.

• 1 month later...

I haven’t met anyone who voted remain telling me the wished they had voted leave, but on my life I have met individual’s and couples who voted leave and have regretted it. In the next 10 years I believe we will be voting to go back into the Union a much poorer country than when we left. 

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

I haven’t met anyone who voted remain telling me the wished they had voted leave, but on my life I have met individual’s and couples who voted leave and have regretted it. In the next 10 years I believe we will be voting to go back into the Union a much poorer country than when we left. 

If we do re-join it will, by then, have reverted to a 'common market'.  The EU as it is now will no longer exist.  I think your forecast of 10 years is about right. 

19 hours ago, Palfy said:

Would anybody on here who voted leave change their vote now if they could?

If not, do you believe Brexit is going well, or will still benefit us at some point in the future?

Genuine question - I can't see any benefits at all to any of us 'normal' people, now or in the future, except for maybe a few lorry drivers who got a wage increase (which will probably mostly be negated by the rising cost of, well, everything).