IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Away) Sat August 20th

markjazzbassist

Good result.

Wasn't keen on the change of bringing on Williams just for the sake if it. I thought having to put Mori at left back and push Baines lost us a bit.

Some good signs overall though. Bolasie will be a handful. Those crosses look lethal...makes you wonder if the reason his assist rally is poor is more down to the quality of player he has previously been supplying. Holgate was immense. Lukaku got into it as the game went on. Mirrallas looked better as the game went on. Gana was all over the pitch, tidying up. Could go on.

Just pleased to get the 3 points.

Nah we had no focal point at all before Rom came on. Pullis did his homework and they were not giving Gerry any space to run in to and so Olsson had him in his pocket

I think it was the change in shape that helped us. We were playing far too narrow. By bringing on Lukaku, taking off McCarthy, moving Gerry wide and putting Holgate at RB, we were able to widen the pitch and spread out our play. This opened up space for us to run and move the ball around.

Great result against a tough side at home especially coming from behind

Very impressed with Holgate the lad looks so assured and calm for his age, massive future if he carries on like that!

Bolasie had a decent enough first run out him and Rom look like they will click very well, all in all bar the sloppy goal a decent performance

Caught the last twenty minutes and thought we looked good. Dangerous on the break and throwing our bodies in at the back. Holgate looked phenomenal . With him and Galloway the future is very bright. No wonder Kidman is going for experienced defenders knowing these lads will be ready to play when needed and they can learn of Williams, jags etc. once the window is over and we have our squad sorted I can see us being a proper threat this year

Caught the last twenty minutes and thought we looked good. Dangerous on the break and throwing our bodies in at the back. Holgate looked phenomenal . With him and Galloway the future is very bright. No wonder Kidman is going for experienced defenders knowing these lads will be ready to play when needed and they can learn of Williams, jags etc. once the window is over and we have our squad sorted I can see us being a proper threat this year

+1.

Feeling pretty good at what i saw and its only gonna get better.

BTW, why do they call him Gana?

+1.

Feeling pretty good at what i saw and its only gonna get better.

BTW, why do they call him Gana?

Because that's what he chooses to have on his shirt; not sure how Senegalese names work in terms of given name and family name but that's obviously what he wants to be known as :).

We did really well to get back into that but if you take away our couple of chances at the death when WB were pushing for an equaliser, they probably had as many clear cut chances as we did. Last year's ours missed and theirs went in and thats the fine line.

I'm impressed that Koeman switched things up so quickly as it did make a big difference and when Bolasie came on he was a handful.

I know it was only a cameo but I wasn't as impressed by Williams. One decent bit if defending on their counter at the end but was beaten to a few headers which I wouldn't have expected.

We did really well to get back into that but if you take away our couple of chances at the death when WB were pushing for an equaliser, they probably had as many clear cut chances as we did. Last year's ours missed and theirs went in and thats the fine line.

I'm impressed that Koeman switched things up so quickly as it did make a big difference and when Bolasie came on he was a handful.

I know it was only a cameo but I wasn't as impressed by Williams. One decent bit if defending on their counter at the end but was beaten to a few headers which I wouldn't have expected.

Last year we beat them 3-2 :huh:.

Not having this, you were totally West Brom specific...

No generalisation at all, read it and weep and then offer a grovelling apology, I know you're man enough :P.

Pedantry free zone :D.

Not having this, you were totally West Brom specific...

No generalisation at all, read it and weep and then offer a grovelling apology, I know you're man enough :P.

Pedantry free zone :D.

Nope if one person gets it you can all get it :)

This game last year was about the only game we did win so I wasn't going to forget that!

I think our fitness had noticeably improved from the Spurs game as well. I think it helped that we were more measured early on with our pressing, whereas we came out 100 miles an hour against Spurs and it hurt us later on. Yesterday we were still looking strong as the second half progressed.