IGNORED

U21s

5 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I can still see Simms going back to Sunderland before Tuesday - they’ve just had Gelhardt off Leeds but their main striker got injured again and they were short anyway. They’ve got a very good chance of being in the play-off mix so don’t think they’ll want to be short on attackers.

I hope we bring this lad from Coventry in (Gyorkes) but think Dyche will go for Barnes or Rodriguez as a short ‘fix’ option… Burnley have just signed a striker 👀 Chris Wood would have 100% been part of the Gordon deal if Dyche had been in earlier!

I'm only going to concentrate on the first paragraph because the second one is terrifying.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm only going to concentrate on the first paragraph because the second one is terrifying.

He’ll want 4 strikers so DCL, Maupay and 2 more. Think he’ll keep Simms if can only get 1 but I’m convinced we’ll be seeing one of his old boys in there 😬

8 minutes ago, c1982 said:

He’ll want 4 strikers so DCL, Maupay and 2 more. Think he’ll keep Simms if can only get 1 but I’m convinced we’ll be seeing one of his old boys in there 😬

I don't see the benefit in keeping Simms, there's no chance Sean Dyche plays Ellis Simms. None. He's more likely to throw Michael Keane up front than play someone with so little experience of professional football.

• 2 weeks later...

any of the Academy players worth promoting to train with the first team? 

If we get a few injuries (which we will!!) - its the only pool of players we have to dip in to, so would think it would be good to have 3-4 in and around the first teams squad, getting on the odd match day bench. Just acclimatize them a bit in case they need to be thrust in to action at any point.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/11/2023 at 08:04, Matt said:

Live game on YouTube this Wednesday evening at 7pmGMT

Watched the game and we actually looked quite good. Dobbin was a constant threat. The young lad on the other wing Heath looks tricky (little bit hit and miss). McAllister, Djankpata & Campbell all looked good as well.

Good minutes for Coleman, Godfrey & Keane as well.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Watched the game and we actually looked quite good. Dobbin was a constant threat. The young lad on the other wing Heath looks tricky (little bit hit and miss). McAllister, Djankpata & Campbell all looked good as well.

Good minutes for Coleman, Godfrey & Keane as well.

Still think it was a good idea to keep Dobbin here because he'll play, mate?

Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Still think it was a good idea to keep Dobbin here because he'll play, mate?

Asking for a friend.

Yeah I still think he can offer something throughout the season. We aren't stacked for wingers really but I would hope he gets some game time towards the last half of the season if we are safe as I think there is a decent little player in there.

17 minutes ago, Btay said:

Yeah I still think he can offer something throughout the season. We aren't stacked for wingers really but I would hope he gets some game time towards the last half of the season if we are safe as I think there is a decent little player in there.

How many minutes has he played in the league this since the window closed?

He should have been loaned out, he's being wasted here.

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

How many minutes has he played in the league this since the window closed?

He should have been loaned out, he's being wasted here.

Hard call to make given McNeil & Harrison were injured at the start of the season. He has been in the squad almost every week though. I do agree however, he needs more minutes & a loan can always be revisited. Right now he is depth that we may need if we are to get a couple of injuries.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Hard call to make given McNeil & Harrison were injured at the start of the season. He has been in the squad almost every week though. I do agree however, he needs more minutes & a loan can always be revisited. Right now he is depth that we may need if we are to get a couple of injuries.

They were, yes, and I still said he wouldn't play and would be better going out on loan.

It wasn't hard to call at all really, it was very obvious.

I hope he goes out on loan in January and at least has half a season of competitive football, but he'll still have wasted half a season of development.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...