IGNORED

Football Aid 2017 at Goodison Park – The Ultimate Xmas Gift!

Yes of course, if you don't reach a certain level they chuck you out, and those that do make it would be glad they did, when things turn nasty you don't want the man standing alongside you to chicken out.

It's an easy way out if you want to take it but that says all there needs to be said about you as a person. Don't forget you go into the forces willing to go to war and fight for your country if the need arises.

Sorry to waylay the thread, I,m done.

Amen.

Edited by Bill

Yes of course, if you don't reach a certain level they chuck you out, and those that do make it would be glad they did, when things turn nasty you don't want the man standing alongside you to chicken out.

It's an easy way out if you want to take it but that says all there needs to be said about you as a person. Don't forget you go into the forces willing to go to war and fight for your country if the need arises.

Sorry to waylay the thread, I,m done.

Amen.

But I'm not talking about people who join voluntarily, I'm talking about people who were called up for national service post war (like my dad) as a compulsory duty; you were conscripted and had to serve eighteen months did you not? Surely you couldn't just pretend to be a pussy and get sent home.

(Thread's not being waylayed, it's evolving)

I trained for MMA? I challenge anyone to do tougher.

12 weeks is more than enough to fight for your life, I play football at a high level for fun after that.

Bills right, 12 weeks is enough to get fit.

Pads right. There a difference between fit and high fitness.

Matts spot on.... it's fun!

Mike I,m not going to argue with you, if you don't attain the required standard your not wanted.

National service was compulsory for two years, to sign up voluntarily you signed up for three or seven years, but you have to acquire the same levels of fitness.

What argument? Was simply asking about what happened :huh:.

If someone conscripted for the compulsory eighteen months didn't hit the fitness levels in the first twelve weeks were they just sent home and excused? Can't believe that was the case because it's so open to people pretending, just interested to know the facts.

Not an argument yet but your getting there, you're trying to disprove everything I'm saying, basically calling me a liar.

If you've never been there and done it, you just don't know. So don't keep going on about things you know nothing about. Amen.

Edited by Bill

Not an argument yet but your getting there, you're trying to disprove everything I'm saying, basically calling me a liar.

If you've never been there and done it, you just don't know. So don't keep going on about things you know nothing about. Amen.

:doh:

If I knew everything about it I wouldn't need to ask questions. I'm not trying to disprove anything you say at all or remotely coming close to calling you a liar.

I'm just asking a question because I don't know the answer and you do.

Did failures maybe get sent to do menial stuff for example? I'm sure they must have been assigned something and not just sent home.

• 2 months later...

Now my uncle is joining as a 60th birthday present! The get fit thing hasn't worked out as much as I had hoped, but I should survive 45 mins :) At the very least, last longer than a 57 and 60 year old :lol:

Can't believe it's only a week away already, soooooo excited!

Just saw the website was updated:

PLAYING LEGENDS & MANAGERS
We're delighted to announce the following Everton legends will be supporting our 2017 matches: David Unsworth, John Ebbrell, Francis Jeffers, Stuart Barlow, Jamie Milligan and Joe Royle. We'll confirm details of which match they'll be Playing/Managing in nearer to the date of the games.

:yay: SO EXCITED! Got through an hour of training yesterday without issues, so looks like my fitness changes have proven to be a relative success!

You'll have a good chance of beating them, good luck.

We've got one (not sure who) playing LB on each team, and 1 each for managers I believe.

Just watched the highlights from last years competition, looks to be a great laugh :)

What argument? Was simply asking about what happened :huh:.

If someone conscripted for the compulsory eighteen months didn't hit the fitness levels in the first twelve weeks were they just sent home and excused? Can't believe that was the case because it's so open to people pretending, just interested to know the facts.

Sorry, but I just happened to come across this. What happened if someone either missed part of basic training through illness, or didn't meet the standards, then they were 'back squadded'. This meant they had to do the basic training again, from the beginning. That usually did the trick. No way did anyone get sent home.

I personaly saw cases of lads who were physically incapable of doing the training. They were sent off to another camp where they had special treatment, exercise, diet etc., and when they were considered fit enough, they returned for the basic training.

Edited by johnh

Sorry, but I just happened to come across this. What happened if someone either missed part of basic training through illness, or didn't meet the standards, then they were 'back squadded'. This meant they had to do the basic training again, from the beginning. That usually did the trick. No way did anyone get sent home.

I personaly saw cases of lads who were physically incapable of doing the training. They were sent off to another camp where they had special treatment, exercise, diet etc., and when they were considered fit enough, they returned for the basic training.

Thanks John.

Never mind your dad (aka Rom) Matt, did you score?

I was RB, got several tackles in and tried making some runs but didn't get the ball back.

Don't care though, mostly because I got to play with my dad and uncle (last minute addition for his 60th). Dad scoring was the cherry on top