IGNORED

Ishak Belfodil

Belgian press reporting deal is dead!

Ishak Belfodil naar Everton, de afhandeling van de deal leek slechts een formaliteit. Maar gisteren werden de onderhandelingen definitief gestaakt. De twee clubs bereikten vorige week nochtans een principeakkoord over de transfersom, maar er waren twijfels binnen Everton. Anders dan technisch directeur Steve Walsh zou trainer Ronald Koeman ­helemaal niet zo overtuigd zijn van Belfodil. De Nederlander had negatieve signalen opgevangen over het karakter van de Algerijn, die in zijn carrière een moeilijk parcours heeft afgelegd.

Translation:

Ishak Belfodil to Everton, closing the deal looked like just a formality. But yesterday the negotiations were permanently frozen. The two clubs agreed last week in principle about the transfer price, but Everton started to have doubts. Unlike Steve Walsh, Koeman wasn't convinced about Belfodil. The Dutchman had heard negative things about his personality.

As he should as well seeing as he's the one who has to work with them day in, day out.

Totally agree, I'm glad that the arrangement is if Koeman says no it's a no regardless of Walsh opinion.

As you say, he trains and picks the team. I'm not too fussed we missed out on this lad.

Totally agree, I'm glad that the arrangement is if Koeman says no it's a no regardless of Walsh opinion.

As you say, he trains and picks the team. I'm not too fussed we missed out on this lad.

same, too many negative reports about him. seemed an odd one from the start.

I'm sure many would have said the same when Leicester signed Mahrez, Walsh is a paid professional, I'm sure there is more to him than a few stats and youtube videos.

Hence the comment....

I get your drift and I'm sure there is but if you watch clips of Mahrez you can clearly see he had something about him flair etc whereas this lad just looks like a big lump with a piss poor record and a host of clubs

Hence the comment....

I get your drift and I'm sure there is but if you watch clips of Mahrez you can clearly see he had something about him flair etc whereas this lad just looks like a big lump with a piss poor record and a host of clubs

Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer someone we all know is better, but there was a certain Belgian player who played for the same club as this lad who was a big lump with a weak record (in 3 seasons 84 apperances and 11 goals) who became our record signing at the time, he didn't do too bad.

After looking a little bit into him more I can see him as a plan B option, if the match is 1-1 he comes on, links the play between striker and midfield, wins the aerial challengers. knocks it on to rom. By all means £4m is something I could happily part with for him, £10m is steep, but hey, we are the Mersey billionaires now! :lol:

EDIT: not sure if its been mentioned previously but Wiki report this: On 31 August 2016, Belfodil signed an one-year contract with Belgian club Standard Liège, with an option to extend for another year.[16]

Maybe we are waiting till the summer to sign him on a free?

Edited by aaron

I believe he was offered and signed a contract extension a couple of weeks ago, I wonder if the hold up on this move is because of wrangling over money re: that.

There's more than a week of January to go, we've been big movers so far, and I still believe the majority of deals will happen in the last 24 hours. Clubs agents and players are being coy looking to extract as much money from whoever for their own interests, there'll be desperation moves by the relegation fighters yet...