IGNORED

Ishak Belfodil

However, RTL in Belgium have released some of their own information, which, if true, makes the deal look a whole lot better for Everton, and a whole lot worse for their Belgian counterparts.

Brought in as a free agent at the beginning of the season, Belfodil’s sale for €12m would have been an incredible turnaround for Standard Liège, but RTL claim all they’re actually getting for the player is around a third of that.

The Belgian website report that, according to a source close to the player, Everton are actually only paying €4m for Belfodil, of which the player is taking a percentage in order to never reveal the true amount of the transfer.

Kind of like a confidentiality payment.

RTL then list a couple of reasons as to why Standard would lie about the amount paid by Everton and claim it’s €12m, which essentially boil down to ‘it makes them look better’ both to other players and their own fans.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/claims-belgium-everton-paid-e4m-new-striker-rather-e12m/

RTL link: http://www.rtl.be/sport/football/football-belgique/exclu-rtl-ishak-belfodil-est-en-passe-de-quitter-le-standard-pour-everton-mais-pour-bien-moins-que-10-ou-12-millions-d-euros-881997.aspx

I love how Evertonians give new players a fair chance.

doesn't sound great though does it Makis? 25 y.o. striker, been shipped on at any given opportunity. Press and experts who have seen enough of him to make comments like "Everton have been robbed", doesn't fill anyone with much confidence.

I'll be honest, I thought our targets had changed from obscurity to seasoned professionals, turns out that may not be the case.

We should be looking at potential first team players with the record(s) to back up the fees.

We spunked £13m on Niasse. He was dreadful. We're about to spend the £10m that Hull won't be giving us (to take him permanently) on a kid with little experience and goals (for a striker).

Edited by Lowensda

doesn't sound great though does it Makis? 25 y.o. striker, been shipped on at any given opportunity. Press and experts who have seen enough of him to make comments like "Everton have been robbed", doesn't fill anyone with much confidence.

I'll be honest, I thought our targets had changed from obscurity to seasoned professionals, turns out that may not be the case.

We should be looking at potential first team players with the record(s) to back up the fees.

Re your last paragraph, that isn't Walsh's style though. At Leicester buys players for a low fee, some work out, some don't, same at Chelsea.

We will obviously be paying big money for some players like Schneiderlin but I expect Walsh to be looking at players that slip under the radar.

It looks like there is a reason this guy slipped under the radar though!

Belgian press reporting this deal as done. 12m EUR. every pundit seems to agree Everton were robbed.

Apparently he was really wanted by Walsh; so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but not really getting my hopes up.

Did the Belgian press report that this inflated fee is from liege to make it look better for them? Because there are articles saying it's only 4m

Pienaar and Arteta were bench fodder elsewhere having been frozen out and tit-head managers questioning their character.

Sometimes a player can fall foul in a new regime, a move a fresh start. Belfodil showed enough to move from parma to inter, so there must be something about his game that suggests some ability.

Prem football will be a shock though, not just the overly physical nature but also winter temperatures.

I made the usual mistake of looking at youtube that can make anyone look good.

But he does look like a big powerful lad that is decent in the air, also saw him take a decent free kick.

At 4million he may be worth a gamble as he is a big guy he may be starting to get stronger and fill out his frame,

and start to show the potential that got him a move to Inter in the first place.