IGNORED

Callum Connolly

Just coming on to post that!

Burton 0-2 Wigan
Posted at
16:24
Callum Connolly is having a Wigan debut to remember.
The Everton loanee had already scored this afternoon and the defender's now bagged his second by heading home Michael Jacobs' corner into the bottom corner.
What a result this could be for Warren Joyce's side.

how was it possible for him to play the day he signed? thought there was some sort of deadline to register players? Or is it different on loan / championship football?

Well done to the lad though, great debut.

I thought that. Only thing I can think of is either a loan or lower league rules are different.

• 7 months later...

Our only backup to Baines gone. Let's hope for no injuries to neither DCL or Baines...

Although depending on Connolly as LB backup would have made us (all?) nervous, having no logical backup whatsoever seems unusually shortsighted.

Are these our desperate options: Martina, Besic, Davies? Someone has to play LB in Carabao Cup, maybe FA Cup.

Help.

Happy to see the whimsy, but ....

Do we have the same desperate replacement options for LWB as for LB: Martina, Besic, Davies? Lennon?

Dont worry EG its fine. We can play a right footed player at LB so they will want to come inside all the time next to the other 9 outfield players. We can perfect the flying V formation from mighty duck and just move up the pitch as one.

Dont worry EG its fine. We can play a right footed player at LB so they will want to come inside all the time next to the other 9 outfield players. We can perfect the flying V formation from mighty duck and just move up the pitch as one.

Conceding that whistling-past-the-graveyard-humour is arguably a psychologically appropriate response to desperation, I accept defeat at the hands - or right foot - of you and Matt, the Whimsy Twins.

• 3 months later...
Just now, Romey 1878 said:

I think so. 

Hes got to have about 6 or 7. Which is a bit crazy!

That’s a great return for a full back.

Dowell must have 8 now as well. 

The Championship is a high standard as well. There are teams in there that are better than four or five if the premier teams.

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

That’s a great return for a full back.

Dowell must have 8 now as well. 

The Championship is a high standard as well. There are teams in there that are better than four or five if the premier teams.

I’m glad we’ve managed to find the right moves for these two at least. Our previous attempts with our youngsters have been more miss than hit.