IGNORED

Sunderland (Home) Saturday February 25th

markjazzbassist

Barkley been very good again. Maturing into a rounded player. Impressive.

thought he could've done more be ovreall was good

Joe, Valencia needs a run. I've been a big critic before the loan but I can see the effort he puts in. Skill, well... It's there's. But I don't expect him to stay

nice result. clean sheet and 2 goals. Gana MOTM for me he was everywhere in defense and attack and in the transition game as well. Morgan was excellent as was Seamus. Davies was missing most of the match and lookman just had a bad day.

happy for the defense and Joel, only really tested 2 times at most, Sunderland were poor in attack.

thought he could've done more be ovreall was good

Joe, Valencia needs a run. I've been a big critic before the loan but I can see the effort he puts in. Skill, well... It's there's. But I don't expect him to stay

I can't knock his effort. Maybe he does need a run. But, I wouldn't give him a run ahead of Lookman or Mirallas.

i think he's finally showing his potential mate. Don't want to bring up the age debate again, but think that's exactly what's going on

He should have scored the one earlier though :afro2: .

We were lucky to be playing a very poor Sunderland side today. Any team with some resilience would have held us today. Took far too many chances to out the game to bed. Defoe was found wanting, I Donald Trump, have always said he's not great because he smashes the ball rather than placing it.

Even though it was 2 nil, I think Koeman will give them a roasting for not being clinical. Defensively we had a good game with Schneiderlin bossing the back and being in the right place all the time, all the midfield getting stuck in. Going forward the movement was great and there were some class cutting passes, but then it fell apart as soon as they were in sight of the goal. Lookman was having a nightmare, and Coleman's crossing was frustrating beyond belief - although he picked out Gana perfectly for the first goal I don't think it will be enough to stop a rollicking. Lukaku and Barkley both missed easy ones and a few others should have done better. For the the life of my I don't see why we have a powerful 6ft 2" player taking corners when we have a short squad.

We were dominant for 60 mins today, we had a little wobble after half time when we didn't use the ball very well but overall I don't think you can really fault that performance other than we just didn't finish off our chances.

Lookman was quiet but I didn't think he was bad. He is a young lad getting used to the league and he just couldn't get involved enough, albeit with a better finish he could have got a goal.

Schneiderlin was my MOTM but Gana, Ross and Williams were right up there. Davies a little off the pace but he added little touches of quality, like the ball for the first goal. Funes Mori was much better this week too.

Mirallas played his part from the bench, McCarthy was a pest but again Valencia proved to me that he isn't anything more than a nuisance forward. A pain in the arse to play against but ultimately won't hurt you either.

Pete, he should've. But a player of his style needs consistent games and he won't get that with us. There's more to him than I gave him credit for but he isn't the future for us

I was joking about Lukaku.

I'd keep Valencia, think he's a decent enough squad player, and there's not many strikers who will sit on the bench and still put as much effort when called upon. We could do with an option like Giroud as well though. I don't think we can afford proper competition for Rom.