IGNORED

Luke Shaw

• 3 months later...

Luke Shaw has rejected the opportunity to rebuild his stalling career at Everton. Out of favour at Manchester United after spurning multiple chances to establish himself as the club’s starting left-back, Shaw has been made available for transfer in the current window as Jose Mourinho seeks to improve his defensive options.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/luke-shaw-turns-down-move-to-everton-kq5sc00pn

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

Similar to Barkley 

I think Barkley loves playing football. I imagine him being the kid that was down the park passing the ball back off a fence or trying to hit the post all on his own. 

Baines has said before that he isnt really a big fan but it shows you can still be very professional unlike Shaw.

I was quite excited by the prospect of signing him, as I remember how good he was at Southampton and thought he could kick on with us. 

However, if he just wants to see out his final year for a bigger signing on fee, sod him, that’s not the attitude I want around the squad. He’ll be lucky to get any signing on fee for anyone if his attitude really is that bad. 

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

I was quite excited by the prospect of signing him, as I remember how good he was at Southampton and thought he could kick on with us. 

However, if he just wants to see out his final year for a bigger signing on fee, sod him, that’s not the attitude I want around the squad. He’ll be lucky to get any signing on fee for anyone if his attitude really is that bad. 

When was he good at Southampton? Three assists in his whole career says it never happened.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

When was he good at Southampton? Three assists in his whole career says it never happened.

Are stats again, dont tell if he is a good player, was very good at Southampton, on some peoples stats you can beat 5 men pass it to a man who rolls it 2 yards to the scorer an he gets the assist. I would have him here. look at the player not the numbers. Would only be concerned about his fitness.

Edited by seve

7 minutes ago, seve said:

Are stats again, dont tell if he is a good player, was very good at Southampton, on some peoples stats you can beat 5 men pass it to a man who rolls it 2 yards to the scorer an he gets the assist. I would have him here. look at the player not the numbers. Would only be concerned about his fitness.

As someone who is a supposed brilliant attacking LB I’d expect him to have more than three assists and zero goals for his entire career to date. 

He was hyped up beyond belief after doing absolutely nothing, and that’s still the case. 

Why are we surprised he wants to wait out the last year of his contract? It’s a no brainier. Massive sign on fee and wages to match as they’ll be no transfer fee. If I was a footballer I’d do the same in my last year! I think we as fans get very emotional about such things but compare that to the job we are all doing and if we could double our money and get a big lump sum for waiting 12 months I think most if they’re honest would do the same.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Strange as it might seem my first thought when looking at full back is can he defend, the rest is a bonus, to many modern full backs can bomb forward but can not defend.

Full back is still a defender last time i looked.

2 minutes ago, seve said:

Strange as it might seem my first thought when looking at full back is can he defend, the rest is a bonus, to many modern full backs can bomb forward but can not defend.

Full back is still a defender last time i looked.

I didn’t say you shouldn’t look at if he can defend, although he’s crap at defending too like. My point was that Luke Shaw is known as an attacking LB, which is why so many advocate him as a Baines replacement as he is also known as an attacking LB. So, I’ll say again, I’d expect him to have a lot more assists. But he doesn’t. Why? Because he’s not very good. And he’s a chunky monkey that doesn’t look after himself, has a shit attitude, and is happy to coast along doing fuck all and get paid handsomely for it. 

If you want a substandard player with a shit attitude then that’s your choice, but I expect better. 

My memory of him at Soton was that he wasnt the best defender. It was a while ago though and he just doesnt seem the same player again.

@barryj personally I would rather play football on a decent wage still with a decent sign on fee than sit on the bench (if he is lucky) for another year, probably end up on lower wages but with a bigger sign on fee. There is something wrong with a professional footballer that doesnt want to play football.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I didn't watch them often, but when I did he made a lot of good runs and lots of chances. Not his fault if the other players can't put the ball in the net

10 hours ago, barryj said:

Why are we surprised he wants to wait out the last year of his contract? It’s a no brainier. Massive sign on fee and wages to match as they’ll be no transfer fee. If I was a footballer I’d do the same in my last year! I think we as fans get very emotional about such things but compare that to the job we are all doing and if we could double our money and get a big lump sum for waiting 12 months I think most if they’re honest would do the same.

I dont think anyone is suprised to be honest. It’s what most of us expect from players like him.

If you believe in your ability, you will be confident that money will come. You won’t need to rely on sign on fees. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I dont think anyone is suprised to be honest. It’s what most of us expect from players like him.

If you believe in your ability, you will be confident that money will come. You won’t need to rely on sign on fees. 

It's probably more of a belief in the stupidity of football clubs to offer massive wages to players that have done the square-root of fuck all but live off hype.

On 15/07/2018 at 21:22, Romey 1878 said:

I didn’t say you shouldn’t look at if he can defend, although he’s crap at defending too like. My point was that Luke Shaw is known as an attacking LB, which is why so many advocate him as a Baines replacement as he is also known as an attacking LB. So, I’ll say again, I’d expect him to have a lot more assists. But he doesn’t. Why? Because he’s not very good. And he’s a chunky monkey that doesn’t look after himself, has a shit attitude, and is happy to coast along doing fuck all and get paid handsomely for it. 

If you want a substandard player with a shit attitude then that’s your choice, but I expect better. 

If we wanted that we can just stick with coco, Shaw can play.