IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don’t think they’ve learnt the error of their ways though. They were always my preferred party before they showed their true colours, and their latest approach only confirms my fears about them; they’re clueless to the point they’ll do anything. even worse, I think they’ve learnt from the devil and are trying to capitalise - put it this way; except for promising to cancel a50, what is their actual plan? Based on their tactics in the last 10-15 years, they’re as bad as the Tory’s in terms of their goals 

Fuck Matt stop making me feel bad, I’d fight tooth and nail to remain in the EU and see this has the best option to me at the present time. 
Wish me luck in my quest😀

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whilst nearly all of me agrees with doing whatever it takes, I hate the way the LD are going about things. They’re effectively trying to buy power and how is that any different from the conservatives? They’ve become predatory, opportunistic and purely focused on the short term gains for themselves 

Given that the election is all about brexit ultimately; the tories went into the referendum as a broad church with many members & MPs voting remain and have now morphed into the default brexit party, Labour don't know their arse from their elbow sadly; the LibDems have stuck by what they campaigned for all along unless I missed something so I'd have to disagree.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I know where you’re coming from, the LibDems were the party that backed the Tories up and helped them administer their disastrous austerity plan, but they paid a heavy price at the subsequent general elections for their betrayal of the middle of the road voters for propping up a right wing party bordering on the far right, so I can only hope they have learned the errors of their ways. 
I’m a Labour voter but living in an area where they only received 7% of the vote last election, with the Tories on 41% and the LibDems on 31% and the Brexit Party on 8% and the rest made up by others. 
For me it’s a lesser of two evils, vote Labour and achieve nothing, or vote LibDem with a chance of over turning the Tories and stopping Brexit. 

Indeed they were but (and I've said this before) even though they made mistakes the tory regime would've been infinitely worse had the LDs not been there to reign them in at times; it did indeed cost them big time and it was always going to but they still did it. I know many won't be but I'm willing to move on for the greater good (imo) this time around.

On 09/11/2019 at 00:51, pete0 said:

You like captilsm, I'd prefer communism. But looks like Sweden could potentially be a happy medium 🙂. Where's @Peter H any room over there for about 30 million of us? 

apart from being far from a communist country, (im a local lib dem representative) Sweden does have a lot of social networks and welfare systems. We like to leave no-one behind in the system. Swedens a big country, you bring the companies and work and we will find you somewhere to live ;) 

5 hours ago, Peter H said:

apart from being far from a communist country, (im a local lib dem representative) Sweden does have a lot of social networks and welfare systems. We like to leave no-one behind in the system. Swedens a big country, you bring the companies and work and we will find you somewhere to live ;) 

I’d swop Britain for Sweden right now, I can’t bring the work do you still have some where for me to live. 
What are the golf courses like before we go to far😀

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’d swop Britain for Sweden right now, I can’t bring the work do you still have some where for me to live. 

Brilliant but under six feet of snow for most of the year, you need to carry a shovel in your bag to dig your ball out; no worries other than the fact that it takes (on average) 77.2 hours to complete nine holes, so if you bring bring thermal vest/kindling/sleeping bag you'll be fine:P. Just need to man up like my Scandinavian brothers. 

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Brilliant but under six feet of snow for most of the year, you need to carry a shovel in your bag to dig your ball out; no worries other than the fact that it takes (on average) 77.2 hours to complete nine holes, so if you bring bring thermal vest/kindling/sleeping bag you'll be fine:P. Just need to man up like my Scandinavian brothers. 

Think I’ll give it a miss on reflection 😀

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

Remember when Diane Abbot got her numbers mixed up and it was a massive deal. Why's it not so much of a big deal when it's an over privileged white man... 

That is one very clever point, I’m going to assume that you never saw that written or said by anyone else, and if that’s the case you need to email that to the other parties fighting this election, I’m sure one of them would run with that.

Best post on here for along time, well done Pete 👌👏👏👏👏

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

That is one very clever point, I’m going to assume that you never saw that written or said by anyone else, and if that’s the case you need to email that to the other parties fighting this election, I’m sure one of them would run with that.

Best post on here for along time, well done Pete 👌👏👏👏👏

Cheers Palfy, just tweeted Owen Jones. Hopefully he picks up the stick. 

On 20/11/2019 at 18:45, MikeO said:

Lol

On 20/11/2019 at 18:36, Palfy said:

Golf is good, thats why we produce so many good golfers from our tiny country.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I think it’s because they are so convinced that they are going to win because of their stance on Brexit, that they don’t have to really care about the daily life’s of the people in this country. 
They are going to get a bloody nose for there utter contempt that they hold for certain parts of our country and services. 

Tories court lying again, with one of there MPs caught settling up a fake door step canvassing campaign, by the press he was trying to impress, if they win does that mean our friends and neighbours can’t be trusted because they are voting for a party that they knowingly no have been proven to lie. 
What does that say about people’s morals and fair play in this country. 

I want to apologise for my comment on Tory voters it was wrong of me to make a connection with Tory voters and there lying MPs and leader, the easiest thing I could have done was to delete my first post, but that wouldn’t have shown how this fake election campaign is angering and splitting the country. 

Why should people who get caught knowingly lying in this election, to try and hoodwink people into voting for them not be thrown out there relative parties and face charges. 

Coward...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50592259

...but unless the polls are miles off (wouldn't be the first time) he's going to get his majority. UK's Trump, I'm really ashamed to be British just now, what is the matter with people? Do they have no compassion or conscience? Let's vote in the nasty party because we'll be OK, screw the poor.

Wonder whether he wrote this before or after contributing an extra little bastard himself. 

“Feeble” and unreliable men were more to blame for the problem than “uppity and irresponsible women”, he suggested.

He goes on about cutting benefits to make things more difficult for single mums which with hindsight is even more sinister if he was targeting the mother of his illegitimate child. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/election-boris-johnson-articles-women-women-journalist-spectator-labour-a9221036.html?fbclid=IwAR1CsKqY0daMh8Dzp-pn737UNazPChvtuRht5pqYxFcC2iPMvbZ0n8efyO0