IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

5 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

That’s mental, I wonder if they ever sit down and take time to consider that with just a small percentage of their wealth, they have the power to change life’s of most of the world’s poorest who live in utter poverty, and they personally wouldn’t know they had even done it. 
This is why we need to get rid of your Trumps and Boris’s of this world and replace them with leaders who have a social conscience. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It really is a matter of life and death.

Bookies reckon about 4/9 on a tory majority and 2/1 on no overall majority. Very tight and they've been wrong recently so we live in hope. Sort of.

I've resigned myself to a Johnson win psychologically because if I didn't the hope would destroy me. Anyway three votes contributed from us just now so it's down to the other forty-six odd million of you. Do the right thing.

Only four candidates in my constituency to choose from the two ladies running the station said it was a very high turnout. 
This was the Ist time in my life I never voted labour I feel very disappointed with myself, but in 2017 election Labour only won 7% of the votes here, so I voted tactically for LibDems in the hope of trying to stop Brexit. 
We need to have proportional representation in this country so that know matter were you live you know your vote will count even if you’re surrounded by a load of pompous Tory twats. 

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We need to have proportional representation in this country so that know matter were you live you know your vote will count even if you’re surrounded by a load of pompous Tory twats. 

No-brainer but it'll never happen because it'd involve Labour and tory MPs doing a "turkeys voting for Christmas" job. FPTP has worked for the two of them for a hundred years and there's no way they'll let that go. It stinks.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

No-brainer but it'll never happen because it'd involve Labour and tory MPs doing a "turkeys voting for Christmas" job. FPTP has worked for the two of them for a hundred years and there's no way they'll let that go. It stinks.

Sadly you are right, so we shall just have to step in line I suppose. 

51 minutes ago, Latchford9 said:

I've still got the image of him at CND rallies wanting unilateral nuclear disarmament when I was in the army in Germany in the 1980's.

Because we've needed the weapons so many times in the last forty years haven't we? How many billions chucked down the toilet?

13 minutes ago, RPG said:

I couldn't vote as I have been disenfranchised but I am very happy that Corbyn not only lost but appears to have ended his political career. For Labour to operate as a credible opposition now they need to rid themselves of Corbyn, Abbott, Mcdonnell and Thornberry.

The markets are loving the exit poll and the £ is rocketing in value.

You have not been disenfranchised at all, you decided to leave the country of your own free will some twenty odd years ago, which by doing so means you voluntarily gave up your right to a vote which would be the same for anyone who chose your course. 

2 minutes ago, RPG said:

You obviously don't understand the defence policy of NATO since WW2. The reason we have not had a war is because of our nuclear deterrent. No nuclear weapons = no deterrent = far higher risk of war. It really is that simple.

Korea, Falklands, Iraqi were they not wars that we were involved in, and you could say maybe the Panama Canal conflict. 

4 minutes ago, RPG said:

No Palfy my old mate you are quite wrong. For the first 15 years after I left UK I still had the vote. I was disenfranchised only after 15 years as an expat. Incidentally, the tory party are looking at reinstating full voting rights for UK expats without any time limit.

Pleased to see some certainty now in UK politics. I believe the same message is also coming put of Brussels. The last thing EU wanted was another hung Parliament.

The law may have changed but that still doesn’t make you disenfranchised, you need to check what it means to be disenfranchised. 

6 minutes ago, RPG said:

Indeed. But Korea did not have nuclear weapons. Falklands was classed as a conflict rather than a war. An exercise in semantics maybe but we still needed to project our power over 8000 miles to regain the Falklands. Iraq, similarly, is a non nuclear state.

The country missing from your list of course is Russia. And the reason it is missing is because we have nuclear weapons and it knows what would happen if ever it launched first. Ergo, nuclear deterrence works. Conventional skirmishes will always happen but you cannot 'uninvent' technology so thete has to be nuclear parity. Various treaties have been signed to reduce the number of warheads each side has, which in turn reduces costs. But a deterrent really is necessary.

Revisit your first comment which you clearly stated, that since WW2, we have not had a war because of our nuclear deterrent, wrong. 
Now I’m going to disenfranchise you and not discuss with you further. 

19 minutes ago, RPG said:

We have avoided nuclear war. If you read all my posts you will also see that I stated conventional conflicts will always occur. Since we can't 'uninvent' nuclear weapons it becomes vital that we have nuclear parity. To do otherwise is foolhardy.

Yes you did when you started back tracking on your first post, which was shown to be in factual, that’s why so many don’t like debating with you on here, you can never admit when you’re wrong, you would rather lie or try and move the goalposts. 
Honestly you’re such a fucking dick mate it’s embarrassing to watch you squirm your way around to try and prove you are never wrong. 

Labour missed an open goal and its all on Corbyn. With almost anyone else in charge we would have seen a very different result.

Lib Dems were hurt by tactical voting and some very large tactical errors. If they had campaigned on a second referendum instead of revoking A50 they probably would have done a lot better.

i cant believe that voters think Boris is the answer. Tories lied in 88% of their online ads. You have shit in your own bed and now you will have to lie in it. 

11 hours ago, MikeO said:

Ah fuck.

Was always going to happen, this was basically just the Brexit referendum mark 2 but with parties involved. The general population couldn’t be trusted the first time around but when it came to the GE, their frustration and blind ignorance over Brexit overcame party loyalty or long term vision. GB wants a dictator, it’s going to get one and it all started with the fucking referendum. This is as much on leave voters as it is conservative voters. 

I am glad that the Lib Dem’s failed miserably in their attempt to buy a vote, and that the SNP did well enough that it might get its indyref2 - didn’t agree with the first one but having seeing what it’s like when a foreign government “leading” a union is actually dictating for the other countries, I’d want to leave too. 

DUP another that’s suffered from dealing with the devil too it seems.