IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

On 03/04/2020 at 19:23, RPG said:

So, you are in Australia, yet I get flak for commenting on UK Issues from Dubai and told that I I should regrain from comments as I am not directly affected, while you are twice as far away from UK as me. Classy!

Show me one time I have criticised you for having an opinion on UK politics. 

We ALL comment on US politics and only about 3ish of us are from there, the reason we're on here is because we're opinionated!

I demand a retraction!

On 04/04/2020 at 00:03, RPG said:

I'll give you that one. My post could have been clearer. Blair criticised Brown as PM but I will certainly criticise him as Chancellor for his £100 billion raid on pensions. Lots of people will never forgive him for that.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1531448/Browns-raid-on-pensions-costs-Britain-100-billion.html

factcheck says no.

"But to suggest that he 'comprehensively, single-handedly destroyed' the nations pensions is an absurd exaggeration."

https://www.channel4.com/news/articles/business_money/factcheck+did+gordon+destroy+our+pensions/171020.html

On 05/04/2020 at 01:06, MikeO said:

As I said I don't know much about him just going on his demeanour really, hope I'm wrong and you're right.

He was the Director of Public Prosecutions so I have no doubt he's a mad dog in a scrap, he also might come across as a bit posh but his mum was a nurse and his dad a fitter and turner so his soul is fundamentally purer than his opponents ;) 

10 hours ago, Chach said:

Show me one time I have criticised you for having an opinion on UK politics. 

We ALL comment on US politics and only about 3ish of us are from there, the reason we're on here is because we're opinionated!

I demand a retraction!

I’m on here because firstly I’m an Evertonian and secondly I’m opinionated, and thirdly argumentative. 

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/mps-given-an-extra-10000-to-work-from-home/09/04/?fbclid=IwAR13W4HkEzGYrNi72YO7w3B4VLECRBh2nsIzslLEIxbQVM6jPukD-CttNf4

MPs to get £10k to help them work from home. Baffling as they can already claim for laptops etc. Why on earth would they need £10k extra when everyone else only gets £4 a week to cover the costs of working from home (if they bother to claim it via Self Assessment). 

I re-watched Howard's Way yesterday. It's obviously primarily about football but there's a clear political back story that anyone from Merseyside should have a think about, especially if they've ever thought of/have voted Tory (not that I'm a local I admit). A must watch on many levels.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

That was obvious that is what the Tories wanted, not just to be out of the EU but also to try and not deal with them at all. 

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/health/coronavirus/hospital-nurses-refuse-work-over-lack-ppe-leeds-after-colleague-dies-2547578?fbclid=IwAR3_OQHODbskMR3Tw557AuRgkRede0P3RgoOeLQdWnwyHpNmoKF28zzX81Q

I hope no one blames any nurse for refusing to put their own life at stake. If you know anyone who dies because of this blame the government and if you voted tory blame yourself.