IGNORED

Chelsea (League Cup away) - Wednesday 25th October

FairWooney

46 minutes ago, Paddock said:

If we are accepting as given that Chelseas second and third string players canbeat our first team then we are absolutey fucked. Only Cahill Willian and Zappacosta get anywhere near their first team regular the rest are not even subs a lot of the time.

I’m not jumping on Unsworth here, I’m not stupid, I know he wont turn it round in a couple of days but the Echo being proud of the defeat and some fans accepting it as the norm is fucking outrageous it really is. We should have looked at that last night as an opportunity to get some belief back in the squad and a chance to progress in a cup- instread we’re patting ourselves on the back for getting beat by Chelsea reserves.

They had Cahill, Zappacosta, Rudiger, Willian, Batshuayi, Christiannsen and Drinkwater who could all be considered first teasers and would walk into our side. Then they also brought on 3 Spanish internationals to see the game out. Even Musonda would probably start for us most weeks.

Most of that side is better than 75% of the rest of the league. Potentially it's a better side then Leicester. 

Lighten up you miserable cunt! 😀

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

They had Cahill, Zappacosta, Rudiger, Willian, Batshuayi, Christiannsen and Drinkwater who could all be considered first teasers and would walk into our side. Then they also brought on 3 Spanish internationals to see the game out. Even Musonda would probably start for us most weeks.

Most of that side is better than 75% of the rest of the league. Potentially it's a better side then Leicester. 

Lighten up you miserable cunt! 😀

It was Drinkwaters debut which tells you alls you need to know about the team they had out. It’s not the point that we got beat it’s the fact people are accepting it because it was a better performance.. If we’re happy losing to Chelsea rezzies regardless of who’s in the side we may as well accept being shite for ever.

12 minutes ago, Paddock said:

It was Drinkwaters debut which tells you alls you need to know about the team they had out. It’s not the point that we got beat it’s the fact people are accepting it because it was a better performance.. If we’re happy losing to Chelsea rezzies regardless of who’s in the side we may as well accept being shite for ever.

It was McCarthys first game back for us too! Tells you all about our team too.

I’m with Pad on this one. This can’t and shouldn’t be hailed as any sort of success. There were some improvements in part (second half) but  we lost and are out of one of the 2 competitions we’ve got/had any chance of salvaging our season from. Im pleased Koemans gone but we can’t look at all positives in the game without critiquing everything the same as we did with all of Koemans performances. Still no focal point to our attack and it will cost us badly this season. 

3 minutes ago, Paddock said:

The point being- would it of been like that if we’d played Chelseas first 11 or would we of got twatted like we have last set of games Newts?

Honestly, what do you think would have happened? It’s not a game we should be puffing our chests out over is alls I’m saying.

From my point of view, and from what I get from the others here, is that it's not so much "puffing our chests out" but just being pleased that there was "something" there rather than nothing in terms of our style of play.

With regards to would it have been like that if we played their first 11...no idea...because we wouldn't have started with the same 11. I'm pretty sure Lennon, McCarthy, one of Jags/Williams, Beni, and possibly Kenny and Mirallas, wouldn't have started.

I don't think it was treat as a top priority game because of the circumstances we are in.

For what it's worth, I think if we played that game under Koeman last night, we would have passed a lot slower, made less challenges, created next to no chances, had hardly a shot on goal and looked much more lethargic. Basically, we would have got twatted.

7 hours ago, barryj said:

I’m with Pad on this one. This can’t and shouldn’t be hailed as any sort of success. There were some improvements in part (second half) but  we lost and are out of one of the 2 competitions we’ve got/had any chance of salvaging our season from. Im pleased Koemans gone but we can’t look at all positives in the game without critiquing everything the same as we did with all of Koemans performances. Still no focal point to our attack and it will cost us badly this season. 

He has had 1 training session FFS. What exactly are you expecting? 

If we still had Koeman in charge we would have got dicked like normal. At least we showed we can defend and in the 2nd half we showed we could actually create chances against a largely 1st team back 5 and DM.  

Considering that we improved that much in just 2 days, it was a success. It's not going to win us a trophy but hopefully it gives the lads some confidence and we can finally kick on and make something of this season.

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He has had 1 training session FFS. What exactly are you expecting? 

If we still had Koeman in charge we would have got dicked like normal. At least we showed we can defend and in the 2nd half we showed we could actually create chances against a largely 1st team back 5 and DM.  

Considering that we improved that much in just 2 days, it was a success. It's not going to win us a trophy but hopefully it gives the lads some confidence and we can finally kick on and make something of this season.

We didn’t improve THAT much though Baily, we looked better because we played their reserves plain and simple yet we still lost. Nobody expected him to make that much a difference, it’s the “honourable defeat” shouts that have irked me- it wasn’t an honourable defeat it was a defeat against a much much weakened Chelsea 11- that’s it, nothing more nothing less- nothing at all to be pleased with.

31 minutes ago, Paddock said:

We didn’t improve THAT much though Baily, we looked better because we played their reserves plain and simple yet we still lost. Nobody expected him to make that much a difference, it’s the “honourable defeat” shouts that have irked me- it wasn’t an honourable defeat it was a defeat against a much much weakened Chelsea 11- that’s it, nothing more nothing less- nothing at all to be pleased with.

Yes we did. We were so much more organised. I don't think they had a clear chance from open play, they came from corners. They still played Willian and Batshuayi and they barely had a sniff most of the game. The midfield was far more organised, they worked as a unit not as individuals. 

We also broke forward more. Both Kenny and Baines got over the half way line. We have barely done that against shite teams let alone away at Chelsea. 

41 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Yes we did. We were so much more organised. I don't think they had a clear chance from open play, they came from corners. They still played Willian and Batshuayi and they barely had a sniff most of the game. The midfield was far more organised, they worked as a unit not as individuals. 

We also broke forward more. Both Kenny and Baines got over the half way line. We have barely done that against shite teams let alone away at Chelsea. 

Exactly. Plus, It's not like Chelsea's policy over the last 10 years has been to hord the best up and coming talent from around the world or anything either....