IGNORED

Favorite game of the past decade

Favorite game of the past decade  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite?

• 17-18: Everton 4 - 0 West Ham (H) Rooney hat trick/worldie, Unsy last game
    • 16-17: Everton 4 - 0 Man City (H) Davies and Lookman
    • 15-16: Everton 2 - 1 Man City (H) League Cup Semis Rom '78 winner
    • 14-15: Everton 2 - 1 Dynamo Kyiv (H) Europa Rd of 16 Rom '82 winner
    • 13-14: Everton 1 - 0 Man Utd (A) Oviedo 86'
    • 12-13: Everton 2 - 1 Spurs (H) Pienaar '90 and Jelavic in added time
    • 11-12: Everton 4 - 4 Man Utd (A) Fellaini 67' and Pienaar 85' to equalize
    • 10-11: Everton 3 - 3 Man Utd (A) Cahill and Arteta in added time
    • 09-10: Everton 3 - 1 Man Utd (H) Gosling 76' Rodwell 90'
    • 08-09: Everton 1 - 0 Liverpool 4th rd FA Cup replay (H) Gosling winner 118'

Has to be the Gosling goal for me, even though I was one of many watching ads when it went in; actually in a way that made it even more memorable, getting really pissed because of the interruption for it to cut back to the celebration. Just thought "what the fuck happened:o".

1 minute ago, tonkaroost said:

Went with the match with the Oviedo goal against United. I loved his passion, and it was nice to get one over Moyes at that time.  

Yeah I think my response would probably have been different had I been lucky enough to be at any of those games so that's understandable.

The game that I still look back on with disbelief was 13/14 season Everton 3-0 Arsenal, we out played and out passed the best total football team in the league we made them look mediocre they couldn't get the ball off us we were better than Brazil that day, and under Wenger I'd never seen a team before or after that game dominate Arsenal as we did that day the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up just thinking about it.

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

None of the above - easily Everton vs Fiorentina - one of the best games I’ve ever been to.

We were incredible - we eventually lost on penalties but had it not been for their keeper, Frey, then we’d have won by 4 or 5. Goodison was rocking that night.

Great shout, that was a cracking game!

16 hours ago, London Blue said:

I would vote for the 3 - 0 win at home to Arsenal in Martinez's first season in charge. We absolutely battered them with some of the finest football I have ever seen us play. I remember Seamus doing keep up's past their left back as we went on another rampaging attack. Great game.

Yes. This was also an excellent game, and we played brilliant football.