IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

I really hope it’s not that cookie-cutter, generic thing in the link

It’s going to be that, too many links for it not to be. 

I’m sure it’ll look much better when the official renderings are released and in the flesh. 

55 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m sure it’ll look much better when the official renderings are released and in the flesh. 

It may look prettier but it will be a massive disappointment if true. Going from an iconic stadium to a copy/paste “modern” design is not how i would describe an exciting proposal, especially in such a historical setting

3 hours ago, StevO said:

I was thinking the same. Too many leaks of that image. 

I do t think it’s bad at all though, but I see what Matts saying, we we’re being happy told we were going to have something groundbreaking to live up our illustrious history.

So unless you see it rise up from under the water of the docks when needed, Thunderbirds style, then it’s very much the same design of many others.

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I do t think it’s bad at all though, but I see what Matts saying, we we’re being happy told we were going to have something groundbreaking to live up our illustrious history.

So unless you see it rise up from under the water of the docks when needed, Thunderbirds style, then it’s very much the same design of many others.

It’s not just that though. You only need to look at the Echo arena to see how shitty it looks around the docks. These modern designs do not age well at all

I like what I’ve seen of the inside, I like how each stand is different but still looks like the same stadium. I like the roof at the same height all around. I like that one end is massive and the other small. 

I’m not that bothered about the outside, Goodison has been a shit hole on the outside and inside pretty much all my life. If it feels good when I get there I’m not bothered about the looks.

I completely agree with what Matt says about modern designs ageing badly. I’ve got a lot of trust in Meis to make it work though. 

Fully prepared for 26th July and half the fan base hate it. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I like what I’ve seen of the inside, I like how each stand is different but still looks like the same stadium. I like the roof at the same height all around. I like that one end is massive and the other small. 

I’m not that bothered about the outside, Goodison has been a shit hole on the outside and inside pretty much all my life. If it feels good when I get there I’m not bothered about the looks.

I completely agree with what Matt says about modern designs ageing badly. I’ve got a lot of trust in Meis to make it work though. 

Fully prepared for 26th July and half the fan base hate it. 

I’ve got faith in Meis too, but when I keep seeing these stock images I do get nervous. 

Dont agree about Goodison. I love that it’s a bit battered and run down, it shows character and history. The facelift it’s had in recent years has been very much welcomed though :lol: 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Leaks? That image was IIRC posted by the club at the very beginning of the process. And that's still the only picture from the outside there is.

Just had a look back and Meis said the stadium will be “brickwork, wood and panels in a contemporary way”

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2018/4/3/17193150/everton-new-stadium-dan-meis-design-details-fan-workshops-lucas-oil-stadium-brick-construction

Rather a stadium that fits in with the area than a contemporary design but happy it's confirmed to me brick at least, those pics had me worried. 

17 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Just had a look back and Meis said the stadium will be “brickwork, wood and panels in a contemporary way”

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2018/4/3/17193150/everton-new-stadium-dan-meis-design-details-fan-workshops-lucas-oil-stadium-brick-construction

Rather a stadium that fits in with the area than a contemporary design but happy it's confirmed to me brick at least, those pics had me worried. 

I wanted the Lucas oil design straight from the off.... looks class. The article is over 1 year old though. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’m too excited to see it, but I’m liking how they are handling it all so far. Giving time scales, sticking to them, lot of information and lots of feedback. 

Between Colin Chong, Denise and Dan Meis, I seem to trust them.