IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Goodison future from Denise B-B..

Denise says the legacy proposal is a £100m civic inheritance project that will build on the existing facilities in the shadow of Goodison Park, including The Everton Free School, The People's Hub, The Blue Base and planned People's Place.

The site of Goodison Park will be "transformed" to include new homes "developed under a scheme that would explore new ways to make them available to residents who, otherwise, may never [be] able to afford their own homes."

The plans also include a health zone, education zone, sheltered accommodation, leisure and retail facilities, and a tribute garden to feature the existing centre circle and other areas of the Goodison pitch. 

"There will always be somewhere where Evertonians can take children and grandchildren to share their Goodison memories,' says Denise to widespread applause.

Keeping the centre circle is a great idea!

So different to a certain other club that just gets residents forced to sell their homes instead. 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

it’s going to look so cheap in 5-10 years time... very disappointed 

Why Matt? The chrome effect etc? 

I genuinely like it I wasn't to keen looking at the first picture but since seeing the full scope of it I really like it, modern yet fitting with the dock 

I actually think it will be the opposite to what you think when the modern buildings etc go up around it it will blend into the surroundings more.... hopefully 

Tin pot roof with a window that looks closer to what I'd expect the next terminal at Heathrow to look. Gutted they've not gone for a stadium closer to his US red brick one. 

On a positive at least the inside all looks to be spot on, fans near the pitch and steep, even though the seats are joined out doesn't look like a bowl. 

Just now, EFC-Paul said:

I genuinely like it I wasn't to keen looking at the first picture but since seeing the full scope of it I really like it, modern yet fitting with the dock 

I actually think it will be the opposite to what you think when the modern buildings etc go up around it it will blend into the surroundings more.... hopefully 

I do appreciate the attempt to incorporate the history of the area with modern stadiums, but literally looks like any other trash can modern day bowl stadium plastered with a bit of fake wall. Good intent, shite execution. Time will tell, but that’s an echo arena with some red brick stickers on to me. 

4 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Was just about to say maybe if it was next to the echo but Matt's basically already said the same.

Just now, StevO said:

The website says “brick base of the stadium” 

The Archibald Leitch Goodison truss will be woven into brick pattern on exterior of the Bramley Moore. From the subtle touches like this to the wow factor of the CGI, this stadium has the potential to be stunning and, as we expect, truly iconic #BramleyMoore

Multiple sources starting brick and it can't be judged on execution until it's actually built and executed..... I get it's not everyone's cup of tea though 

Just now, Newty82 said:

Genuinely...does it say it's a plastic facade? I'm loving it being based on real brick that will blend it in with the warehouse surroundings. Herŕitage and all that.

It looks like it in the video. Parts would be real brickwork (ie the presumed hotels etc) but most would be panels. Might just be shite visuals, but panels say fake to me

It’s never going to please everyone but I think it’s looks fucking top drawer. Just showed my stepdad who brought me up as a blue at four years old. He’s 75 in bad health through MS and he thought it was amazing and then said shame I won’t see it. This is the first draft, we have to remember what else will be built around it. Hotels, retail, ferry terminal. It really is the dream boys and girls. 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

It looks like it in the video. Parts would be real brickwork (ie the presumed hotels etc) but most would be panels. Might just be shite visuals, but panels say fake to me

Ah right. I can't tell any of the materials from a cartoon mate. The sides could be cardboard and the roof made out of recycled milk bottles from that clip.

I'm just trusting that they're not.

The stadium is made up of four distinctive stands including a large steep home stand to the south that will house 13,000 Evertonians on matchdays. Supporters will be as close to the action as regulations permit as the Club seeks to capture and amplify the intensity and intimacy of Goodison Park in this modern arena.

The design of both North and South stand lower tiers will make it easy to adopt rail seating and, should legislation change in the future, they could also be converted into areas for safe standing offering supporters optionality and flexibility in the future.

2 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

It’s never going to please everyone but I think it’s looks fucking top drawer. Just showed my stepdad who brought me up as a blue at four years old. He’s 75 in bad health through MS and he thought it was amazing and then said shame I won’t see it. This is the first draft, we have to remember what else will be built around it. Hotels, retail, ferry terminal. It really is the dream boys and girls. 

Fucking hell I hope he does!