IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

13 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I love it, the concept is great, its going to look amazing.

For those who don't like it, I can appreciate that taste is a personal thing, and the new stadium was never going to make everyone happy.

But please do me and yourselves a favour, and do the following 3 things:

1) Have a look at the Destination Kirkby video below.

2) Now look at the proposed new stadium video again

3) Go to the closest mirror, and have a word with yourself.

What a shit tip that would’ve been. Thank you to everyone that put the effort in to stop that. 

3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Talksport haven’t put the story up yet. Surprise surprise. Sky did a piece and the bellend said it was like Fulham only bigger?? What the fuck are these people doing? 

BBC reported it and Goodison, BramleyMoore and Mersey were all trending on Twitter UK (Boris wasn't).

30 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Why Pete? Obviously we all have our own opionions like but what massive opportunity have we missed?

Given it's placement we had the opportunity to make something iconic. Something to join one of the most famous sky lines in the world and we've just put an airport window on the side of a saucepan. For me they should have stayed traditional and fit for the surroundings. They've gone modern though which they'd get away with if it was blow your socks off good but it doesn't scream special to me. No wow factor and won't age well. 

17 minutes ago, London Blue said:

For those who don't like it, I can appreciate that taste is a personal thing, and the new stadium was never going to make everyone happy.

Now look at the Kings Dock and weep. 

33 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Massive opportunity pissed down the river. 

8 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Matt didn’t like it from the offset, said about the false brickwork. He then said it goes against the flow? I must be missing something 😂

I assumed it was a play on words in relation to this.

I used to live in Manchester. Few miles away from the richest club in the world Man City. Who has been near that ground? It’s a fucking shit hole. There is nothing around it bar an Asda and a tram station. There’s one huge old arse pub that’s it. There’s no trains near it no place for kids to play. It’s on its arse. Granted they don’t worry about that stuff. But this is monumental for our club our kids their kids and the whole of Merseyside. Maybe we will bicker about the bricks or whatever but think about what this means to our whole history and our future.

8 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I used to live in Manchester. Few miles away from the richest club in the world Man City. Who has been near that ground? It’s a fucking shit hole. There is nothing around it bar an Asda and a tram station. There’s one huge old arse pub that’s it. There’s no trains near it no place for kids to play. It’s on its arse. Granted they don’t worry about that stuff. But this is monumental for our club our kids their kids and the whole of Merseyside. Maybe we will bicker about the bricks or whatever but think about what this means to our whole history and our future.

Before city was there all they had was that Asda! City/the shieks have been brilliant for that area. They were ahead of us community wise when I started uni there about 12 years ago. 

4 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Pete your missing the point. The water front is the iconic bit. It goes without saying. This was never about us dominating the skyline. It’s about us settling right in where we belong. The rest will come and the skyline will strech long and far now 

For me that stadium doesn't suit the skyline, it won't blend in. Not quite the eyesores that have popped up like the echo and the Liverpool museum but still I wanted the club to be part of the skyline naturally rather than stand out for the wrong reasons. 

28 minutes ago, pete0 said:

For me that stadium doesn't suit the skyline, it won't blend in. Not quite the eyesores that have popped up like the echo and the Liverpool museum but still I wanted the club to be part of the skyline naturally rather than stand out for the wrong reasons. 

What natural skyline, the sites a fucking derelict wasteland.  

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Comparing shit against potentially a rounded version of shit? I grant you the latest shite promo has a bit more water but dude, speak to yourself!

48 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

enlighten me why it stands out for the wrong reasons?

When you go past the walls it's impressive the heritage stands out. Seems a shame to just build a tin pot with a terminal window. 

I was wanting something closer to this. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brick-house-that-meis-built-13133057.amp

44 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Pete have you been back there since you have left uni? There is fuck all else around apart from the academy that sells all the young players and the woman’s ground. That’s it?  Its all old industrial area with nothing that connects the club to Manchester 

I worked there in the boxes when I was a student. Most the workers there were local kids and happy the stadium was there. 

Just speaking to a friend in the ps4 to lives nearby and he said they've done loads build a college and made cycle of lanes being the things he can think of off the top of his head. 

32 minutes ago, London Blue said:

What natural skyline, the sites a fucking derelict wasteland.  

The buildings next to it. 

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Comparing shit against potentially a rounded version of shit? I grant you the latest shite promo has a bit more water but dude, speak to yourself!

Matt, got all the respect in the world for you mate, but you cant compare the two.

Kirkby was a cheap Bolton stadium carbon copy, situated miles from Liverpool, or anything that resembled civilisation.

Our proposed new home is on the banks of the Mersy, it will help regenerate the whole area, while the stadium itself has the fans seated close to the pitch, in high banked stands that will help preserve our atmosphere. 

In my opinion the design is going to be iconic, and compliment the tower already there. Remember that this is just the first design and there will be some changes. 

Realistically this is as good as it gets, and to me it looks pretty damn good.

Oh and Dude?  Matt are you channeling Borris or something? If so seek help now 😱

16 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

That’s all they’ve done though. I’m not saying your point is wrong. But around the ground there is nothing. U can’t park, there’s the Asda and the tram station that’s it. 

7 minutes ago, London Blue said:

You mean the derelict abandoned buildings?

What did you want Pete, the Birdsnest Stadium nestled in the hanging gardens of Babylon?

More the one with the two birds on top. 

Titanic hotel is brilliant, they converted an old building next to where Everton are moving and the atmosphere is worth the extra penny to stay there even though its in a derelict industrial estate, it manages to be classy. Meis Everton stadium is far from classy, far from taking the best from the area. Whetherspoons respect heritage sites more. 

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

More the one with the two birds on top. 

Titanic hotel is brilliant, they converted an old building next to where Everton are moving and the atmosphere is worth the extra penny to stay there even though its in a derelict industrial estate, it manages to be classy. Meis Everton stadium is far from classy, far from taking the best from the area. Whetherspoons respect heritage sites more. 

Pete, on Bramley Moor Dock there is nothing to convert, its an empty site, there is just the old tower, which we are keeping.

I give Whetherspoons credit for preserving our architectural heritage, their chairman is a twat though.