IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

57 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Pete, on Bramley Moor Dock there is nothing to convert, its an empty site, there is just the old tower, which we are keeping.

I give Whetherspoons credit for preserving our architectural heritage, their chairman is a twat though.

They're keeping the walls and converting the tower. But they're then building a big shell on top of it. Be more fitting to build with similar materials and style. 

Completely agree on Mr brexit. 

54 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Your contradicting yourself to death pal. I can’t take u seriously. Your talking about about a hotel that u think is classy that you’ve stayed at but u think an image that you have seen on a screen about the ground  isn’t classy ? 

No idea what's contradictory about it. The stadium is gonna be modern, Titanic hotel is timeless. Would you rather have a Swiss watch or an apple one? Bear in mind the watch will be on your wrist for the next 100 years. 

I’m sure you’ll still turn up to watch the match.

im sure for the last 127 years people didn’t moan too much that Goodison wasn’t very pretty on the outside, or in the same materials at the buildings that were around it on each rebuild. 

By the time we are in there everyone will love it. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

More the one with the two birds on top. 

Titanic hotel is brilliant, they converted an old building next to where Everton are moving and the atmosphere is worth the extra penny to stay there even though its in a derelict industrial estate, it manages to be classy. Meis Everton stadium is far from classy, far from taking the best from the area. Whetherspoons respect heritage sites more. 

I don’t think it mattered what it looked like I could have guessed before today you would like it. 

15 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m sure you’ll still turn up to watch the match.

im sure for the last 127 years people didn’t moan too much that Goodison wasn’t very pretty on the outside, or in the same materials at the buildings that were around it on each rebuild. 

By the time we are in there everyone will love it. 

I'll still go. Goodison is a historic ground, the wooden seats might creek a little but it's or it should be a must visit sports stadium. First for so many things, intimate, and even stuck behind a pillar most away fans all have visited goodison say good things even though they got beat and were stuck behind a pillar. Goodison has magic, that proposed new stadium doesn't inspire me. I don't think it'll find a soul easily. 

You're right though I'll still be there. And I'll be appreciating not having my view obstructed! 

8 minutes ago, barryj said:

I don’t think it mattered what it looked like I could have guessed before today you would like it. 

From the initial leaked images I said I was worried. Had been hoping got the baseball ground. 

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'll still go. Goodison is a historic ground, the wooden seats might creek a little but it's or it should be a must visit sports stadium. First for so many things, intimate, and even stuck behind a pillar most away fans all have visited goodison say good things even though they got beat and were stuck behind a pillar. Goodison has magic, that proposed new stadium doesn't inspire me. I don't think it'll find a soul easily. 

You're right though I'll still be there. And I'll be appreciating not having my view obstructed! 

From the initial leaked images I said I was worried. Had been hoping got the baseball ground. 

See, you pretty much love it already Pete 😂

Can't understand any dissatisfaction.  Think it looks fantastic, like a world class stadium.  Blends old and new very well.

Capacity is a little disappointing, but can understand it and will take them at their word re: ability to increase.  Anyone know if the change to safe standing would have any immediate impact on capacity, or will still be 52k?

image.thumb.png.a6bb789eaf4aba761f28ef495833ba91.png

I think it's incredible and I'm particularly pleased with Dan Meis' enthusiasm for the whole project. It seems to have really made an impression on his career so far. They way his firm is collaborating with the club sounds really constructive and seeing them prioritize the repurposing of Goodison just makes it all the more impressive. 

I don't think I expected to see a reflecting pool in any of these renderings; I'm genuinely surprised for the most part and surprise itself is so rare. In a way I probably expected to be underwhelmed but this definitely isn't boring. I really love the lattice work and the fact that it's visible from most vantage points. It seems both elegant and grounded. 

9 hours ago, London Blue said:

Matt, got all the respect in the world for you mate, but you cant compare the two.

Kirkby was a cheap Bolton stadium carbon copy, situated miles from Liverpool, or anything that resembled civilisation.

Our proposed new home is on the banks of the Mersy, it will help regenerate the whole area, while the stadium itself has the fans seated close to the pitch, in high banked stands that will help preserve our atmosphere. 

In my opinion the design is going to be iconic, and compliment the tower already there. Remember that this is just the first design and there will be some changes. 

Realistically this is as good as it gets, and to me it looks pretty damn good.

Oh and Dude?  Matt are you channeling Borris or something? If so seek help now 😱

Sorry man, got a stomach bug so I’m not in the best of moods.

still don’t like the design though. I just hope it looks better in reality and doesn’t end up as an eyesore like the echo arena 

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sorry man, got a stomach bug so I’m not in the best of moods.

still don’t like the design though. I just hope it looks better in reality and doesn’t end up as an eyesore like the echo arena 

No worries mate, 40 degrees heat and stomach bug is not a good combo. Hope you feel better. 

8 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Thanks mate. 

However, it does confirm my fears of the brick facade at exterior east and southeast, west too. Wonder why we don’t have all the exterior options?

also looks very smart but small inside, but I concede that judging scale on a few photos is pointless. 

I do like the window overlooking the water though. 

16 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Pete have you been back there since you have left uni? There is fuck all else around apart from the academy that sells all the young players and the woman’s ground. That’s it?  Its all old industrial area with nothing that connects the club to Manchester 

I pass it every day and couldn't disagree more. There's the National Cycling Centre, the Manchester Tennis Centre, SportCity Living, The East Manchester Leisure Centre. The houses on Ashton Old Road and Ashton New Road have all been regenerated. The area around the Ashton Canal has all been done up - lovely cycle rides through historic Manchester. Without the investment at the Etihad, none of that would have happened.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

Honestly the picture you quoted (not the hospital) was the only thing that I loved

I like the idea it's just too imbedded in my head to associate a viewing window with an airport.

Just don't get how we hire the guy who made Miller Park infusing the stadium with the heritage and end up with a modernised airport lounge. I don't see any inspiration from docks or Liverpools history other than a token red brick wall either end and a small nod to Goodison with the lattice but that's not enough to hide the fact it's a generic stadium that could easily be any other clubs. We had a huge chance to show our identity yet could easily be mistaken for a science museum by an unknowing tourist.