IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I’m sat here after just dropping him off at his mums house just made up. We really are the people’s club. One of the women doing the tour was older than dust. She didn’t half know her stuff. Got to sit on mr morishi’s seat aswell. Had a look down the back. Fuck all there 

I guess its more difficult to loose a briefcase stuffed full of cash down the back of a sofa rather than 50p! 😂

4 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I’m sat here after just dropping him off at his mums house just made up. We really are the people’s club. One of the women doing the tour was older than dust. She didn’t half know her stuff. Got to sit on mr morishi’s seat aswell. Had a look down the back. Fuck all there 

You should have checked behind Bill's seat instead.

We did the legends tour with Sharpie about three years ago, fantastic time, was surprised to see he's not that tall considering how good in the air he was, really nice guy to talk to also, welcomed all sort a of questions, then saw him again a few days later in a pub in Mold where he was having lunch with his family, it was nice to see he wasn't being pestered by anyone also.

I did it as a kid, not sure what year it was but I tried on Mikel Madar’s shirt. 

Dave Hickson gave the tour, I had no idea who he was but he was such a nice fella. Spoke with such enthusiasm. My Dad was in awe of him. I’ve got a photo somewhere of me, my dad and Hickson. Should have it in a frame in the house really. 

Cannot recommend the Sportsaid experience enough. It’s a bit pricy, but being welcomed into the changing room and seeing your name on the shirt, walking down the tunnel and playing on the turf... seeing you dad score one from one shot and chance... priceless. @MikeO can I send you the photos? I was never able to upload them (in the FootballAid thread if possible)?

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Cannot recommend the Sportsaid experience enough. It’s a bit pricy, but being welcomed into the changing room and seeing your name on the shirt, walking down the tunnel and playing on the turf... seeing you dad score one from one shot and chance... priceless. @MikeO can I send you the photos? I was never able to upload them (in the FootballAid thread if possible)?

Course you can Matt, either PM or email me (I'll pm you my address).

I'd love to do it but breathing issues mean I'd be done after 30 secs at most!

I was lucky enough to play their last summer (the day before my birthday) in front of my family and best mate. 

I agreed to play 15 minutes in each half with rolling subs as I’m not as fit as I used to be. Ended up playing about 65/70 mins due to injuries. I think the adrenaline got me though. Went out for dinner afterwards and fell asleep in the middle of eating at the bar and grille on Castle street. Worth it though. 

here in america when a classic iconic stadium is demolished or shut down, fans sneak in and steal seats, signs, or anything to help them remember the place.  i have friends who have seats from the original cleveland browns stadium, they are like a trophy to them (2 seats).  

will scousers be raiding goodison to do something similar?  i understand it will be undergoing renovations and the like, but i do wonder if people will sneak in to get their artifacts.

36 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

here in america when a classic iconic stadium is demolished or shut down, fans sneak in and steal seats, signs, or anything to help them remember the place.  i have friends who have seats from the original cleveland browns stadium, they are like a trophy to them (2 seats).  

will scousers be raiding goodison to do something similar?  i understand it will be undergoing renovations and the like, but i do wonder if people will sneak in to get their artifacts.

I don't think that's likely. Arsenal sold patches of turf when they left Highbury but that was all legal and above board, we shouldn't be ransacking Goodison with such a quality legacy plan in place.

45 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Only trophy’s they’re gonna get being CB fans...

:P 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Wonder if that will still happen now that cameras are everywhere including everyone's pockets.  

55 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I don't think that's likely. Arsenal sold patches of turf when they left Highbury but that was all legal and above board, we shouldn't be ransacking Goodison with such a quality legacy plan in place.

good point you could do it legally, sell the stuff to raise funds for the goodison renovations.  

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

Only trophy’s they’re gonna get being CB fans...

:P 

who is your NFL team?  we are stacked this year, i'm going to the home opener with my brother, first Browns game i'll be at in person in my life.  I'm excited.  i"ve been a fan all my life just never been able to afford a ticket.  Brother's wife got them for him for christmas for them to go.  She's pregnant now, she doesn't want to be around a bunch of drunk people.  in steps MJB to take the ticket off her hands :)  

16 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Wonder if that will still happen now that cameras are everywhere including everyone's pockets.  

i don't know that the teams or cities ever really cared.  for a lot of stadiums the last game they have at the stadium people rip stuff out and take it with them on the way out.  or when the close the stadium to demolish it, people sneak in.  construction workers are paid to tear it down, they aren't worried about some people stealing signs and the like.  i doubt police are bothered when people are being shot in the streets.  not harming anyone really to take a sign.

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i don't know that the teams or cities ever really cared.  for a lot of stadiums the last game they have at the stadium people rip stuff out and take it with them on the way out.  or when the close the stadium to demolish it, people sneak in.  construction workers are paid to tear it down, they aren't worried about some people stealing signs and the like.  i doubt police are bothered when people are being shot in the streets.  not harming anyone really to take a sign.

But we're not destroying a stadium, we're keeping it alive.

11 minutes ago, StevO said:

I hope they sell the seats, first choice to season ticket holders to buy their own seat. I’d love to put mine in my garden, mounted to a wall. 

I would like to take my seat, been in it 20 years so I think I've more then payed for it, but I also wouldn't begrudge paying a few pounds for it as long as the cash went to a charity.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

What a testament to the people of Liverpool blue or red, I was born in Newcastle raised in Swindon which I’m proud of, but it pails into significant to the feelings I get being an Everton supporter, for me there’s nothing better it’s magical.