IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

I like the idea it's just too imbedded in my head to associate a viewing window with an airport.

Just don't get how we hire the guy who made Miller Park infusing the stadium with the heritage and end up with a modernised airport lounge. I don't see any inspiration from docks or Liverpools history other than a token red brick wall either end and a small nod to Goodison with the lattice but that's not enough to hide the fact it's a generic stadium that could easily be any other clubs. We had a huge chance to show our identity yet could easily be mistaken for a science museum by an unknowing tourist. 

Anyone else not surprised Pete didn’t like it? 😂

I've watched the video about 10 times and It's growing on me. I'm an architect myself and let me tell you, these animations are not of greatest quality. Interiors in particular look a bit dull, but that's definitely something they will iron out in the final stages of the development, because it's not of highest priority right now. Exterior look very good. I would have liked a little less details though, as I count myself a minimalist, but that's more of a personal taste. The design will look times better when it's being build. I'm exited.

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

I'm not a betting man, but I would have put my house on PeteO not liking it. Unless everyone else didn't like it, then he would have liked it!!!

Said from the off I wanted an industrial style stadium blending in with the surrounding. The Miller Park one got be excited for what they could do. Roma stadium and leaks got me worried and unfortunately the leaks were true. I'm surprised people have been so positive. We're getting a new stadium and in a great location but those were given so I don't see why people are going easy on what could just be any genetic new stadium. Everton has identity, that stadium doesn't fit the club. 

12 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Said from the off I wanted an industrial style stadium blending in with the surrounding. The Miller Park one got be excited for what they could do. Roma stadium and leaks got me worried and unfortunately the leaks were true. I'm surprised people have been so positive. We're getting a new stadium and in a great location but those were given so I don't see why people are going easy on what could just be any genetic new stadium. Everton has identity, that stadium doesn't fit the club. 

Because they like it?! I know it's always tricky in a debate of opinions, but yours can't always be the right opinion.

Best thing you can do buddy is get yaself to the consultations, or whatever they are doing, and register all your ideas in great detail. You never know.

29 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Because they like it?! I know it's always tricky in a debate of opinions, but yours can't always be the right opinion.

Best thing you can do buddy is get yaself to the consultations, or whatever they are doing, and register all your ideas in great detail. You never know.

I find it hard to believe people genuinely like it that much. 

I was happy with the Kirkby one when we had empty pockets but this time round the club upped expectations, got in the best of the best and made a big hoo-ha only for them to drop a space ship on top of two brick walls. Usually projects on this scale have a few proposals yet I have a feeling we've run away with one idea. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I find it hard to believe people genuinely like it that much. 

I was happy with the Kirkby one when we had empty pockets but this time round the club upped expectations, got in the best of the best and made a big hoo-ha only for them to drop a space ship on top of two brick walls. Usually projects on this scale have a few proposals yet I have a feeling we've run away with one idea. 

I genuinely like it that much, I think it is going to be iconic.

Give it time to grow on you.

Me too. Maybe everyone is happy with us because they just like it. 

I like the look. I said when I first saw it that it looks like a space ship landed on the Albert dock. I think the whole glass roof will soften by the time it’s built. It looks chrome on the images but that’s just the effect. I love the balcony on the South stand, on a nice day I’ll be happy to get in early and have a pint on the balcony looking back at the city.  

23 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Can't see it myself. Hope you're right. 

"Perspective" jokes aside I think the fact that you're comparing it to an airport lounge and a hospital restaurant means you really aren't considering the true scale of the thing, and I also think you're underplaying image of the brick "facia" on all sides of the ground; I'd guess from the video that it'll be around 60ft high, so that when you approach it'll be visually a far more defining feature than these images suggest. We'll see.

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

"Perspective" jokes aside I think the fact that you're comparing it to an airport lounge and a hospital restaurant means you really aren't considering the true scale of the thing, and I also think you're underplaying image of the brick "facia" on all sides of the ground; I'd guess from the video that it'll be around 60ft high, so that when you approach it'll be visually a far more defining feature than these images suggest. We'll see.

I think when stood in front of it, it will look quite imposing. The brick will look tall, like the Tabacco Warehouse, and then the roof popping out above it. 

The quality of the brickwork, especially that lattice design, will make it break it for me. 

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Get them in Ste and I'll join you, unless we're still selling just Carling in which case I'll be in a pub outside.

No problem Mike, happily get them in! I’ll start saving now as I’m fully expecting £10 a pint to pay for that roof 😂

tell you what, I’ll meet you at the Bramley-Moore pub over the road. 🍺 

In all honesty, how many stadiums have a balcony? We wanted unique, we got a fucking balcony on the home end! I’ve stayed in some fine hotels without a balcony! 

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Wouldn't be surprised if an airport lounge is bigger. Makes me think of Heathrow. Unsure how the size matters, there's loads of building in London nicknamed by what they look like, first that comes to mind is a a Manchester one though, the toast rack, doesn't matter how big it is if it'll still look like a lounge to me. Afraid we'll be in danger of being known as the some space ship viewing lounge stadium which is a shame when we should be an iconic waterside stadium. So much heritage and we've not done it justice. 

toastrack3.jpg

Why would we be in danger of that Pete? The only person saying it is you haha

The common consensus is that it is impressive. All the media outlets, the fans, so far even the locals on social media seem keen. 

It will be unique, there’s nothing else like it. People talk about the brick stadiums Meis has created in the states, wanting it to be like them, but wanting unique. You can’t be unique and like another. It’s a bit different, but it will do the job. It stands out and will blend in, it’s bigger but not massive, it’s modern but not too much. Every single one of us will love the place a decade from now. 

I’ve said before, Goodison is a shithole, but it’s our shithole. This place can be a dockland eyesore, but it will be our dockland eyesore!

9 minutes ago, StevO said:

Why would we be in danger of that Pete? The only person saying it is you haha

The common consensus is that it is impressive. All the media outlets, the fans, so far even the locals on social media seem keen. 

It will be unique, there’s nothing else like it. People talk about the brick stadiums Meis has created in the states, wanting it to be like them, but wanting unique. You can’t be unique and like another. It’s a bit different, but it will do the job. It stands out and will blend in, it’s bigger but not massive, it’s modern but not too much. Every single one of us will love the place a decade from now. 

I’ve said before, Goodison is a shithole, but it’s our shithole. This place can be a dockland eyesore, but it will be our dockland eyesore!

Think I'm the only one seeing an airport lounge, but you and few others have said space ship. Even if its just that, would you really want us to be the space ship team? I remember being blown away by the Japan Korea world cup stadiums. Our new one doesn't seem nearly 20 years more developed than them and will probs age worse. 

You can tell Goodison used to be beauty though, still has that twinkle in the eye. This new one I'd have no problem with if it was a science museum and they knocked down that god awful Liverpool museum. As a football stadium it's lacking for me, especially given its location. If it wasn't ours and another club presented that I don't think many of us would be in awe or jealous. 

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Think I'm the only one seeing an airport lounge, but you and few others have said space ship. Even if its just that, would you really want us to be the space ship team? I remember being blown away by the Japan Korea world cup stadiums. Our new one doesn't seem nearly 20 years more developed than them and will probs age worse. 

You can tell Goodison used to be beauty though, still has that twinkle in the eye. This new one I'd have no problem with if it was a science museum and they knocked down that god awful Liverpool museum. As a football stadium it's lacking for me, especially given its location. If it wasn't ours and another club presented that I don't think many of us would be in awe or jealous. 

Get on social media Pete, fans of other clubs have said how good it looks. I know it’s all down to personal taste, but you’re definitely in the minority on this one. But I’m sure you’ll grow to love it when we get in there, I’ll even get you a beer on the balcony. 

The only new stadiums I’ve been in awe of was the Emirates the first time I went, I thought it was absolute luxury. The whole place is like a first class lounge, it’s just lovely. It’s got no atmosphere though. I’ve watched the Spurs stadium being built and thought the level of detail is fantastic and they’ve done such a good job of everything. But it is still just another bowl and it cost a billion pound! There were a few nice ones in Germany for the World Cup, but even a lot of them were just rebuilds on a budget. 

Stay positive mate, you’ll love it!

15 minutes ago, StevO said:

Get on social media Pete, fans of other clubs have said how good it looks. I know it’s all down to personal taste, but you’re definitely in the minority on this one. But I’m sure you’ll grow to love it when we get in there, I’ll even get you a beer on the balcony. 

The only new stadiums I’ve been in awe of was the Emirates the first time I went, I thought it was absolute luxury. The whole place is like a first class lounge, it’s just lovely. It’s got no atmosphere though. I’ve watched the Spurs stadium being built and thought the level of detail is fantastic and they’ve done such a good job of everything. But it is still just another bowl and it cost a billion pound! There were a few nice ones in Germany for the World Cup, but even a lot of them were just rebuilds on a budget. 

Stay positive mate, you’ll love it!

Emirates blew everyone away. There was a lot of noise about Spurs stadium and how well it was finished. Chelseas draft of the Battersea power plant got a lot of attention too (although mixed). Ours doesn't seem to be attracting much attention in how it looks, main thing you hear is it'll be good for the city (which is right and probably the best thing to happen in Liverpool since Liverpool over). 

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I know its hard mate, and its about 3/4 years off but try to hold off judgement until you have been inside to watch a match, once you watch us play there then you will know how you feel about it.

Things look a lot shinier in concept designs, and allot more grounded in reality.

I used to live about 10 mins away from the Emeretes stadium, and the concept designs we saw were very plastic looking and to be honest like a shopping center. In reality its a very good stadium, all be it as SteveO has said with no atmosphere.

Our new stadium looks so much better than the concept designs Arsenal had, and it will look even better in reality. In 5 years time fans from other teams will be saying that they want their new stadium to be similar to ours.

28 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Emirates blew everyone away.

Other than Arsenal supporters when they went to watch a game, 95% of them would have Highbury back in a heartbeat going by people I've spoken to.

Blew everyone away at first look perhaps but then reality kicked in. Ultimately it's nice to have a great looking stadium, like most expect ours to be, but when you're sat there watching a match the aesthetics of the outside are irrelevant.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Emirates blew everyone away. There was a lot of noise about Spurs stadium and how well it was finished. Chelseas draft of the Battersea power plant got a lot of attention too (although mixed). Ours doesn't seem to be attracting much attention in how it looks, main thing you hear is it'll be good for the city (which is right and probably the best thing to happen in Liverpool since Liverpool over). 

Most media outlets have commented how good it looks, from Sky, BBC, Talk sport and plenty of former players in the media, not just former Everton players. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Other than Arsenal supporters when they went to watch a game, 95% of them would have Highbury back in a heartbeat going by people I've spoken to.

Blew everyone away at first look perhaps but then reality kicked in. Ultimately it's nice to have a great looking stadium, like most expect ours to be, but when you're sat there watching a match the aesthetics of the outside are irrelevant.

I think I liked having space and a padded seat. As opposed to having my knees against my ears in Gwladys street. 😂