IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

3 hours ago, StevO said:

The wording from the windows has definitely gone. 

im guessing the wind baffles are the bits off wall sticking out in each corner. Might just stop the wind blowing as strong where the fans are stood? No idea really. 

Big shame that but I suppose it was inevitable if it was going to be part of the skyline. I assume it’s to keep The heritage people happy, cant think of another reason 

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

Big shame that but I suppose it was inevitable if it was going to be part of the skyline. I assume it’s to keep The heritage people happy, cant think of another reason 

I saw it get a bit of negativity on Twitter. Was very take it or leave it for me. If it’s just big vinyl letters on the glass they can come and go easily enough. 

12 hours ago, StevO said:

I saw it get a bit of negativity on Twitter. Was very take it or leave it for me. If it’s just big vinyl letters on the glass they can come and go easily enough. 

I thought it’d be frosted glass kinda thing, but projection would make sense. 

52 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

We just need the deep water docks to get sorted so the big cruise liners can start coming back into Liverpool. Imagine all the tourists pulling in on their ships and being greeted by the sight of the stadium. There'll be plenty of tourists who aren't all that fussed about a particular team but would like to visit the stadium and experience the football culture of the city.

That's why there is so much bile coming from certain sections of the Liverpool fans. They can see it all coming. In another 10-20 years the stadium will transform the club. Eventually the additional revenue will just be too much for them to compete with. Trading on past glories will only get you so far.

The big liners can come anyway can’t they? They regularly have the three tall ships at the docks. Think it’s just not a big cruise destination. Hopefully that changes with the new terminal. 

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

From my understanding it is a "naming option". If it is what I think then effectively this is the minimum we can expect. Should a better offer come in for the naming rights then we take that but if not then USM will do it for £30m.

It's just Usmanov ensuring we get a good deal. Any future deals will have to be better than this now.

Edit.

I've been told that Spurs are still unable to find a sponsor for their stadium and are asking for £20m

Is that per year? It must be