IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

1 minute ago, StevO said:

I like the idea, but the new stadium will have disabled seating in (I think) eight different sections. I think each stand had one section and then each corner too. 
There should definitely be a load of seats for EITC to each for each match though. 

Your right with the disabled seating, and it does make sense that they have a lot more choices of were they want to watch the game from. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Your right with the disabled seating, and it does make sense that they have a lot more choices of were they want to watch the game from. 

It really does, they have done a great job improving it at Goodison in the last couple of years. 
Looking at the new stadium plans there are lifts and escalators all over the place, it’ll be so much more accessible for many people.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/03/2020 at 03:38, Matt said:

But not officially which continues to worry me. We’re using loopholes and they tend to get punished eventually 

What’s the difference though to what other clubs are doing? Because He isn’t an official sponsor we can’t sell naming rights to him? 

7 hours ago, Btay said:

What’s the difference though to what other clubs are doing? Because He isn’t an official sponsor we can’t sell naming rights to him? 

It’s not that, it just all seems underhand and it makes me uncomfortable 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

It’s not that, it just all seems underhand and it makes me uncomfortable 

The reality is that unless there is proof that he "owns" the club then he is free to sponsor us.

For years it was clear that Phillip Green was running and fleecing our club via a proxy... I didn't see the protecting us then with our "operating costs" seemingly leaving us without money to spend 

Usmanov has got the best financial brains on his payroll.  Man City will hopefully fight UEFA and get some sanity on FFP... Martin Samuel wrote a great piece on why it's geared to protect the established commercial clubs from getting caught by clubs with rich owners. 

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Love that idea. I’m pretty sure that second statue is Howard Kendall. I’ve already made my thoughts clear that the home end should be named after him (a link to the current Gwladys Street stand too) and it would be fitting to walk past a statue of him as you approach the stand from the fan plaza.