IGNORED

January Plans

Romey 1878

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 01:43, markjazzbassist said:

i'm guessing brands was hoping the loans would help them in the shop window but it doesn't seem to have been beneficial for any of them.  i'm sure it will be a fire sale this summer which teams will be well aware of and we will sell the whole lot for about a quarter to a third of what we paid for them in total.  honestly at this point i'm fine with it because i just want the dead wood gone and an younger squad with promise that Brands can assemble.  I don't even need big money signings.  I'm confident a couple pieces here and there in the summer could really help us.  RB and CM being the big ones we need to sign for me.

Who in their right minds are going to buy the shite we have with the wages they are on? Even money off, even doing a buy one get one free offer will not make teams take these shitehawks and their big earnings on. That's the stumbling block. I'm sure, for example, Palace would like to have Bolasie back but they probably cant justify either matching or improving his wages.

11 minutes ago, aaron said:

Who in their right minds are going to buy the shite we have with the wages they are on? Even money off, even doing a buy one get one free offer will not make teams take these shitehawks and their big earnings on. That's the stumbling block. I'm sure, for example, Palace would like to have Bolasie back but they probably cant justify either matching or improving his wages.

I can't even justify supplying him with football boots, so I don't blame them for that.

2 hours ago, aaron said:

I have feeling most of them will have to take a wage cut to get more playing time.  I think a good few of them will, but yeah there will be some holdouts.

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I have feeling most of them will have to take a wage cut to get more playing time.  I think a good few of them will, but yeah there will be some holdouts.

Cant blame them for not wanting to take a wage cut either. Especially the younger players. Sandro will probably happily keep going out on loan, picking up his £120k a week until the end of his contract then go sign a bumper deal somewhere else.

With no Schneiderlin or Gueye in the squad tonight maybe both are off. I know Schneiderlin has missed many squads but with Gueye out, you’d expect he’d at least make the bench. I’m happy for both to go in the hope/expectancy that Brands has got something lined up.

Of course, Gueye could just be out as his head’s not right and Schneiderlin as he’s as mobile as a lamppost but it’s good to speculate!

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

With no Schneiderlin or Gueye in the squad tonight maybe both are off. I know Schneiderlin has missed many squads but with Gueye out, you’d expect he’d at least make the bench. I’m happy for both to go in the hope/expectancy that Brands has got something lined up.

Of course, Gueye could just be out as his head’s not right and Schneiderlin as he’s as mobile as a lamppost but it’s good to speculate!

Silva had said Schneiderlin was injured in the pre-game press conference yesterday. 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

I'd love us to take a punt on Che Adams from Birmingham for around £10m. Saw him score two goals in about 10 mins as a sub against Spurs for Sheff Utd in the League Cup a few years back. Lightning fast and a natural finisher, still only 22 and all. 

What's his control and hold-up play like?

:P